Crazy Tester's Hoping for a 2016 BFP!!!

Lillian - Looking beautiful!!

Silas - Sorry about the :witch: Hope you get your BFP for your birthday!!

AFM - :bfn: this morning, but I swear I have line eye and see at least a shadow. Last time that happened, I got my BFP on an FRER the next morning...BUT, I was also 9dpo when the wondfo gave me the shadow and 10dpo for the FRER. I'm only 7dpo today.

Thank u, dtd last night so now doing it 3 days straight as doing smep, hubby will be pleased, hope everyone is having a nice easter Sunday xxx

Did you do any more opks today? we may be in sync :thumbup:

Thanks Lillian & Brandi

I was holding out hope it was late implantation bleeding but I definitely have started. Nasty cramps & all.

Im overly depressed over it - cried last night & everything. My poor husband :haha: But I t will happen when it is meant to, I just need to be patient.

Finally!!

Attachments

• IMG_2300.jpg
    IMG_2300.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3
Thanks Lillian & Brandi

I was holding out hope it was late implantation bleeding but I definitely have started. Nasty cramps & all.

Im overly depressed over it - cried last night & everything. My poor husband :haha: But I t will happen when it is meant to, I just need to be patient.

:hugs: The disappointment is so hard! but if you think about it, the next time you ovulate is not that long away- It always makes me feel better working out the next time I will and making a plan for it. I know that sounds a bit sad but it passes the time and I get excited all over again :thumbup:

Thanks Lillian & Brandi

I know exactly how you feel! Last month I fell to pieces over not being pregnant! The last couple of days I have made peace with it but it was really hard. I hope you start to feel better soon.:hugs:

Question for those who do temps.

What exactly does it entail? I might try it if the witch arrives this week. I know it's supposed to be done first thing in the morning and that's all I know.

I'm also asking because my "normal" oral body temp is between 96.6 and 97.0. But this week, I've been holding steady around 98.3. Yesterday, my oral temp was 98.6 and I just oral temp'd now and got 97.3. None of these are first morning temps.

What exactly does it entail? I might try it if the witch arrives this week. I know it's supposed to be done first thing in the morning and that's all I know.

I'm also asking because my "normal" oral body temp is between 96.6 and 97.0. But this week, I've been holding steady around 98.3. Yesterday, my oral temp was 98.6 and I just oral temp'd now and got 97.3. None of these are first morning temps.

It's actually really hard to say what's "normal" for you until you have temped consistently and even then "normal" doesn't seem to exist. Temping does however help to see patterns and lets you know when you actually have ovulated. Temping first thing in the morning is not as important as temping the same time every day after you have slept a good bit. I have to set my fitbit alarm because just "temping when I woke up" was too inconsistent. You would be good at it though I would say by the depth of your symptom tracking.

I feel my ovulation so I know exactly when it happens. I had my son in July and my cycles haven't returned to MY regular yet (26 days, O on CD13) but my last three have been 30-31 days and O on CD17 or 18.

Based on just random oral temps taken over the years, I always tend to temp between 96.6 and 97.0, which is why I said that's my "normal".

I guess I just wondered about such a significant dip. 98.6 to 97.3 in 24 hours (both temps were between 8am and 8:30am.)

My new testing date will be at 9dpo, 15th April :thumbup:

Thanks Lillian & Brandi

Silas, I'm so sorry the witch got you :( I hope May is your month... you're right, patience is all it takes...

I get what you mean about being so sad, every cycle it's harder to pick myself up after AF... hopefully soon I'll be celebrating rather than crying!!!

I feel my ovulation so I know exactly when it happens. I had my son in July and my cycles haven't returned to MY regular yet (26 days, O on CD13) but my last three have been 30-31 days and O on CD17 or 18.

Based on just random oral temps taken over the years, I always tend to temp between 96.6 and 97.0, which is why I said that's my "normal".

I guess I just wondered about such a significant dip. 98.6 to 97.3 in 24 hours (both temps were between 8am and 8:30am.)
Temps vary throughout the day. I can take my temp around lunch and it be 98.6 and then take it while I'm sitting on the couch watching TV at night and it be 97.2. also if your last three cycles have been consistent that could be your new normal. But if you feel like you already have it all pinpointed then there's really no need to temp unless you just want to do it for fun. Temps are usually much lower pre ovulation and higher post ovulation so a temp of 96 sounds like a pre ovulation temp and a temp of 98 sounds like a post ovulation temp maybe?

Ok temping crash course coming up:

1. Even though it can be done with any thermometer, it's much more accurate to get a bbt one as they give you two decimal places (eg. 97.04 rather than 97.0) which will give you more accurate fluctuations.

2. You should temp every day at the same time and as soon as you wake up, without moving (even if that means putting an alarm on). So I usually get up at 7am so I put an alarm on for 6am, temp quickly, and fall back asleep till 7am. It helps if you buy a bbt thermometer with a memory function so that you can temp and not have to look at it until after you wake up properly (helps me be able to get back to sleep). It's best then to keep thermometer next to you so you can reach for it straight away and temp as moving around will give you false readings. You also need to make sure you've had at least 4 hours sleep before temping.

3. If you wake up earlier and you temp, your temp will be lower, if you oversleep, your temp will be higher. Record it as it is (don't use the online bbt adjusters as they aren't accurate) and make a note on your chart. One or two 'off' temps won't be enough to throw your chart, apps like fertility friend will still be able to see the whole pattern and detect ovulation.

4. You can choose to temp orally or vaginally. Vaginally is more accurate and is not affected by things like if you sleep with mouth open one night or not.

5. Don't worry too much about temping while af is around, those temps don't tell you much. But start on the first day after AF is gone so you can have a nice trend to help detect ovulation.

6. The temps before ovulation are going to be lower and they give you the 'cover line' which is the average temp of your pre ovulation temps. You'll notice that one day your temp will be considerably higher (usually about .3 higher than the ones you'd be getting). Three high temps in a row confirm ovulation. Temps will tend to stay high until just before af shows or the day af shows, when it will go below cover line (your 'normal' trend will show after temping for a few cycles).

Things to keep in mind:

- Some women have a pre ovulation dip, where the temp goes a little bit lower one or two days before you ovulate. If you are one of these, charting can also help you 'predict' ovulation and time bding, but it's not 100% reliable as you can have a cycle without it.

- Some women get dips after ovulation, where the temp goes quite low, and sometimes even below the cover line. For some, it could mean an implantation dip but don't get overexcited if you see one as they are very common in non pregnancy charts (you get them with the secondary oestrogen surge in the lutheal phase).

Hope this helps, let me know if you've got any other questions! :)

Im sorry silas :hugs:
Lillian, keeping everything crossed for this cycle hun, ive tested since and they r dark just not positive, i had a positive on cd16 and 17 last cycle so hopefully will ov soon, though it might of been positive yesterday and I caught the last part of surge xxx

So my test from this morning now has a second line. It could be an evap, since it showed up after the time limit, but I've been peeing on sticks since 1dpo and NONE of those tests have even a remote hint of a second line.

Gonna test again in the morning and hope it's darker. I've attached the original and the tweak.

Attachments

• see.jpg
    see.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 20
  • tweak.jpg
    tweak.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 14
Sorry Brandi, I can't see a line but I am not good on those tests. good luck!!

Myheart, we are so close in days though- be nice to test together :hugs:

Oh brandi, that's exciting! Photos don't show it very well but it's exciting that it's there! Hopefully it won't be an evap, looking forward to seeing more tests tomorrow! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->