Could use a buddy

So happy for you treasured!! Please let us know what you find out :) btw your kitten is sooo cute.

Thanks guys! Ill keep you all posted. Ohh I know she is, except not at 6am when she cries to wake me up. Preparing me for the future I suppose :p.

I was thinking of you today treasured! Thanks for updating can't wait to hear about the follow up appointment!

I everyone!! Sorry it has been so long!! I need to catch up on journals, and hopefully I will in the next couple of days!

Things have been really crazy, and I will try to update soon! I just wanted you all to know, I am still here and ok, just swamped LOL

Pino!!!! So glad to hear from you xoxoxo can't wait to hear how you are doing

Hi Pino! :hi: So nice to hear from you!! :D Can't wait to hear how everything's going with your and DH's new life in OK!

Hey gang! So I called the doctors this morning and asked for my test results and she told me everything was 'normal'. Now I am obviously kind of happy that this is fine but now I am thinking that it must be something more serious. She didnt give me any details at all though and I am unsure of exactly what they were testing. Did you ladies get a proper break down and explanation? I tried to book an appointment to speak to the doctor about it but they were fully booked in advance. Sometimes the NHS frustrates me! So I will have to wait and call in the mornings.

I guess that means that I have good progesterone levels and that my thyroid is fine. I think they were testing for testosterone, LH and FSH as well but I dont know what they are supposed to be like anyway.

HMMM. Anyone shed some light on what this actually means from here haha?

xxx

Treasured sounds like they did the basic tests. Mine were all normal too! Dont worry about it being something more serious. You may just end up being in the unexplained category which is frustrating or if it is something else they can fix it. Whatever it is I'm positive they will find a protocol that works for you. I seem to recall you saying you had surgery some years back? Could scar tissue maybe be blocking things? This happened to my cousin after she had her appendix out and now she has triplets!! She did IVF because the scar tissue was blocking things from happening naturally.

Now if your levels are all normal it could just be that you aren't ovulating regularly. That can be solved simply by taking medication and doesn't require a lot of intervention.

In my case some of the blood tests showed I had a low ovarian reserve (basically means I have ovaries that are older than my actual age!!) and the IVF showed I have an egg quality issue. I can relate to you on how frustrating it is when all the initial tests come back normal and you wonder what the heck it could be. Fertility is such a mystery but you will get pregnant! You are on the right path getting help. Just keep asking questions and keep trying for an appointment to have everything explained to you and figure out next steps!

like sashimi said, definitely don't worry about it being something more serious. And yes, I did get a breakdown of what was tested and the result to see what the actual levels are compared to the rest of the population in the same age group.

did they say what the next step is? I know you've kept track of your cycles and seems like you have good LP and your temp seems to rise properly (good progesterone). did the SA result come back yet?

Treasured I had to ask what the levels were and what they meant and what the next steps were etc. Can you ask for a specific test or ultrasound? Like sashimi said I know you will get pregnant and it may just take some deeper investigation. All of my tests were 100% normal and even good and the issue was a complete mystery until they did an ultrasound, and then once they knew there were very specific ways to deal with what they found.

Can you ask for an hsg? If you did have a surgery it could be worth it to see if your tubes are open. The SA is also easy and will be really informative! I know it can be frustrating to get inconclusive information but you are on the right path and we are thinking about you and rooting for you!

Treasured please feel free to message me on FB any time if you have any questions or just want to vent! It was a year ago today that I started my IVF injections and it was a really scary and uncertain time. I just went with the flow and definitely didn't ask enough questions as I was so overwhelmed with the fertility treatment process!

Pino: thinking of you! Hope you post an update soon!

Thanks ladies, although I am a little uncertain of what is going on I am definitely happy to get this going! I just find it strange that there is no break down of my results, I even went into the doctors practice yesterday and was told that there was no break down of results and that it just comes back 'normal'. Its hard to believe without seeing proper information :\. I guess as soon as I can get an appointment booked I can see about moving to the next step. Maybe its because we have the NHS they can't give me as specific results? Hmm.

Anyway thank you ladies! And sashimi I will definitely take you up on that I'm not sure what is going to happen with regards to fertility treatment because I don't know whether we would want to go straight ahead with IVF etc if that was needed. I wouldnt be 100% happy going through it by myself while OH is away for work, and I'm not sure we would even qualify due to our age....

Treasured you have every right to have a baby whether you are 21 or 41! No one can discriminate against a couple for wanting a baby! Things might run differently over there from a fertility treatment standpoint but I'd like to help in anyway I can!

Hi everyone, it's so nice to see posts on here again! Treasured, I'm so glad you are in the next steps towards your BFP! I don't have any experience with the testing but I wish the best for you. You are such a sweet heart :)

Things have been rough lately. My job has been taking a lot out of me. This move has been both a blessing and a curse. The stress and financial complications has made it rough. With that said emotionally it has put everything into focus. Me and OH are closer than we have been in a long time.

We are not TTC as of now, but we are not preventing anything either. I did finally get insurance, but I am avoiding making the appointment. Not because of the age anymore but I am just worried about everything health wise.

My grandfather passed away last week, I am in a bit of a tougher spot emotionally.

Hopefully I can get back on here a little more often :D

Pino!!! :hi: I'm so sorry things have been hard. I'm glad you have insurance regardless of whether you get testing :hugs: We've all missed you!

pino im so sorry to hear you're having a rough time! hugs to you. this too shall pass!

it's good to hear from you pino~ :wave:

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather :hugs:

thinking about you and hope for this rough patch to pass :hugs:

Pino, sorry to hear about your grandfather and the rough patch. Hope we can be here for you and help you get through. It's good to hear you and DH are in a good place relationshipwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->