• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cutting cord yourself?

MissRhead

Reaction score
Has anyone cut the cord their self or planning to? Last time LOs dad cut it but this time I'm going it alone, I'd really like to do it myself but I'm a little worried as blood makes me queasy and I don't remember much from afterwards last time. Any experience? :flower:

I think it's a very personal thing but there is no way I would do it!!!! But them I'm not great with things like that. Think of it this way, if you think you might want to do it then do it as you may not get the chance again in your life time, If you don't have any more kids. That way, whether you enjoy it or not, you'll have the story to tell and no regrets. Like they say, it's better to regret the things you did rather than the things you didn't do.

Thank you. The thought of it makes me feel really sick but like you say I may never get the opportunity again. Just hope ill be with it more this time because I don't think last time I would have been in any fit state to have scissors near LO lol x

DH cut it with both boys, our second I saw him do, it really wasn't anything gross, I don't remember there being blood or anything it was just like cutting rubber, maybe because we waited for it to stop pulsating?

I know of someone who did their own cord. What worries me is I'd really want to do it and then just not be in the right frame of mind at the time and not doing it...then end up regretting it.

When I had my son my oh wasn't there and if I'd been honest with myself I knew that he wasn't going to be and it is something I wish I'd done. The midwife made a big fuss about seeing if my mum or sisters who were there wanted to do it but I so easily could have done it myself. If you think you want to do it I would go for it, I've never heard of somebody else regretting it so I'm sure you won't

I did my own, no biggie TBH. OH didn't want to (a little squeamish about it) and I said rather than a midwife I would rather do it myself. It was 'nothing' in all honestly. It's a snip and then you simply get on with cuddling your newborn. I'm pleased that I did it. x

I don't think it's really gross the cord is clamped both sides no there not much blood or anything to be seen :) if you're doing it along that's kind of a away you get to reward yourself I think :) I like DH do it as he's just sat there helpless and watch me give birth it's his way of contributing to his newbie :) but if I had to do it alone I'd deff want to cut it :)

This is my first pregnancy, so I've never cut had a cord cut at all. If you're unsure, you can always ask the doctors to give you the option - that way you can decide in your hormonal, "I just pushed out a baby, I'm awesome!" state whether or not you'll be okay with it :)

I cut freya's it's not that weird tbh and i really love that i did it. OH didn't want to (freaked out) and the midwife just randomly asked me. It's so lovely to know that i was the one that separated us :) x

Thanks all, my mum will hopefully be my birthing partner so if I can't she will, I hope I can but I guess it's just one of those things ill have to see how I feel at the time :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->