Currently Reading??

Right now I am re-reading To Kill A Mockingbird.

LOL, I read it back when I was in 9th grade, over 10 years ago, and I hated it. I decided to read it again bc my lil bro is starting 9th grade this year, and the book is part of the curriculum, so I thought it would be good to get him to a head start and read it with him. We barely read the first 6 chapters, and this time I am actually enjoying it, he on the other hand, hates it. lol

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, book 3 in the Outlander series.

Just read the entire Morganville series after my much younger cousin told me about them. I thought it woud be sort of barfy-Twilight stuff when she first described it, but it was kick-ass! Fun heroine/group of friends, lots of interesting character growth, nice mystery to work out in each one - I'd say a very decent series!

Also just finished readingr Farewell, Dorothy Parker by Ellen Meister - a very witty & litty tribute in chick lit form to one of my favourites: Dorothy Parker. Definitely worth a read - well-researched, well-written, and obviously a true fan in the author's chair.

Then I switched gears and grabbed The Pleasures of Men by Kate Williams. Creepy subject matter (serial killer in Victorian England), very interesting writing style. I really enjoyed it.

And (as per title of thread) I am currently reading the non-fiction The Cougar Almanac by Robert H. Busch for a project I am doing, and The Night Circus (second attempt - keen to get into it now that I have some fairly uninterrupted summer reading time!).

Drums of Autumn, book 4.

I have the file of the entire series on my Kindle, and it says I have 37% completed.

I really enjoyed the morganville books :) im reading the stand at the moment x x

I loved morganville series.

Currently reading "beautiful *******".its another "if u loved 50 shades..." book and tbh at the mo it's just,I hate him...I must have sex with him....I hate him,never again....maybe once more...no I hate him again....more sex lol but again I'm intrigued and love the male lead,I always do in these type of books for some reason xx

Reading "You Had Me At Hello" ~ total chick lit!

After getting well and truly obsessed with book one I am now reading book two "beautiful bitch" xx

Just started The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon (book 5 in the Outlander series).

Just read Divergent by Veronica Roth and Horns by Joe Hill. Both fun summer reads. I decided to try them after my mum sent me this list:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/books-to-read-before-they-hit-the-big-screen

And am currently reading The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling

The Great Gatsby. I watched the film and loved it so I started reading it, but I'm also reading Game of Thrones haha. I've nearly finished and will be on the next book soon. I'm right in Gatsby so I think I'll be done with it soon and get back to GoT. It's hard being before I've watched with GoT because I just know what's coming. Can't wait to get past it and then I'll fly through the books but because it's so close in detail there aren't many surprising bits which makes the book hard to pick up and read. I might just start from book 4 haha x

I am trying to get back into reading so picked up Creep to read from a suggestion on another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->