Crochet

Whatever size you want. It normally depends on the size of the wool so for 3ply baby wool use about a 3mm, for double knit wool use a 4 or 5mm, bigger for bulkier yarn and smaller for thinner yarn :)

iv sold a few crochet hats and blankets also just finished a beautiful grey an salmon puff stitch scarf now making one for my 2year old x

:hiya: new to crocheting......and hooked already. Done a couple of tutorials and have a couple of squares done lol. Noe I'm working on a headband!

I'm currently working on a crochet princess holly for my big girls bday next week. Whats everyone else making? :) x

https://mammymade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/crochet-3d-butterfly.html

My latest project :p So cute!

Attachments

• CIMG3130.jpg
    CIMG3130.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 3
im going to attempt some crochet kids mittens this week

I have just crochet a beauuuutiful beret for a baby :) and am about to start another x

I started crocheting a few months ago and love it!
Right now I'm working on a simple dress for DD.

I've started to crochet recently and I'm looking for a simple baby blanket pattern (free if poss) that anyone can recommend please as my first project. TIA

Do a granny square. It is easy peasy and looks so cute!

ETA: I didnt actually do a tutorial for this, but you can see a picture on my blog, they look so lovely and you can make them as colourful as you like!

https://mammymade.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/amys-blanket.html

I do like granny square blankets but I would like to try a simple blanket first to practice on with one stitch and one colour - a friend is having a baby soon so if its any good ill give it to her as a gift. We have a fab shop near me (you may know it living in Liverpool - it's black sheep in culcheth) so might pop in for some nice wool unless you can recommend - I have a 4mm and 5mm hook already if that helps.

Thanks

No I've never been there. I'm an abakhan girl :haha:

All you need to do then is chain however many you want for the width you would like, then add 1 more for single crochet, 2 more for double, keep working until you have the length you need. I can help you if you're not sure about stitches. Let me know x

Ooh yes abakhans - yes I've been there for fabric but not for crochet supplies might give it a whirl. You should try black sheep too - they have a new tea room where you can sit and crochet amongst cake!!

I'm really keen on this blanket but not sure about the wool 1) it's polyester which I'm not thrilled with and 2) it's US only

https://www.bernat.com/data/pattern/pdf/Bernat_Pipsqueak807_cr_blanket.en_US.pdf

Can you give me some alternatives that would work - I do like Debbie bliss but not sure if this would work?? Or sirdar perhaps??

Ooh I really like that blanket! Looks like it will make up quickly aswell which is a bonus. I wouldnt worry about the suggested wool. I never ever use the suggested wool. For clothes I stick to the ply (DK, 4ply, aran etc) but for blankets just find a wool that suits your hook size nicely. For 4 or 5mm I would go for DK or aran. Your blanket will also make up quicker the bigger hook size and thicker wool you use :)

Hi everyone!

This thread hasn't been updated in a while... anyone still doing crochet?

I started crochet a year and a half ago. Before that, I was knitting but then I learned to crochet because I hurt my thumb and I couldn't knit for a while. Ever since I learned crochet, I haven't knitted anything. :haha:

Right now, I am working on toy fruits and veggies for my little girl. So far I made:
- 2 peppers
- carrot
- lemon
- lime
- orange
- eggplant
- apple (needs to be fixed though)
and I am currently working on the mushroom. I also want to do a zucchini, pear, leek, radishes, tomato and banana. I even found a pattern for a potato, but that seems silly. Not sure if I'll do it. These things are really fast to make. Just yesterday, I made the orange, lemon, lime and most of the mushroom.
Then I need to make a basket for all those fruits and veggies. And it needs to be done before Christmas. :wacko:

I also made a doll, plus assorted parts for two more dolls.
I used to make clothes, but she outgrows them way too quickly. I spend more time making it than she spends wearing it. :haha:

Decided to crack crochet this weekend. I've been knitting for years but just haven't been able to get my head round crochet but I'm determined to do it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->