Crochet

Libra - that's amazing! Where is the pattern from?

I've just learnt to crochet, but get really confused because some videos I watched were American crochet and some were English - so I have to re-check what the stitches are all the time :dohh:

love the hat, i can just about manage granny squares lol

looks fab, ill have to see if i can manage anything else, will have to search internet for left handed patterns with walk throughs

oh, so you did, i had even clicked thanks on it lol

Libra - that's amazing! Where is the pattern from?

I've just learnt to crochet, but get really confused because some videos I watched were American crochet and some were English - so I have to re-check what the stitches are all the time :dohh:

I didn't use a pattern. I just started making a earflap hat and crocheted circles for the eyes and triangles for the ears and put it all together. :hugs::flower:

Wow that's really clever!

I definitely need a pattern to follow for crochet, knotting and sewing.

I just picked up a pattern to knit a cardigan for M, I'm very scared as the only thing I've knitted before is a scarf. I've also agreed to make some Santa hats for our baby group, but the pattern I've been sent looks really hard, so I'm on the look out for a simpler one :haha:

my mam crochets like that, just imagines how she wants it to look and starts, no pattern, just the picture in her head, id never get anything started if i didnth ave a pattern, i tend to change the pattern a bit but i do need a starting point lol x

I miss my crochet so much, haven't had a chance since LO arrived. Thankfully I managed to do a load of Xmas presents beforehand (mitts, hats etc). My sister and dad were showing off their new team coloured hats at football the other day :haha: I'm also a lefty but crochet right-handed x

i need a crochet hook lol or several , i am just knitting at the moment and made several christmas presents for friends this year

I just opened an online store doing crochet baby bibs and hats. I love crocheting. I would go insane without it. It is my stress reliever, it's like my yoga! Lol!

Lyn - I got a set of 8 (I think) crochet hooks for about £3 from singapore on eBay! Bargain if you're strapped for cash at the mo x

I love crocheting! My grandmother taught me to crochet hangers. You take a wire hanger and crochet around them. Your clothes don't slip off! They're really neat. You don't see them very often.
I've recently taken it up again and I've been going scarf crazy! I made a few baby blankets and I'm working on a bunch of cotton dish cloths and I also crochet "handles" on the top of tea towels that have a button so you can hang them in your kitchen. I'm hoping to make a lot over the course of the year and sell them at craft shows in the fall!

oooh tell me how to make them hanger things, they sounds reeeally good!! also handles for towels :) x

i just finished crocheting a little blanket (mostly dc) and thinking about making a border but don't know what or how lol
I used to chrochet as a kid but had forgotten most of it and am re-learning everything thanks to youtube :)

I've been crocheting since autumn. I tried to learn in winter 2009 but didn't get the hang of it, then last year an auntie saw me struggling on attempt no.2 and showed me how to hold it all properly and taught me the granny square and I've not stopped since!

Just found this part of the forum, I love crochet! Took it up when pregnant as a time killer, I'm not too great at it still but I love trying to fit it in.
Does anyone else get the 'Inside Crochet' magazine? Soooo many free patterns and ideas in there, I learnt a lot of new tricks about crocheting from it too! Love it!

Has anyone made anything recently? Let's all share pictures!!!

I'm making a blanket for Beadette's new baby so can't show that yet! Will share when she's got it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->