Crafty Chicks!!!!

Errmm... hmmm... :-k

You can always stitch the edges to prevent the fraying but that seems like ALOT of work!! Especially for someone who claims they can't sew. :)

What about finding some sort of backing -- like iron on tape binding/backing or something. Applying that to the ends as far as you intend to cut upward and then cut that. The backing may prevent the fraying. Not sure how easy it would be to string beads on that though....

Maybe someone else has a better idea!!! :mrgreen:

I may just make a line of beads and attached somehow... or say forget it... :rofl: Maybe Ill just make a belt and necklace out of the beads instead :rofl:

Dare I make a dress for the summer ball this year?

Scrapbook Memories

I felt like such a dork for recording this show, but it was really good (the one episode I watched)

Their website has lots of photo projects on it. :D Haven't checked it out toooo much, but I am going to in a minute, seems cool what I have checked out so far.

OMG OMG OMG!!!

I am making a Scrapbook for OH's birthday, painting a little picture to go in a keyring for him... Making garters for wedding, jewellery for wedding... I have a massive cross stitch on the go! Um um um... I've been making some plastic bead bracelets for my brother, Alex and I.... Making clay houses (Really must get on with those) I bought a knitting machine and made a...well, it's a tube right now, meant to be a hat, LOL! I'm sure I'm doing more than that.....

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I will have to post some pictures some time soon. I'm home all day while OH is working, so I've had to actually start some projects to keep me occupied! Helps that Alex is encouraging and enjoys crafty stuff too. :)

I LOVE ARTS AND CRAFTS! (Yes, I'm slightly too enthusiastic :p)

I'd love to get into dressmaking too! Anyone know where I can get a cheap but good sewing machine? :)

xxxx

If anyone cares! :shy:

I posted some pics of blankets I made for my kiddo in my journal. A couple of ladies asked me to give instructions, as they are super easy to make. I finally got around to doing instructions for version one (satin binded). I'll do instructions for a hooded blanket in the next few days.

If you'd like to see the instructions:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...okin-her-first-otter-cub-287.html#post2592063
Post number 2863

They are wicked easy and make great gifts! :mrgreen:

If anyone cares! :shy:

I posted some pics of blankets I made for my kiddo in my journal. A couple of ladies asked me to give instructions, as they are super easy to make. I finally got around to doing instructions for version one (satin binded). I'll do instructions for a hooded blanket in the next few days.

If you'd like to see the instructions:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...okin-her-first-otter-cub-287.html#post2592063
Post number 2863

They are wicked easy and make great gifts! :mrgreen:

That's really useful, thanks for that post!! I might have a go at making some for my bro and sis. :D

xx

:wohoo: so I just moved! and I HAVE A CRAFT ROOM!!!! :wohoo: so once its all set up, Ill take pictures :wohoo:

:yipee: Suz!!! I would love to have a craftroom! I can't wait to see pics!

Congrats!! :wohoo:

:headspin: Im so excited.... I so cant wait to get it all fixed up :wohoo:

Yay! :yipee: I found you!

I gave away ALL of my craft things when I took my current position, but now I'm thinking about decorating bubs room and mat leave ;D

I still have ALL of my power tools - which I'll be needing!!

But I was desperate to find you girls and find out which online fabric shops to check out?? I'm looking for fabric to go with This Range (best shown in the play gym and bouncing chair)

Heya hope you don't mind that I join you! I love to cross stitch and scrapbook as well.

Here are a few of the projects I'm working on right now and a few of my scrapbook pages.

Attachments

• Rainbow 001.jpg
    Rainbow 001.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Invariance.jpg
    Invariance.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0305.jpg
    DSCN0305.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0296.jpg
    DSCN0296.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 10
That cross stitching is gorgeous!! I would love to do stuff like that. :D

Does anyone on here knit?? If so i am hoping to learn how and wondered if there was any advice ???

can't believe I have never spotted this group before :dohh:

Anyway I love to cross stitch (currently working on a large winnie the pooh throw for future baby) I would love to learn to scrapbook & I have done some card making in the past.

My biggest craft hobby is sewing though! I make childrens clothing and also am setting up my own business making & selling cloth nappies, wraps, changing mats, wipes etc.

I love sewing and considering I have taught myself everything I regards to sewing and up until april made NEVER sewn in my life before I think I am pretty good at it hehe. Well I am certainly confident enough at my ability that I am happy to do it as a business

Looking forward to seeing all your creations :flower:

I cross stitch and have done for about a year and half ish now. I would love to try card making but atm im saving up the pennies so it will have to wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->