Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Hi ladies,

M2A glad to hear your doing well. I'm not sure what i'd do without internet too! spend most of my time surfing baby bits now!

Em sounds promising that something might be starting for you. Can't believe you only have 7 days left now!

Jo sounds like your getting nice and ready now and enjoying your mat leave. The size of clothes really shock me, surely nothing can be that small! x

Rachel i'd def spoil yourself on some clothes. Think most people start expanding around your time. Found it really nice getting few new tops. Would reconmend maternity leggings, i live in them!!

AFM V day today. all went well at the midwife, HB fine and bump measured fine for my date. Added my V day bump to my journel is anyone is interested. Pre term scan tomorrow morning, then i'm done till 30 weeks! seems a big gap to me!! Anetenatal classes start on 7th March for 4 weeks. Keep searching ebay for cheap icandy bits to add to my pram and my arms reach. Noticed on my notes that the temporary midwife i had seen before had put home birth as my plan, don't remember seeing that! Midwife said at 30 weeks we can discuss what i'd need to do for home birth, and just thought oh ok, then realised later she said it as it was on my notes!

Did you want a homebirth Lou? Good luck with the scan tomorrow!! I agree with Jo... We got some of Devon's old vests and babygrows out yesterday to wash, and they're soooo tiny!! I'm sure he was never that small!! X

I'm undecided really, want a water birth really. She said discuss at next appointment. Would love a midwife lead unit like yours really, but nearest is 45 minutes away!

:-( that's quite far isn't it. Does your hospital have a birthing pool? I loved Devon's water birth! Really hope you can have one if it's what you want!! Your bump is looking good by the way!!! Just seen it on Facebook!! X

Thanks! Bit deceptive as it's the evening, doesn't stick out as much in morning.

Yeah they have birthing pools at my local hospital, but she mentioned bout hiring a pool for home. It's a long drive with contractions! So think I've got home or hospital.

Any more signs em?

Emma - I am due on the 28th Feb its weird to be finally in the EDD month. Both your births have been pretty fast. Mine would have been about 10 hours if he had come out naturally but I pushed for longer then they confirmed he was stuck. Have you lost more of your plug.

Lou - saw your pic on FB too it looked fab. Happy V day I was so very pleased to see that. It's quite the mile stone to reach isn't it.

Just spent more time sorting stuff out. I need to have another check around the garage as I can't seem to find much 0-3 month stuff, and it also includes lots of gro bags. In bed now and its lovely.... walked around the mall for awhile sorted lots of clothes into boxes and actually labelled them for clothes sizes and put them back in the garage and was feeling like I had done a bit too much so now relaxing which is very nice.

Happy v day Lou, your bump is coming on too :happydance: Must be such a relief to get to v day x Will I get a pre-term scan too and one at 30 weeks? I wasn't aware of those

Goddess, its your due month, how exciting. Are you feeling all prepared. Going through all your baby clothes much be so much funa dn bring back all the memories x

Em, anything yet?

M2A, great to hear from you, check in with us soon xxx

afm, went shopping yesterday and to my surprise bought two maternity dresses! I love them! I look really pg in them, everyone is commenting now, I quite like it ;) Also treated myself to some new boots which are gorgeous and had £40 off too, not a bad evening in the shopping centre really!

I also went to M&P but for some reason I cant bring myself to buy anything. I think I have picked the bedding and some decorations for the babys room. But just saying 'babys room' sounds weird. I dont want to re-decorate, its all too much!

Jo, you're due on Jessica's birthday! I won't forget your due date!! X
Rach, nothing really, lots of backache, a few cramps, and (sorry, tmi) diahorrea today.
Got a really bad cold, feel rubbish ATM, just feel like sleeping but there's so much to do!
Lou, Devon's not really liking nursery, he's getting better now though, not crying when I leave him so that's good!!
Rach, your dresses sound lovely! And your boots were a good bargain too! X

Jo sounds like your getting all very organised at home. You def deserve the rest! Did you get anything at the mall?

Em all sounds promising, hopeforly it will start soon for you. How many hours does Devon have to do at nursery each week?

Rach I think the pre term scan is just my hospital and a London one. Its a pilot scheme. We were told about it at our 20 week scan, so if your hospital offer it they should tell you then. Your dresses sound lovely! where did you get them from?

Scan went well, birth canal was 32mm so low risk, and blood flow good to baby so low risk for pre-ecampcier (sorry that is some terrible spelling!). No more scans for me now, so hopeforly can just relax and enjoy the last 16 weeks!

Rach - not feeling too prepared just yet, i have a lot to do. I need to finish sorting out the baby items tomorrow, and then I should start thinking about getting a hospital bag ready. Have the midwife tomorrow and I am sure she will ask me if I have done that. Your right about sorting out the clothes there are such nice things most of it gifts and I was totally remembering having Euan in them.... bit sad though the small phase ends so quickly. Your shopping trip did indeed sound very successful well done.

Emma - sounds like lots of promising signs there. Hope your doing ok. I hope you don't go into labour while you have the cold that would be a nightmare.

Lou - nah never got anything actually just remembered bought some breast pads... exciting stuff I know... So glad to hear about your scans it sounds like a pretty good study that they are doing at your hospital. Its nice to get to see the little one so often.

Nothing much to comment on today... feeling fine. Have backache thats about it really.

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...ittle-ollie-buns-birth-story.html#post8996295

Hey Ladies

Finally got my birth story typed up - here's a link - will catch up with everything - been a bit out of it!!!

Hope everyone is well
hx

Just read your birth story Helen its so fab, well done. Have left longer comments on that post but you did so well and it was great to hear all the details.

Was at the midwife today, everything was fine. My midwifes have me a bit scared that I am going to give birth in the car or parking lot of the hospital since everything happened quite fast first time around. They have given me instructions to call them and go to the hospital when contractions are 7 minutes apart lasting for 1 minute and that it has been happening for an hour. The hospital is 25 minutes to an hour away depending on the time of day or longer than that so they want me there early ish incase labour progresses quickly which they tell me they anticipate it will. I hope it does... I am preparing for short delivery and birth... they tell me that baby should be out with a few pushes too which would be ace but am not convinced about that. Anyway everything is fine, HB fine, baby measuring at just over 36 weeks. The only bad thing was had 4+ glucose in wee which is the maximum... however I had eaten cornflakes with a tonne of sugar and toast and jam for breakfast before leaving the house about 45 minutes before so was not really surprised, better be more carefull next week. Weird now having weekly appointments. Did my GBS swab today so hoping that comes back negative, do you do that in the UK?

have updated my birth story with pics :)

hx

Hi Everyone, hope your all having a good weekend. xx

Jo glad everything went well at the midwife, hopeforly the gloucose was just a sugarry breakie! Hope your enjoying your mat leave!

Em really not long now till your due date. Hope ollie comes for you soon xx

Helen just read your birth story, he is adorable, well done xx

AFM had a horrible week at work, just can't wait to finish there now. Can't really go into it on here, but it's really upset me whats gone on and got me doubting whether to even be a teacher anymore. I'm just now planning to try and get anouther job while on mat leave so i don't have to go back whether it's teaching or something else. DH cleaned and tidyed the house for me today, which was really sweet. Just trying to concentrate on the baby now - going to go to babies r us and mothercare tomorrow i think!

Hope everyone is well xx

Sorry to hear your having a tough time at work Lou... hope you manage to get something else and you don't have long to go. Can you start your mat leave earlier to get out earlier. Enjoy babies are us and mothercare.

Emma hope something happens for you soon, I swear it was sex that did it for me, give it a go and see. TMI sorry..!

Starting to nest, today I cleaned out all the kitchen cupboards and everything is now neatly away and did the same with the drawers in the kitchen too. I am going to do the fridge tomorrow and finish the kitchen, don't have much stamina so doing it in stages.

:hugs: Lou - sorry your last days before mat leave have been ruined - Hope you have a happy shopping trip :flower:

Happy nesting Jo :)

Hope you're good Em - nearly there!!

AFM - Ollie still as cute as ever, stitches on the heal - need to work on the pelvic floor!! Ollie was weighed on Friday - he has put on 2 1/2 oz and is now 9 lb 9 1/2 oz!!! He is doing well in the nights - gets up every 3-4 hours - but yesterday and today he only wants to be held - not put down and has intermitently had bouts of wind

hx

Hi! Helen, glad you're both doing well!!! Have commented on your birth story! Love the pics! X
Lou, sorry you're having trouble at work, not long till mat leave now x
Jo, make sure you have your bag packed, sounds like you will have a fast labour!! X
Afm, 2 days left...due date is Tuesday, had tummy ache and backache all day, and Ollie's moving lots!! Tried hot curry, birthing ball, sex (sorry) but nothing :-( I'm sure he'll come when he's ready!! X

H, lovely to hear about Ollie! Well done with the feeding. Very cute that he wanted a cuddle day! x

Goddess, have fun nesting! I'm looking forward to those days. Can't believe you are 36+ weeks now. Where has all the time gone!

Em, eek, not long! I'm v excited for you and your Ollie x

Lou, sorry work is being a pain :( Not long to go, I guess thats one thing. My work is also being a pain. I have had loads of work taken off me as they dont want to over work me (thanks!) but I am conscious my career is at a stand still atm.

Sorry this is a bit of a selfish post, but I keep thinking the baby has died. I am really worried, I have a horrible feeling. I can't bear the thought of the baby dying, or going to a scan and having to have bad news again. I was really upset last night, do you think that could cause harm, esp as my bp would haev rocketed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->