• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Currently Reading??

I'm reading "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo. It's interesting, not sure what to make of it yet.

Just read The Glass House by Jeannette Walls in one evening. I could not put it down.

Where can i buy this book? Have found couple of books with same title but wrong author :wacko: xx

The name of the title is wrong. It's The Glass Castle. I got mine at Barnes and Noble a couple years ago. It is a great memoir, still one of my favorites of all time. :thumsbup:

:blush: Sorry!

:haha:

Thanks ladies :flower: xx

I've just finished reading 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green. Its heartbreaking!

And now I'm reading Feast of Crows by George RR Martin. It's number 4 in the Game of Thrones series. Its fabulous!

Rereading Outlander.

I've missed this thread! Hope it sees more action!

Just about to crack open the fifth Flavia deLuce mystery: Speaking from Among the Bones by Alan Bradley. Also nabbed the next Mary Russel mystery by Laurie R. King, Garment of Shadows.

Thanks! These books came into my hands just when I have a tiny break in my absolutely nutty spring schedule. Time to ESCAPE!!!!!!! :haha:

I hear you. I'd like to escape tonight, but I'm feeling anxious and obsessive over a few things, and I just can't focus. Should try to just forget about it and read a little.

What's going on with you in addition to taking care of the boys? Work and/or school also?

Yeah, lots of work. Which is great, except that it feels like both jobs just keep exploding with more and more projects and I am always scrambling to keep a balance and not quite getting there.
But it is much much better than being bored and without work, so I won't complain too much! :)

I've missed the forum, and this thread! Hope you're all well.

I'm reading the Game of Thrones books - currently about 3/4 of the way through Book 2 and I LOVE them. Don't tell my husband, but.... he's been telling me for about 5 years now that I'd enjoy the books, and he's right! :rofl:

Me and the OH decided to try out a new "game" where we pick out a book for each other to read to try and pull each other out of our reading comfort zones. I will be honest It was my idea because I think he reads boring books haha. Anyways He gets to read A dangerous fortune - Ken Follett (A fave author of mine) and I am reading Jurassic bloody park !! :haha:

Oooh Game of Thrones. Read the first book. Haven't seen tonight's episode yet.

I'm about 3/4 through Outlander.

Me and the OH decided to try out a new "game" where we pick out a book for each other to read to try and pull each other out of our reading comfort zones. I will be honest It was my idea because I think he reads boring books haha. Anyways He gets to read A dangerous fortune - Ken Follett (A fave author of mine) and I am reading Jurassic bloody park !! :haha:

I am a self-confessed science nerd, but also a lit fan!, and I admit to really enjoying Jurassic Park! It was a good thriller and very decent sci-fi (although really it should have been called Cretaceous Park as most of the featured species were not in existence in the Jurassic. And I will head back to my nerd cave now.... )

Hiya ladies:hi: I'm currently reading the Murdoch mysteries books, they're quite good !!

Finished both Speaking from among the Bones by Alan Bradley and Garment of Shadows by Laurie R. King. Both just as fantastic as I had hoped. :thumbup:

I love reading threads like this. I have nothing new on the go at the moment so ive decided to go bback and re read the Stephen King books that inhad stored in my parents loft :)

I have so far read

Firestarter
Needful things
Thinner
Full dark no stars (short stories)
The Bachman books

And have nearly finished misery

Stephen King is great. Under the Dome is massive, but it's a good read.

I had forgotten how much I enjoy his books until I started reading. I dont think I have that one but I will keep a look out :)

It's going to be a mini series on CBS I think. I'm sure it won't be as good as the book. It was a surprisingly fast read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->