Currently Reading??

I've started reading Your Pregnancy Week by Week and have managed to read about m/c 4 times in a very short space of time :dohh:

Right now I'm reading Phantom by Terry Goodkind and listening too Storm Of Swords by George R. R. Martin.

I'm not long finished C.J.Sansom's 'Heartstone' - which was fab - love the Shardlake series and would recommend them to any historical fiction fans..

Currently reading 'The Pillars of the Earth' by Ken Follet - loving it also and losing sleep over it!

x

I finished "The Help" last night. It had me rolling with laughter at times, literally crying with sadness at others because although it is fiction, we all know that the things in that book happened and it makes me so sad to think that the colour of someones skin could make such a massive difference to their life back then.

I finished "The Help" last night. It had me rolling with laughter at times, literally crying with sadness at others because although it is fiction, we all know that the things in that book happened and it makes me so sad to think that the colour of someones skin could make such a massive difference to their life back then.

I've just finished this too - the sad thing is I worked on a girl scout camp in Mississippi about 15 years ago with a friend who is black - we asked where we could go for a night out & the other girls couldn't think of anywhere where we would both be welcome! I also stayed with a couple of families who only lived a couple of miles apart, the white family lived in a mansion and the balck family lived in little more than a shack - there was a frog in the bathroom.

I'm now reading At Home by Bill Bryson - really interesting

I've just finished this too - the sad thing is I worked on a girl scout camp in Mississippi about 15 years ago with a friend who is black - we asked where we could go for a night out & the other girls couldn't think of anywhere where we would both be welcome! I also stayed with a couple of families who only lived a couple of miles apart, the white family lived in a mansion and the balck family lived in little more than a shack - there was a frog in the bathroom.

I just don't understand it :( how can people treat someone else with such a massive amount of hate and disrespect when they don't even know them? It just broke my heart to read parts of it. :(

I started room by Emma donoghue earlier. Good so far! 36% through.

I just read that recently myself too :). I absolutely loved it!

Now I'm reading Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen. It takes place in the 1920's, and follows 3 young girls around on their adventures basically.

Early Disorder by Rebecca Josephs (re-reading)
Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships by Temple Grandin and Sean Barron

Yesterday I started (and finished lol) Room. I enjoyed it to an extent but found it a bit.. I don't know, challenging.

I've just downloaded some science fiction to keep me busy :lol:

I have been busy the last week trying to get an assignment in, but i have been slowly reading my way through

Cathy glass - the night the angels came :) not far enough in to have formed an opinion tho :) x

I need to get back into my Kindle but just not having the time at the minute but just downloaded Lee Child The Affair to get on with :thumbup:

I am reading the Mill River Recluse at the minute, forgot the author

I'm currently reading The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, it's pretty good so far. It reminds me of the Hunger Games in a vague way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->