Crochet

MrsBop

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Just wondered if there's any other addicts out there?

I've not been crocheting very long but I love it, spent a fortune :blush: I've got loads of patterns to keep me busy, just wondered if anyone else loved doing it?

thought your thread looked loanly lol

i have just started trying to crochet. finding it hard at the moment as i cant get the hang of all the different stitches plus being a lefty doesnt seem to help either.

Am a knitter but considering doing crochet as it is faster and I like the patterns you can create, do you know any good websites for free patterns?

try https://www.ravelry.com/ that where i look.
im not getting very far with the crochet as im a lefty

Well I did it, I am now crocheting and surprise surprise I am left handed, had to go onto Youtube to learn the left handed crochet, surprisingly easy...looking forward to my first creation...

I enjoy crochet... Made a few baby items, blankets etc... Currently doing a pretty christening dress and a rug LOL Made a box last week as sommat too do... (DS has taken it for a small waste bin for his room...)

Just wondering how everyones getting on with crochet? I'm now doing this and knitting and love doing it, although my house is been overtaken with wool, patterns and unfinished projects lol!

Whats everyone making?

I love crocheting!!! I've been crocheting since I was 6 years old!!!

I was boring and made a scarf, am going to attempt a Granny square, Youtube is excellent for lessons. Am also going to make a beanie...

Hello, there! ^_^!

I have been crocheting since I was a small child. I mostly make little stuffed animals (amigurumi), but I have recently taken to making hats. My first was for my OH. I have some baby projects on-the-go, now. Cute hats, little blankets, a little outfit, and the like.

My collections of yarns and other necessities have become too much to tote around with me, like I used to. (I recently took up embroidery, and need to find myself a travel kit!). But, I always make sure to have a piece or two with me. Good for the arthiritis, y'know. ;).

I cannot for the life of me get my head around crocheting... I can knit, but the only projects I've been patient enough to finish were scarves for my mum and grandad for Christmas... I tried making booties, but they always went wrong somehow :shrug:

I really want to crochet, I generally know how, but it just never seems to work! :dohh::hissy::cry:

x

There are some great demos on Youtube which I have used to learn to crochet, I am a knitter too however I think Crochet is better, faster and more fun...x

I've tried a LOT of demo videos and I still just don't get it :shrug: Am I doomed to be crochetless? :( :lol:

xx

https://www.youtube.com/user/Bethintx1#p/u/197/hVBnFHGbeK4

this is the video i learned off, she does 5 lessons and by the end of them you'll know what youre doing :D

i love crocheting, i make all kinds of things, hats, blankets, cardigans, trousers, love it, so much easier than knitting, so much quicker, and so much easier to fix if you mess up :p x

thanks for the youtube tutorial link!

I just got hooked too (haha)

i made a little stuffed toy for my niece and now i just finished a headband and i'm on to trying a hat :)

it is sooo easy to crochet, once you can do a few stitches you can pretty much do them all since they are all basically the same stitch with different amount of of yarn wrapped round the hook x

i can just about do granny squares, i struggle as im a lefty

Here is a little owl hat that I made for my neice. It is all crocheted.

Attachments

• Makia birthday pictures 074.jpg
    Makia birthday pictures 074.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member