Council Tax

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
I know this should ideally be in the work/finance section but i just needed a quick response so thought i could put it in here?

Anyways,my OH came home from work the other day and noiced that we havnt had our notice to pay our council tax:shrug:

So he said 'leave it with me and ill see whats goin off'

(we wait for the notice to pay it as we have had probs with direct debit with them so we rely on that to make the payment on time iykwim?)

So he comes home today and has been speaking to his mate and his mate has said...'we dont pay our council tax in December or January,they never charge us'.

So now im confused:wacko: does everyone not pay council tax in december and january? Cos we sill havnt had our notice or anything:shrug:

my parents never had to pay in december or january. I think its normal.

I've only ever had to pay council tax in one property & that was in Dorset. I know there they spread 10 months worth of payments over the full 12 months. But at my parents house in Cheshire, they don't pay in January or February. Hope that makes some form of sense?

I'm guessing it's dependent on your council - I'd look on their website to see

i know you only pay council tax for 10 months of the year.
for some reason i think we pay our first payment in April then the 9 months after that so that would make Feb and March our none payment time but i havent paid it myself for a long time now so im not 100% sure if it is.

Thats right you only pay 10 months so these must be your two "cooling" months!

Im sure it's only 10 months of the year you pay council tax, don't think everyone has the same 2 months that they don't pay though. I think those are the months that you haven't got to pay. I'm sure if you had to pay & you haven't they would of been intouch :)

Yeah, like everyone else said you get 2 months 'off' (they're not freee months, they just put the cost of those two months ontop of the other months DD :roll:).
When we were setting our DD up for paying CT we had the option of paying for all the months as normal or taking 2 months 'off' in March and April.

Ah right! i get it now...cos ours is £85 a month and she did mention about paying 10months a year :dohh:

thanks guys xx

Yeah, like everyone else said you get 2 months 'off' (they're not freee months, they just put the cost of those two months ontop of the other months DD :roll:)

Was just about to say this :)

We get ours 'free' in January and February £100 extra for the xmas sales :happydance: LOL xx

We don't pay any in February or March so it sounds like these are your two months 'off'. Ours is £144 a month so I'm definitely looking forward to February and March :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->