Could use a buddy

haribo - how did it go??

Yes~ Sashimi~~ You are PUPO indeed~~ :dance: Thinking about you too~

OT: pino, lauren, sleepy, and country... we're chat happy members! :haha: Can't believe it has been 5 months since I joined bnb. And can't believe this crazy lady thread is now in the 200s!

sashimi- all my fingers and toes and hairs and eyes and everything are crossed for you :D

So good news and bad news ladies. One of the eggs didn't make it, one was just so-so and one was really good. So they transferred the good egg and the so-so egg, so we DID make it to transfer which was the goal. I had really hoped our fertilization results had been better, but it does look like I have some issues with my egg quality which will be discussed at a later date.

BUT as of right now, I have a couple fertilized eggs in me and that is the farthest I've ever come in my TTC history. The transfer part was easy and they even printed out a picture for me to take home of the egg inside my uterus.

My doctor said he won't hold his breath for the underdeveloped egg, but there is a chance it could catch up and start growing more. But he does have high hopes for the 1 really good embryo. So hope and praying we get our BFP in 2 weeks. It's tough to remain super positive after everything we have been through, but we made it to transfer and I am thrilled with that. As of right now I feel very zen, which is a far cry for how I was in Monday!!!

Afterwards OH and I went on a lunch date to this really amazing pizza place. They have the most delicious fresh pizza, which explains why it is always packed!!! We thought that if we can't conceive naturally, then it would be nice to have a romantic lunch date to celebrate the fertilized egg being in there.

Now stick you little egg and turn into a baby!

Desperate to know how it went Sashimi, hoping it went absolutely to plan.

My interview was so-so, I'm cringing thinking about some of my answers. Am waiting to hear if I've made it to the 2nd round. Fingers crossed!

Sleepy, how did your appt go? I hope it was useful.
xxxxx

Haribo! We posted at the same time!

Glad your interview is over and done with. Now you can breathe a sigh of relief. Often the interviews I thought were just okay, end up being the jobs I landed. The ones I thought went amazing, I never get them!

Yes, Sleepy! Your appointment was today!? How did it go?

Sash--- Sorry the one did not make it, but I have high hopes for you!!! :hugs:

Haribo--- Sorry your interview didn't go as well as hoped. Hopefully it is all in your head, and you did fab. :hugs:

Pino, I'm just glad at least one egg was strong and healthy. Often they only transfer just one egg in IVF...

I am excited, Sashimi, and have really high hopes!! It sounds like pretty good news to me :). Now it's time to relax and do what you're already doing--zen pizza lunch dates!

haribo - I am with Sashimi--the interviews I've had that I didn't feel great about were almost always the ones I got an offer after. GL!!

I can't believe we are over 2100 posts! I never in a million years thought the 2,112 post would be about my IVF transfer! Our TTC roads have certainly taken a lot of twists and turns!

This is really splendid news Sashimi, 1 very good egg-brilliant! Hold on in there little egg and make yourself at home! Do you feel any different Sashimi?! So pleased you had a yummy pizza lunch, today is a momentous day and hoping in 2 weeks we'll be celebrating even more.

I think Sleepy had her appointment yesterday...let us know Sleepyowl, fingers crossed it was useful.

Thanks for all your support about interview-i am hoping you ladies are right. Of course i'll let y'all know as soon as i have an update.

I love having people to stay but am feeling bit besieged-had people at weekend, got family tomorrow, friend all next week, then more family again following week...the perils of renting a nice house with a 2nd bedroom, why didn't anyone warn us about this?! Tips on how to BD with in laws next door gratefully received!

Xxx

I sense a lot of positivity on the thread today :)

That pizza sounds delicious Sashimi, if we ever do get together in TO you'll have to take me! Two eggs is great! I'm so happy and excited for you! Do they schedule a blood test for in two weeks? I find out the gender two weeks today so we are both in a tww :wacko:

lxb, chat happy is right! Crazy that we've been on here that long and all been through so much together.

haribo - I have my fingers crossed for you. Your personality is what shines in an interview, not necessarily the individual answers :winkwink: That's a lot of company! Can you sneak away somewhere in the car? Pino might have better suggestions lol

Great news sashimi~~ You are now PUPO!! two weeks from today shall be a great day~!! :dance:

haribo - perhaps standing position? then finish it off ttc style quietly on the bed? :haha: Oo... sneaking off to a car like country suggested sounds like an exciting idea~ :dance: C'monnn :ninja: bd! And like the other ladies said, I'm sure the interview went much better than you thought~ :thumbup:

Yay Sashimi! So happy that the transfer went well and that you and OH were able to have some celebratory pizza together. So true that this is the furthest you've come in your journey having those fertilized eggs in you and I am just praying that this is it!! STICK!! I was literally just about to email you, but figured I had to share in the excitement for what might be here :)

I had my appointment today and she was amazing. She is actually my primary care physician, but did several years of OB/GYN work in her residency so she was very informed. She said that 8 months isn't too long, but she had some cause for alarm since OH and I have not used contraceptives since October 2009. She was surprised that I had not gotten pregnant yet, and would like to run all the basic tests after 1 more cycle (aka after I turn 30). Apparently my insurance covers significantly more by way of fertility needs after I turn 30. So I have my basic blood work due next week (thyroid and some other stuff) and my next appt on Sept 20. If I get my period (which is due that week), then she will have me do all the hormone testing and order an ultrasound. OH has his appointment tomorrow and I'm thinking SA will be late next week. So I feel like I'm in a good place and don't feel overwhelmed at all.

:rofl: thanks a lot country :haha: ---
HariboSeriously this is going to sound bad, but parents are not stupid they know you are going to have sex. It's reality. With that said :blush: Car sex is fun, but cramped, and let's say I hurt my back in a car. When we lived w/ in laws it was in a farm area, and outside sex in the stars on top of the car is the best :haha: Anyways the key is to be quiet, but not to quiet. If it is deadly silent they will know. Turn the radio or tv on. They will still know, but it's not as bad. Act natural, just like I am sure they are wondering how they are going to have sex w/ you guys there. You will learn to brush the embarrassment off, it's not like they will say anything.

Sash--- Since they usually only implant 1 egg, that makes your chances a bit higher!! :hugs: When can you find out?? I mean I imagine it is like Friends and Pheobe finds out like an our after the transfer :rofl:

I have to wait 2 weeks to find out like any regular pregnancy. It's going to be tough! And I'm sure I'll be on here a lot!! Honestly I don't have high hopes for that underdeveloped egg but I am super optimistic about the strong one so we'll see.

Yay sleepy!! Glad you had a successful doctors visit. Doesn't it feel good to know you will finally be getting help? Getting my thyroid problem diagnosed was one of the best things to come out of my fertility visits... Outside of an impending BFP that is! I'm happy that you feel optimistic! Aug 29 was a good day for this board!!

pino! my thoughts exactly! (Phoebe finding out an hour after the transfer!) I remember she walked home after the transfer and put her legs up on the sofa! :haha: oh dear pino... it made me :wacko: when you say "just like the inlaws thinking how they're going to have sex w/ them there".... NOT a nice thought at all. but natural. :rofl: I get SUPER conscious when we have people staying in the next room! I think we were in different part of the bed trying to figure out the quietest spot! :haha: Good thing though... is that our guests are older.. and they go to bed early... and I often hear them start snoring! So I know we're safe~ DH is a morning person... I often find myself half asleep! :haha: :haha: the weirdest thing is though are the times that after we got ready/shower and left the bedroom.. and saw his mom sitting by her desk doing her stuff (which is outside of our room. I dont know how long she has been there!). Made me feel a little self-conscious!

sleepy - so glad it went well~ you are on your way to getting answers and one more step closer to bfp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->