Currently Reading??

well i LOVED The Pillars of the Earth - thoroughly recommend it!

i ordered the sequel so have dived straight into that - The World without End - it's another lengthy novel but am interested in the Hunger GAmes after that....

im reading a midwifes confession , i cant put it down , loveeeee it !!!

has anyone read any lesley pearse books , shes a great author

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa Yee.
So good that I read it all in one go and am rather tired this morning! :)

im reading a midwifes confession , i cant put it down , loveeeee it !!!

has anyone read any lesley pearse books , shes a great author

I've read quite a few of Lesley Pearse - I find once I start reading I can't put them down. I got quite a few if her books from charity shops. Think my favourites have been - never look back - remember me - a lesser evil

Currently reading Charity which is one of her earlier books

Also reading a book about our haunted local area but it's abit dissapointing

I've just finished 'Afterwards' by Rosamund Lupton ... yesterday I finished 'Sister' by the same author :blush:

As you can probably tell from the time span I read them both in, they were absolutely un-put-downable (it helps that work was quiet and my boss doesn't mind me reading :haha: ) ... but I highly recommend both :thumbup::thumbup:

I'm always finished with pillars of the earth. No idea what to read next though!

Just read a great kid's novel: Wildwood by Colin Meloy. Gorgeous.

I'm always finished with pillars of the earth. No idea what to read next though!

World Without End is fabulous .... and the first of his new Trilogy (Fall of Giants) is amazing - the only irritating bit being that only the first book has been published so far so it's a long wait to read the next installment :growlmad:

World Without End is fabulous .... and the first of his new Trilogy (Fall of Giants) is amazing - the only irritating bit being that only the first book has been published so far so it's a long wait to read the next installment :growlmad:

i agree - am half way through The World Without End - it's fantastic

thanks for the tip on the next book too - i didn't realise he had another out!

i agree - am half way through The World Without End - it's fantastic

thanks for the tip on the next book too - i didn't realise he had another out!

I've just read an online bibliography, dowloaded it to my kindle,and am about to read it lol! Sounds so good!

I'm still working my way through my xmas books, so I've just finished John Grisham's The Associate (which was as good as his early books) and am about to start on his 'The Broker' :happydance:

Just had a second xmas at the library today! :haha:
All these books I've been waiting for were in! Can't decide which to read first!
Contenders are:
A Dance with Dragons - George RR Martin
Pirate King - Laurie R. King
I am Half-Sick of Shadows - Alan Bradley
or
The Apothecary - Maile Meloy

And there are many more in my library bag to consider! :happydance:

Even better? One baby is napping, the other is having quiet time on the couch. I might actually get to make a cup of tea and read a chapter! :)

Just finished the hunger games trilogy - really enjoyed those. Before that I read the beautiful creatures trilogy, enjoyed those too.

Now moving onto something new, not sure what yet.

I'm currently reading the new Christopher Paolini book Inheritance that I got for christmas :D

Just read 666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pearce. Pretty dumb. Very formulaic and predictable. I thought it might have some potential as a genre-crosser, but it just combined the usual cliches from both genres into a very predictable piece of crap. Don't bother. Kind of wish that I had tossed it aside a few chapters in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->