Crazy to buy stuff before I'm even pregnant?!

wildworld

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
I can't resist! DF and I (mostly me) have picked up the cutest, fluffiest little pair of bootees ever (neutral for boy or girl!), the cutest little dress...and a 15 pack 'starter' kit - 5 sleep suits, 5 bibs and 5 vests (neutral). Plus we're looking at prams! We know what we want, but won't get it until we're pregnant.

DF thinks if his sister (who has 3 kids) finds out that I've bought some little bits, she'll think I'm 'crazy', not that I care, I'm not here to please her. She knows we're ttc and the pram I want. I don't think buying little bits is crazy, it's just getting a little ready and gives us something to look forward to. And if it didn't happen, we can use them as little gifts for pregnant friends. What do you think? Is it crazy or do you do it?

:wacko:

I don't think it is crazy at all! In fact I have a few bits stashed away myself ;). I find it helps with the craziness of ttc sometimes.

I don't think you are crazy at all. I have a black onesie with lil punk on it and a baby record book...I have also been looking at nursey decorations.

I have some teddy's for the nursery and we've even bought a 4 bedroom house and left one room empty so its obvious to anyone who comes round I guess that its for a baby. Im not bothered what people think any more, if I see anything that I think is useful i'll buy it.

Personally I never did it in all the 2.5 years I was ttc. My oh would've thought I was crazy and tbh it would've felt weird for me to be buying something for a baby that didn't exist yet.
Infact I didn't buy anything untill I was 24 weeks pregnant. Everybody has different ideas on "the right time to buy". Whatever your comfortable with.

I don't think you're crazy nor crazy if you didn't. If you want to buy then that's up to you :) we didn't buy for A until I was 12/13 weeks and then pink after a 16 week gender scan but I wouldn't look down on someone who did! I was told I was crazy buying 1 big item a month from 12 weeks once I'd been paid! I don't know HOW people expect you to be able to afford everything in a few months! I didn't spend huge amounts but I'm rubbish at saving so it was easier to buy the item. You do what you gotta do :)

:flow:

Its not crazy but i never bought anything until i was pregnant as it would of made me worse wanting a baby so much x

You aren't crazy. I didn't do it the first time round.
But I will this time. I'm stocking up my amazon wish list already :dohh:
I want to buy a onesie for when I surprise OH with a positive pregnancy test.
X

Thanks for all your replies ladies! :) EmaLou I love that idea! xx

Buying stuff doesn't hurt.
I think it would be harder to get over a MC if anything was wrong but aslong as you don't go the whole way with pushchairs etc then you can stick it all in a bottom drawer for the future.

I certainly not letting it out me off, as soon as I get paid again I'm starting to stock up nappies and wipes. Haha not even preg yet ;-)

Might get DD to wear a big sister tshirt too and get her to take daddy the positive test and onsie :-D woo

Out of the blue one day DH said he wanted to get a jogging stroller. We go to yard sales on the weekends and he was looking at strollers and asking about features and stuff and eventually we picked one up.

This was *months* before we had "the talk" about finally deciding to TTC. We've been married for 8 years but neither of us was ready until about this year. When we had "the talk" about a month ago he was still hesitant and wanted to wait another year but I finally convinced him to start trying since I'm already 35.

I bought a cot bedding set when I was wtt for Lily but stopped there cos my dh was a bit annoyed I'd chosen it without his input! This time round I won't buy anything until I get pregnant or we move house cos I simply haven't got the space. Also we've decided this time we'll find out the gender so I'd wait to buy another other than nap pies/wipes etc until we know what we were having. Don't need much anyway this time around.

Pp, I have also looked at 'big sister' t shirts :)

I haven't bought anything but have received a few things in advance from a neighbor who was getting rid of stuff. I feel like it stares at me every time I get a bfn. I might store it elsewhere for awhile. It makes me a little depressed.

No I do it too but OH doesn't know! I've started buying small cloth nappies and I'm currently on the hunt for the perfect newborn sling :cloud9: won't buy anything else yet though I don't think. Only bought the nappies because they were too good a bargain to pass up! Slings I'm just obsessed with, and it will take a while to find the perfect one ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->