• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Currently Reading??

Oh no, rjsmam!
One piece of advice I have been told about immersion incidents is to leave the device alone to dry for several days. Do not try to turn it on or the water will fry the circuitry for sure.
:hugs:
I hope it survived! :(

So my latest read was the 12th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris. I posted my review in my reading thread and on the discussion thread on this book. I'm not sure why I am surprised that this series just gets more and more disappointing.

Thanks Sarahka! I'm delighted to say it's working again!!! I put it in a pan of uncooked rice for 24hrs which apparently draws out moisture - it seemed to work but there was a false start where it wouldn't seem to charge - left it plugged into the mains for another night & hey presto it's working - it's ridiculous how upset i was lol....

xx

Yay!
Never heard of the rice trick - good one to know!

Clash of Kings :) Well, I'm kinda skipping around. I like reading the POV chapters of Sansa, Arya, Tyrion, and Daenerys.

The Help - thanks guys wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't been recommended in this thread. Really enjoying it

nothing......... cos in a pregnancy panic i managed to drop my kindle in the bath :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

trying desperately to save it but appears to be done for

x
oh no! I didn't use mine in the bath for the first year I had it because I was so scared to drop it, I do now but every time I imagine dropping it

Just started The boy who came back from heaven by Kevin Malarkey

In 2004, Kevin Malarkey and his six-year-old son, Alex, suffered an horrific car accident. The impact from the crash paralyzed Alex—and medically speaking, it was unlikely that he could survive. “I think Alex has gone to be with Jesus,” a friend told the stricken dad.

But two months later, Alex awoke from a coma with an incredible story to share. Of events at the accident scene and in the hospital while he was unconscious. Of the angels that took him through the gates of heaven itself. Of the unearthly music that sounded just terrible to a six-year-old. And, most amazing of all . . . Of meeting and talking to Jesus.

The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven is the true story of an ordinary boy’s most extraordinary journey. As you see heaven and earth through Alex’s eyes, you’ll come away with new insights on miracles, life beyond this world, and the power of a father’s love.

I'm reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. I thought it might be dull since it's an old book but it is such a page-turner, and a really good mystery.

Finished the second Game of Thrones book. I'm gonna get the next one at the library tomorrow :happydance:

Currently seen with my nose buried in Sibley's Birds of North America. Bird Nerd here! :blush:

ugh nothing. the library is closed for refurbishment, i have read all the books i own and cant afford to download anything new to my kindle.
i am sulking alot!

ugh nothing. the library is closed for refurbishment, i have read all the books i own and cant afford to download anything new to my kindle.
i am sulking alot!
I downloaded about thirty free ones of any genre just for something to read and have found some ok ones :)

Just finished The Hunger Games trilogy... a bit gutted they are done now, pondering my next read!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->