Csa-can they do this? :-(

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
Just had a letter off the csa regarding my eldest child.

The letter says due to a change of circumstances, it's going down...not what I wanted just before Xmas :growlmad:

He hasn't even sent dd a Xmas card or present or seen her in 7 months :growlmad:

Anyway, I called them to ask why, and it's because my exs girlfriend has a child and she lives with them. Is this allowed? I mean this child gets maintenance from her own dad. My exs just bought a £30k car and his girlfriend is from a multi millionaire family that run a well known chain of stores! They are loaded :dohh:

Can this be done? Doesn't seem right?

I don't know whether it's legit or not but I just wanted to say I'm fuming for you- that's awful! Your LO's dad should be ashamed of himself for not paying what he can afford.

Afraid so, my twat of a ex, has 4 kids ( 2 that are his gf's from prev relationship) and CSA take that into account! hardly get a thing for my daughter because of it

Eleanor ace-thanks, I'm pretty Annoyed!

Beauty within - wow, that's awful. Do these guys have no shame?

I've asked the csa to do a reassesment haven't done one since he started paying 6 years ago.

Hopefully he will end up paying more! Muppet!

:nope: unbelievable. What a knob! I didn't know that having someone else's children living him would make a difference...

:nope: he should be providing for his children before he goes providing for other peoples!

What really annoys me is he bought this girlfriend, sorry fiance of his a Tiffany engagement ring. She was waving it in my face until I said how nice it was then she tells me it "oh yeah it should be nice it's from Tiffanys and cost £12,000-like I care, she's welcome to my cast off ex ;-) but that much?!

So he can afford a £30k car, and £12k ring yet won't even buy a Xmas card or pressie for her and is trying to reduce maintenance

Yet I keep the heating off to save money lol

Argh

Ok, I'm going to have to stop thinking about this as I'm getting v annoyed....time to go and eat ice cream ladies :)
Thanks for all your replies x :flower:

Yeah it is how it works. Children in his household are taken into account. It's naff that he will pay the bare minimum if he can clearly afford more though x

Ive seen it happen on here a few times unfortunately! Hope the reassessment means he has to pay more. Keep us updated x

yep hope he ends up paying more hun. xxx

Oh wow so unfair, I have a friend whose amount got reduced because her ex had a baby with someone else (who he didn't stay with) doesn't seem fair that the mothers get less when nothing in their own situation has changed! I hope that he's shot himself in the foot, presumably he's told them he's moved in with her and her kid so should pay less but do they take into account household income? Because hopefully that'll mean he'll end up paying more!!

No, they don't take household/partners income into account, just his personal income. It used to be household but they changed it x

No, they don't take household/partners income into account, just his personal income. It used to be household but they changed it x

Oh shame :( I hope his income has improved in 6 years then!

I bet it will go up, when they do a reassessment, as if he is anything like my ex, he would of rang up straight away if he were earning less ( or his gf would of told him to ) i did this last year as it had been 5 yrs since it had been looked at , it went up by £60 a month soon as he found out he deliberately worked less hours for 3 months, and i now get paid less than ever for my daughter, i wouldn't mind so much about the money if he saw her but to him she don't exsist :( x hope it gets sorted for you soon x

Thanks everyone.

Still waiting for the csa to get back in touch with me about this reassesment.

Any ideas how long this should take? I kind of want him to hear before Xmas for karma reasons :haha:

Still no card, call or pressie for daughter off him. :growlmad:
So glad she doesn't care, would really upset me if it hurt her feelings. I know he's not going to bother

Grr had a nosey at his facebook page..he's poking fun at disabled people, gays and going on about his new car :growlmad: horrible...

Thanks everyone.

Still waiting for the csa to get back in touch with me about this reassesment.

Any ideas how long this should take? I kind of want him to hear before Xmas for karma reasons :haha:

Still no card, call or pressie for daughter off him. :growlmad:
So glad she doesn't care, would really upset me if it hurt her feelings. I know he's not going to bother

Grr had a nosey at his facebook page..he's poking fun at disabled people, gays and going on about his new car :growlmad: horrible...

:nope: sounds like your daughter is better off without his 'input' what a tosser

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->