Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

I went to look around the birthing centre today and love it!! Hopefully I'll find out if I can go for definate in the next 24-48 hours when they've checked my notes. The rooms are lovely, visiting times aren't strict and they pamper you with aromatherapy if you want it, before and after birth! Partners are encouraged to be involved and I'll get my water birth! :) just a bit worried in case anything goes wrong :-/ have discussed it with Rob and he says it's my decision, what do you girls think? Midwife referred me to the birth centre this morning after my antenatal.
Been having awful backache all day, it's horrible.
Rach, that's lovely of your mum!! Glad your antenatal went well :) we've got a Moses basket, and a cot for when Ollie's a bit bigger.. Didn't see the need for all 3 as we wouldn't get use out of them!! X

kanga super touched that you added the 'go groovy' to the thread name.

YAAAAAAAY!

thalia is soooo lovely Lucy!! BF'ing obviously working out for her (8 oz's :thumbup:)

yaaay for being almost being there Em and Jo! Happy last day of work jo!

has Ollie been born yet?

Lou, once you've given birth you can be the last one laughing at silly girls
'cus you'll have a nice flat belly!!

thank you so much everyone! :flower:

I am about 18 DPO and there was absolutely no strategy this month. I had put everything away after Christmas (thermometer, pre seed , OK's, HPT's and all my fertility books) and was going to a great therapist to get some help letting go. I was told I had 2 completely blocked tubes (after lap.surgery and HSG late last year) and because my AMH was so low my RE told me that my best chance would be IVF with donor eggs. DH and I weren't going to go down that route. Anyhoo...surprise, surprise :happydance:

Feeling kinda poo but the joy outweighs the insomnia, the nausea, and very sore boobs (nasty mood swings too, poor DH :wacko:)

I panic waiting for viability scan at 7 weeks (2 1/2 weeks to go) hoping my wee zygote not in tubes. Saw my dr. today and she's said we'd know if it was there well before that! so now I pray and cross my fingers!!

your babies and end stage pregnancies give me hope ladies! :hugs:

Lovely story and what a great ending given you were told ivf woulod be your best chance. Will you get regular scans in 1st tri? I went for one just over 5 weeks and in hindsight it didn't tell me much at all! I think 7 is the perfect time although it is a killer waiting for it.

Sounds like you have some lovely strong symptoms. With this pg mine were stronger from the start (and just felt 'different' to other pg), so hopefully it will point to good luck for you too

Sending lots of sticky dust your way!! xxxxxxx

Em, sounds like a lovely place to give birth. Esp with the oils, the water and the relaxed atmosphere. Is it far from the hospital in case you need a transfer? I think cos its not your first and this pg has been non-complex, I would go for it. I will definitely consider for my second but this time round am too scared as I have heard first baby's can take ages and Ralph wants the security of doctors jic x

Hope your back eases up soon. Maybe a back massage from dh tonight ?!

My guess is that h has had Oli by emergency c section and is recovering in hospital/home and will log on and fill us all in soon!

Woo hoo Groovy, thats lovely to know there's someone to follow through their journey just when all ours are nearly at the end!

Rach, I have a bed nest and I love it. I lasts until 6 mths then we'll put him in cot/cotbed. Its great for breast feeding and means I can just reach out in the middle of the night and hold his hand if i want or if he is being a bit grizzly. Check them out. i also have a moses basket downstairs in the living room for his day time naps when I'm at home so I don't have to take him up and down the stairs.

Em I think the birth centre looks good esp if your MW gave the go ahead and its what you want. I like the thought of being in a hospital though but thats just me.

Well done Thalia Wadie, looks like she's making up for those early days. I bet she's changing so much as she puts on weight. Thomas is becoming a little fatty.

Hope Helen doesn't have to stay in too long and wee Oillie is doing grand. I'm really looking forward to hearing her birth story. xx

Last night I tried the new Lilypadz breast pads for a change so I didnt have to wear a bra to bed. What a disaster, there was milk everywhere come the morning. the mattress and duvet were drenched. I guess they are no good if you're still over producing so its back to regular ones for me. I think Simon was horrified! You have to laugh though. Its just one more bodily fluid!!

Jo forgot to stay enjoy your last day at work and hope the US goes well x

Oh dear Toni!!! Sounds funny!!! I know, I'm slightly nervous tbh but I think it's what I want. I said to rob I'll see how I'm feeling on the day, I'm not committed to anywhere which is good, transfer time is about 6 mins max so not too bad. Still, it's 6 minutes isn't it.... Going to talk to oh tonight when he's home from work.
Groovy, what a lovely story!! Can't wait to follow your pregnancy! And Toni, love the sound of the bed nest! Will have to google I think!! X

Just googled the bed nest. They look brilliant. Will almost definitely get one and use the moses for downstairs naps, sounds perfect. Possibly a silly q, but will baby stay in the bed nest or possibly roll over/wriggle onto the bed?

https://www.bednest.com/

I've been having tightenings/pains for the past nearly 2 hours... Haven't been timing them but I'm very aware of them happening :-/ it's annoying not knowing if they're braxton hicks or the start of something. I've never had braxton hicks with either of my other pregnancies before so I can't compare. X

Hi Rach.

Thomas can be quite wrigley but hasn't ever moved out of it. I sometimes put the side up if I'm out of the room just to be on the safe side.

I suppose the benefit is that you can decide to have it up or down as they get older and start rolling. I never read any reviews before I got it so don't know if thats an issue later on.

Its a bit more versatile than some of the other "bed sharing cots" and definately easier in the middle of the night than a moses basket. I find it really useful just leaning over in the middle of the night to breast feed and don't need to get out of bed. I've got very lazy at 4am.

Hope its the start of something Em. Never had BH so have no idea what they feel like. x

Em - no idea what BH are like - maybe its the real thing!! Good Luck if it is. Keep us posted!!!

Rach - we have a moses basket for downstairs naps and a crib similar to bed nest for upstairs - it attaches to the bed and you have the side down which is next to the bed so you can reach out to LO whenever you want during the night. I love feeling her so close.

Mrs G - wow I've haven't had leaking boobs for a while now!! They seem to know how much I need for madam, she's got into habit of eating on the hour every hour between 8pm and 2am!! maybe her growing time but very tiring. Gorgeous pic of Thomas!!

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick note to say that Ollie was born on Tuesday 25th January at 10:37 weighing 9lbs 7oz!! After a very pro-longed slow labour, lasting four days with only gas and air!!!
It's obviously a very long story so i'll pop back later to fill you all in properly, as we're just getting our bearings at the moment.

lots of love hx

:happydance: congratulations Helen! And welcome Ollie!

Wow 4 days with g&a, you absolute star! Enjoy every moment xxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations Helen! Xxxx glad to hear you and ollie are well. Looking forward to birth story x

will catch up proper with everyone when home from work xxx

Congratulations Helen!!!! Welcome to the world little Ollie!! Looking forward to the birth story, hope you're both ok xxx

Think I had horrible braxton hicks last night, they were so strange, coming every 10 mins for about 3 hours then just stopped! Oh didn't get any sleep for worrying bless him, he was up at 4:30am for work as well!! X

The bh are really getting you now Emm I wonder if its a sign that you might be a Mummy again very soon x

I hope so Rach, birthing centre rang today, checked my notes and I'm fine to go there! :) x

Quickly popping by with a photo :)

Will gather energy to get birth story done and catch up properly!!

Hope everyone is ok

hx

Attachments

• 100_0670.jpg
    100_0670.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 4
He's beautiful Helen. Absolutely beautiful.Huge Congratulations to you and OH. Well done!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->