Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

woohoo lots to catch up on and lots of good news.

Groovy - so pleased to hear your news after what you had been told about needing IVF, thats fantastic. I am sure this time it will all go differently and you will be just fine.

Helen - YAY. CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of Ollie, he is gorgeous. What a time you had 4 days of labour don't know how you did, you must be absolutely exhausted. Big boy too.... hope your lady parts are ok. Looking forward to reading all about it. It takes a lot of energy right now to get it all down just pop in when you can. We are all really pleased to hear from you. Your a star.

Emma - the birthing centre sounds fantastic. I would totally go for it. 6 minutes is nothing for a transfer, everything will be just fine. Hope your doing ok. These BH are a bit of a nightmare aren't they. Every time I have them now too I think is this it... and it takes a good few hours to think ok its not.

SO I am now officially on leave, its fantastic although a bit odd at the same time. I know I have lots in the coming weeks to keep me busy and it will be nice seeing DH in the day times too. I am planning on going to the cinema a few times too alone to see a bunch of stuff before the baby arrives. Had a lovely day at work had a little party, and got some nice gifts and a gift card with quite a bit on it for babies are us. My favourite pressie was a picture frame from a friend for the 2 kids and it has on it me and my big brother, its so cute!

Had the scan and baby is not breech which is great, the technician told me everything looked good in terms of measurements and stuff, she mentioned he/she has lots of hair and I asked her the weight of the baby.... then I said maybe I don't want to know. She told me then that baby is not small but equally not huge. It turns out it is currently about 6lb8oz and she said that is on the 75% percentile and if the growth continues then baby should roughly be 8lb8oz ish! Its amazing that they can tell you this. What was also amazing was having a scan this late. I could see baby moving on the screen as I was feeling it at the same time, and there really is very little room in there.

He's beautiful Helen, massive congratulations xxxxx

What pushchair has everyone gone for? Are any particular makes fashionable atm (I'm not keen on icandy) ?

He's is so adorable Helen! Xxxxx

rachel I'm off to order my pram today, I'm going to decide between a quinny and a I candy, I quite like both. I'm also hoping to get an arms reach from eBay to use by the bed, but it also coverts to a travel cot and play pen.

Woohoo jo to mat leave starting! Hope you have fun with your boys over the next few days. Good news on the scan xx

em birthing centre sounds lovely. How are the bh today?

Yay for maternity leave Jo!! And I'm so glad baby's not breech!! :) braxton hicks are a nightmare, but had none yesterday, just a few period type cramps!! I know what you mean about not being sure about if it's labour or not,spent ages trying to decide... All the websites say bh have no pattern and you have maybe 1 or 2 an hour and they don't get stronger... Mine did!! And I had 7-8 in a hour so I wasn't sure at all, specially with never having them before! X
Which iCandy are you looking at Lou? We've got the mamas and papas Sola in grass, and I love it!!! Have you got any ideas on prams Rach? Xx

I want to like the P&T but for some reason i think its too chunky. The only one i like it the Bee on account its small, lightweight, not over engineered. SO I feel I dont have any options and I just have to get that one. I wondered if there were any other makes out there or coming out soon. But it seems not. I dont want a Quinny or icandy x

My baby Boo Boo is poorly today :( (cat not actual baby!)

Well done Helen, the first days are a bit of a blur so soak up every minute of him. Hope he's feeding ok too xx

Jo enjoy yor mat leave and do all the things that will have to go on hold until baby is older.

I've got the buguboo cameleon in blue. The underseat bag isnt great with the carrycot but works a lot better with the seat. I didnt have a pram before he popped so didnt really look at aby others, just when into john lewis and bought it because it was the most familiar

rachel do you have an idea what you want to use it for? Do you need a travel system or just a pram, key features etc? What i ended up doing was working out what i wanted then googling pram reviews then just reading through them till i found a few i liked then tryed in the shops.

We are going to the pram shop tomorrow morning now - very excited.

Em I'm not sure between the icandy apple (very heavy but with a dog and a horse it's very sterdy and designed for 'off road') or going for the lighter icandy peach. I was very keen on a 3 wheeler due to off road needs, but would like a travel system option. Going to have another push around tomorrow with DH as he hasn't been yet. It must so hard em working out whether it's something happening for BH.

Hows little Thomas doing toni? x

I have a Phil and Teds that I bought this time around... as I needed a double stroller and I tried all the ones available with Euan in it plus weights of 20lb in a seat too and it seemed to be the most manouverable as I don't drive. Its a hard decision to make.

I have a bugaboo bee - black with bright pink hood for my girlie. I love it, it folds easy, is small and light and really goo din shops as so small. I would have got chameloen but then decided didn't need the pram bit for when a baby as have moses basket and crib at home so the bee was fine. I'm really happy with it.

ooh monkeys screaming. Feeding time at the zoo!!

I love the bright pink hood Lucy, probably not the best for my little boy! Its on the demo one in our pram centre, love it.

Lou, my only 'wants' are that it holds baby and has wheels. I am not sure what a travel system is, assume its the one where the car seat detaches and goes into the car? Looks like it will end up being the Bee!

Rach - its hard I know as there are so many choices out there. Your right the travel system is the one that will come with the car seat, and is detachable. We had this with Euan and it was pretty good. We are using the same car seat this time around and have a adaptor for the P&T.

Hi all,

It really is so hard to choose isn't it rachel! Went to the shop today, and got distracted by a silvercross on sale which was so light and lovely but so impractical for our needs, and also had deal on an icandy cherry with everything in. But ended up with the peach as needed to think practical with a dog as it has non puncture wheels. Think if i would have brought differently if i didn't need the stronger wheels. Yeah travel system is as Jo said, you can attach car seat to the pram.

Anyway came away really happy today, it's all on order and got the car seat and adapters thrown in too. Also got a rocking moses basket stand. They will keep our order in their warehouse till we need it - so thats great. Was there almost 2 hours!! Was so hard making the right choice - and i'm very indecisive which didn't help.

How's everyones weekend going? x

Lucy your pram sounds lovely!

There's so many prams out there to choose from, we've been sorting our baby things out today....totally went overboard with clothes! I'm losing bits of my plug too, I know it can still be weeks away but it's a sign at least!! Been drinking RLT but decided it's maybe not such a good idea, looking through previous birth notes my second stages have been less than 40 mins... So I don't want baby Ollie shooting out like a rocket!! Still having 1-2 cups a day though, not 4-6! X

So many to choose from, hopefully we'll see them all at the baby show and make a final decision.

Exciting that you're losing your plug Em, is that one of the first signs?

Lou, you must be v excited buying all that stuff!

afm, belly is expanding at alarming rate. Need to do some serious clothes shopping this week I think (already!?). Working from home today, I just can't face going in. I suspect I will do no work today which is quite bad really. Might take it as holiday. Hope no-one misses me at the office ;)

p.s. did anyone see Livi in The Times on Saturday? I forgot to buy it :(

No I didn't see her either :-( it can be a sign, with Jessica I don't remember when my plug came away, but with Devon my plug came away on the Tuesday, waters broke on the Wednesday and he was born on the Thursday! So I guess it could be a sign... I'm hoping so, 8 days till my due date!! Devon was 9 days early so I'm hoping Oliver might follow his brother!!
Rach, you should rest! I was big at 18 weeks, I just seem to pop out when I'm pregnant! Enjoy your rest day!! X

Oh congrats helen on the birth of ollie :flower:

Hope all you ladies are keeping ok, unless im at mum i dont get on here anymore, so just popping into to let you know im still thinking of you all :)

Im keeping alot better now, went and ordered pram and car seat yesterday, we've went for the mamas and papas sola in grass, with black car seat, also got moses basket and high chair as well, got our cot built up, things are defo coming together now.

take care girls :flower:x

Just googled I Candy prams, you don't get them over here... they look very nice. Good options for more than one child too. I also saw a pram that is a mothercare one forget the name that you can swivel the child about to face different directions looks good too.

Lou - exciting to get it and great that the store will keep it all in the warehouse for you, well done.

Emma - hope losing bits of your plug is a sign that Ollie is on his way. I would probably hold off the RLT too hearing about your second stage. How long were your first and second births. My first was 12 hours from start to finish and that also involved going to theatre so pretty quick really, am hoping its about the same or quicker although not super fast that I don't make it to the hospital.

M2A - So glad everything has settled for you, nice to hear from you shame that you don't have internet at home right now. I am not sure how I would cope without internet access, it keeps me connected to my family and friends at home.

Have been busy here the past few days, the bassinet is now in our bedroom and awaiting a baby, washing lots of blankets, towels, all the baby carriers and car seat cover etc so trying to get a bit organized. Hubby built up some drawers today so will wash lots of clothes tomorrow, I have them in the spare room and looking at Euan and looking at these tiny clothes I really can't imagine how it was possible that he actually fitted them. Crazy, its scary and exciting to think about such a tiny person again.

Jo, my births were 12 hours for Jessica and about 10 for Devon, that's from the start of the first contractions to the birth though! I'm doing the same as you, washing everything, and getting everything ready! When's your due date? Can't believe I'm due in 7 days!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->