Could use a buddy

I actually cried while writing the post!!! I was more emotional writing that, than giving a speech at both my brother and BF's weddings! I'm sick, in bed with an airplane pillow around my neck and in a robe even though its 100 degrees outside, typing and sobbing, so I probably look like someone out of a Bridget Jones movie!

I never in a million years thought I would go through IVF, its so expensive and so drastic and honestly, it's the last resort. I feel like a door could very well shut in my face, but my optimism really comes from the support of this board!

I hope we can maybe all meet somehow, one day, when we all have our BFPs or babies! We can say remember when we all met on the board and Sleepy's MIL screamed into the phone and Lxb dressed up as a ninja and karate chopped her MIL? And remember how scared and frustrated we all were? One day these feelings will all be a passing memory!

Sleepy any time you want to ask questions about fertility visits, feel free to email me! Even if you think it is trivial, ask! For these doctors, it gets so routine but for us, we are like deers in headlights! I'm happy to help as someone who has tried and failed at a few assisted conception attempts!

Gah!! Now I'm writing at the same time as Lauren!! Haha, love to see the momentum back on this board. Isn't it funny how me, Lauren and Sleepy all started new jobs around the same time fertility appointments started up. I was so overwhelmed and scared, but it has all worked out and honestly I think to myself that I don't know what I would do without my job as a distraction. I've had a couple late, drunken nights with my super fun co-workers, I like the work, I like that the office supports infertility and I couldn't have landed in a better place. Sleepy, I think if you just trust in the process it will all work out. When it rains it pours and it will feel so good to get out of this limbo where a question mark feels permanently placed over your head.

Cheers to moving forward!

LOLLLL at the vision of you as Bridget Jones!! I am sorry, I know you're feeling rotten! But that image is too cute. I hope your OH is being super sweet to you! We SO will meet some day! That is definitely on my list of must-do's!

Sleepy, I second the invitation to be asked about procedures! With the laundry list of things the women of this board have been through (a list which is constantly being added to!) I think we'll have every test, procedure, and treatment in the book covered before this is all over! Of course I hope that won't be necessary, but at least we're an informed group!

LOL we did it again...OK I'm officially stopping for the night!

I must be having an emotional break because I am still crying!!! I jus downed almost 32 oz of Gatorade in an effort to choke back the tears. Clearly I should sleep soon.

Lauren - I haven't started my job yet. Still waiting for them to finish my security clearance and background check. It seems like it's moving along though so it should just be a matter of time.

Sashimi - I will probably send you an email as the appointment gets closer. I want to make sure I'm prepared for the appointment and that I'm asking the right questions and not forgetting important points. And I agree - it must be totally crazy gearing up for IVF. I don't think anyone ever imagines that they will be in that position. But you really are handling it wonderfully and I think that having such a peace about it speaks volumes about it being the right thing at the right time for you and OH.

And yes, I second Sashimi - we should all totally meet one day!

P.S. I'm still crying! Lol!!

Haha! I'm LOLing at myself for feeling like Bridget Jones. Yes, OH is being super sweet. He went out and got me NyQuil, Popsicles, throat lozenges and McD's for dinner... which I haven't had in years, but it was so good!!! Probably the worst thing for a cold and fever, and not what I should be eating while gearing up for IVF, but I needed it! And we watched Breaking Bad together, so that was nice! Also, I will for sure wake up with a face full of zits tomorrow, but again. Worth it! It's says like these that I am also super thankful for my OH!

Oh geez, we need a live chat in here so we stop typing over each other. I'm going to lurk around for a few more minutes because it says Lxb is on. Lxb I see you!

LOL @ Sashimi seeing Lxb. Hilarious and creepy all at once!!!! I'll be looking for your email Sashimi - thank you for always being so helpful!!!

Hahahhahaha.... I can't laughing!! Bridget's jones!

We should have live chat!! I kept on refreshing the page to see updates!! :haha:

I hope we do get to meet some day! With our babies!!!

You ladies are so much stronger than I am and you ladies ARE my inspirations! And I couldnt ask for a better group of ladies to share my ttc journey with.

*cheers* to moving forward! I love my crazy thread ladies!!

Well at the bottom it said current active users were me, Sleepy and lxb. Now it's just me and lxb and yes, I do feel creepy for stating that out loud! My NyQuil is kicking in, so I guess I will sign off as well! Night ladies!

Just a quick update from me. My d&c is scheduled to be tomorrow afternoon. And the thing I a worried about is not being able to eat! :haha:

Looking forward to moving forward!

Ok...HAD to pop on again for a minute and say thy Sleepy, I have been literally living off of Gatorade and saltines during recovery, Sashimi, I had McDs TWICE since my lap :blush:, and lxb I was SO scared of that part!! Not eating or drinking totally irritated me, and for some reason it's just cracking me up right now! Maybe because I am so food-centered? Anyway, I will be thinking of you!

Off to bed for real..

Now I see Lauren! :haha: and yea.. I cant imagine discussing about my cm IRL! And about our bd schedule! :haha:

Watching the Olympics now... And setting alarm for me to eat something before midnight :shy:

hi everyone!!

So I am all caught up reading for just the last 2 days LOL.Your girls ALWAYS have a tendency to write when I'm not online! So not fair LOL JK!!

So my OH took 2 days off, and it felt so good to spend so much time with him. With that being said I am glad he is back to work today :haha:

Today is my nephew's birthday, so I am taking him bowling. It should be fun. Honestly though, there has been way to much excitement this weekend, that I am ready to get back to my normal, boring routine.

Ok so TMI---
When me and OH were BDing yesterday, and he finished. (I was on top) I got off and a glob "fell" more like slid out of my, and it wasn't his cum but a HUGE glob of EWCM???? Has anyone had that happen?? It was really weird. IDK

Well I will comment individually a bit later :hugs:

So ladies. Me and OH have come to a conclusion… My Dr. is an IDIOT!!We decided that I am not going to get any more tests done until after we move in March and I find a new Dr. Since we don’t have any insurance it’s getting quite expensive to make an apt and here that we must not be BDing on the correct days. I am so irritated with the whole situation. So all in all we are going to just take it a bit easier, if that is even possible :shrug:

Update on Grandmother…. She is doing ok, and we have bought here som stuff that she needs, along with pulling together some money. She is in Phoenix right now, with my OH’s Aunt, but is coming back down before my Birthday on the 14th.

Lauren--- Sorry your surgery took a lot out of you, but at least it is over and done with.

Sleepy---Sorry AF got you, but at least you were able to enjoy the beach with your big boobs :haha:

Treasured--- Your chart looks normal. Remember after O your temp goes up, and after AF it goes back down, so your looks good so far. Sorry about your friend though, but you are right it is her choice, and it is the best for some, but never easy.

SashimiMimi--- :hugs: your post brought a tear to my eye :cry: In reality though, you are the strong one. After your IUI’s and BFN’s you are still moving forward, and now the IVF. I honestly don’t know if I would have the courage to go through with it. You are an amazing woman. As for the age difference…. Yes I am younger, and I had to grow up quickly. Me and OH were talking about this yesterday how all of our friends either already have “accidental” kids or they are partying everyday. I don’t really fit in my age group as I don’t have either :shrug:….. So by the end of August they will do the implanting?? I am excited for you! :hugs:

Lxb--- How was your Dr’s apt??? Hopefully everything is all clear, so you can move on. :hugs:

RCAFWife--- I have never heard of soft cups?? But good luck!! :hugs:

It would be so awesome for all of us to meet up one day, hopefully after we all get our BFP’s and we can have playdates :haha:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->