Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Hi Rachel! Glad your doing well, i'm 29 weeks and have not seen a foot or a hand yet - so guess it depends on the person. Think i could see my belly moving around 25 or 26 weeks. Don't worry it will happen soon, you'll love it even more when you do! It is really an amazing feeling xxx

Know how you feel about the decorating - i wanted our dining/living room done, but doubt it will now. Only house thing i'm putting as a must now is having new grass in the garden so i can enjoy it with the baby as it's all muddy and patchy. We are going for a creamy/yellow colour, then i'm attempting to make some animal stensils to paint on top. What colour are you going for?

Echoing love for our CCM's and CCB's, hope they are are doing well Lucy, Lauren, Dee, Helen, Jo, Toni and Em xxx

AFM brought my midwife appointment forward a week to today. She thinks i'm having painful BH due to irritated uterus too, and doubts i'll make it to my due date as i'm having them painful and so early. She isn't thinking anything too early, but just i'll be late. So we will see...... Going to have pancakes tonight! Yum!

So really do have single figure weeks then Lou (probably), very exciting x

Your room sounds lovely. Not sure what colour I'm going for. Maybe a grey blue? I have seen a couple of bed sets I like and also a crib bed. But don't want to buy any of that until the room is decorated!

I've just made my pancake mix too! Although in doing so have used up all the milk so I can't have tea now - doh!!

Doh! I'm loving the tea at the moment! Got decaff for home so I can have more. Humm maybe tea and chocolate....think I may catch up on weight gain this tri as my hunger has gone through the roof!

What colour are the sets and crib you like? We tried to match ours in with our set, ours has yellows in it, but I didn't want yellow yellow, so it's more or a tinge.

Did you enjoy your pancakes?

Yep maybe single figures already, maybe, thinking maybe hospital bags need thinking about a bit earlier!

Ooh Lou you're nearly as far as I was when I had Thalia - 29 + 5 - your baby will be looking something like she does in my siggy!! I'm sorry you've got this irritable uterus thing but glad its not early labour. Hopefully your LO will stay put for a long while yet.

Rach, I never saw a foot or hand, I used to see my tummy moving but thats it.

Jo - already posted on FB but Congrats again and am so glad labour was nice and easy(as labour goes) and no tears this time, that really is fab.

AFM I am astounded every day with how much in love with my daughter I am. Its ridiculous. I just thank god for her every day.

She's not done too well on the weight gain last couple weeks so HV has told me to up the calories in my food - thing is I'm eating loads and am still a stone over my pre preg weight so not sure what else I can eat really, trying to eat lots more protein next couple weeks, its just hard eating a good breakfast and lunch when one handed and rushing. Evening meal is ok as OH does it.

Mrs G and Thomas are coming for tea tomorrow - very exciting. Will try and get a group snap xxxxxx

oatmeal and protein are good for improving quality apparently... am sure she'll catch back up soon :hugs:

Glad those cc bumps are cooking nicely - fxd for at least 38 weeks Lou.

Well I'm knakered and at a loss..

Ollie has always needed to be nursed to sleep - held, stroked, patted and rocked - but his ability to remain asleep is going downhill :cry: . He has always started flailing his arms and legs as he has woken up but now this is happening every time he goes into light sleep eg at the end of a 45min sleep cycle - so now by the time i get him to sleep and put him down it's 30 mins max before he's stirring - and if left he will def wake up.

The only way to keep him asleep is to hold him - I haven't slept properly for ages now :(.
I called the hv yesterday and she's coming round today - she thinks it's wind but i'm not sure...

got his 6 week check up this morning too so will see how he is weighing too - oh reckons 11lb 9 oz - I reckon 12 lb 2 oz .....

gosh i need a nap :cry: oh not back till 7pm so no respite for me today :(

hx

Helen, Thalia was not a good sleeper either - ut she's been getting gradually better, she sleeps well from after 8 pm feed till 12ish feed and then till 4am feed but after that its only an hourish and shes stirring. I think she gets cold. By 4am our house is freezing. For the 8pm and 12am feeds I leave a hot water bottle in her crib so that when I pop her back in its nice and cosy and she falls into a deep sleep rather than just a light one - we do it at 4am too but I think the house is so cold and it wakes her up OR its because OH does that feed and never winds her properly. So one of us needs to hold her from 5am and then I feed and put her back down at 7am and she's still asleep now, if she's not winded she does wake herself up. She'll be up soon and then its sort of eats sleep awake for an hour each until 7pm.

Sorry HB that was a ramble and not much help - but maybe try the hot water bottle if you haven't already.

H, I'm sorry Ollie is being a Wollie when it comes to sleeping, I can imagine it makes you tired too and the world seems so much more difficult when you're tired. Hopefully each day is that bit easier than the one before and he'll start to play ball soon. Let us know what the hv says x

Lou - no harm in starting on the hosp bag, eek! that makes it all sound really real. You get to buy all the glamorous things from Boots like disposable pants & massive pads!

One set I like is blues like this style https://us.mamasandpapas.com/en-US/product/188/soft-chime-toy-lion

and the other is this range https://www.johnlewis.com/230874171/Product.aspx

But I may go neutrals - still undecided!

Lucy, enjoy your CCM tea! And say hi to Dee & Thomas from us x

Hi Helen, sorry Ollie isn't sleeping well. I'm not much help with the advice but i should be seeing my friend this week who has a little baby boy, and an older boy so i'll ask her what she thinks. Is he still exclusively breastfed? Let us know what the HV says :hugs:

Lucy enjoy your CCm tea today! say hi from us all xx Thalia is looking great, love the picture of her in her. Lots of cold meats for snacks if you can stand it are good for protein, my old personal trainer always wanted me snacking on cold chicken, turkey, bacon etc for protein.

Rachel loving the ranges you have choosen. I love animals! I ended up getting primark big cheap knickers, but have the lovely pads!! Looking in the 3rd tri hosiptal bag thread makes me feel unprepared, they have soo much people put in! Think i'll just do basic one for me for now, just in case i go back in hopsital anytime soon. Then maybe just write list for now, then DH can always gather bits if it ever came to it.

Thanks ladies, i'm feeling ok about it, as long as baby ok then i'll put up with the pain, and rest helps. Think DH is more panicy than me!! Yesterday they were coming so painful and quick i was thinking about timing them, had them from 1 till bed time, getting more intense and closer together, but back to mild period type cramps this morning. I'm just really confused how to know if they are the real thing or not, guess they just don't go! Back to GP today to update her on what midwife said.

Lou sorry to hear your still in so much pain with your irritable uterus. Hope baby can stay inside you until 37 weeks. When do you finish work now?

Rach your sets look good. I never saw a foot or hand with either of my two. I felt a definite foot this time quite a few times but I was afraid to look to be honest. I don't think it's very common to see them. You will be feeling more movement soon. Where is your placenta?

Helen sorry to hear that Ollie is not sleeping too well. Its so hard when you don't get much sleep. Hope things change soon. I don't have any advice about how to improve it. You will just find your way. Hope the hv can give you good advice.

Lucy Thalia sounds like she is doing well. It's
Nice to hear from you.

Olivia is doing well it seems that this time my boobs are actually working. Was at the midwife yesterday and she is now 8.1. So she is putting on 35g a day roughly which is great. She feeds on average every 2 hours and I am knackered. Anyway off to try and wake her up, she is on the left boob abd needs to switch over.

Well done wth the bf Jo, I bet its just amazing!

I have just phoned the mw and she thinks I should be getting 10 obvious movements a day now. And cos I am not she thinks i should go to the hospital to be monitored. I am now petrified. Ralph is in London and I will have to go on my own if its today. Just waiting for her to call back to find out if it will be today.

The baby was pretty much asleep the whole time of the 20 week scan aswell. Do you think this could be a sign of soemthing being wrong with the baby, the fact he never moves?

Help!

Can you tell me what your movements exactly felt like around 24 weeks? When ppl say 'I felt a kick' what does that mean? Is it an actual blow from the inside or just a bobble?

Rach I am so sorry that you are going through this. It's a good idea to get checked out and I an sure that everything will be fine.

In my experiences with movement both pregnancies were quite different. With euan he moved but not thar much and there were lots of days that I never felt him move at all. When the movements started it felt like bubbling then it got stronger gradually as baby grew. I went to the hospital 4-5 times for reduced movement. With Olivia she moved much much more than euan ever did however it wasn't until late that I felt them stronger as I had an anterior placenta. Everyone is different rach and I am sorry Ralph is un London. Please let us know how it goes as soon as you know. Thinking of you and wishing I could give you a hug bug I am sure everything is just fine.

Rach sorry for your going through this, have you heard back from your mw? I have a number for the antenatal triage at the hosptial on the front of my hopstial notes, you could always ring through yourself and speak to them. i have always found mine very helpful. Sorry Ralph is away, can he get back to you then meet you in the hosptial? I'm sure everything is fine, but it's always best to get it checked out

I've been trying to go through my posts and journel from when i was 24 weeks. I think i was still at the point when i would only feel it when i had some chocolate then laid down and focused. I don't think i felt what i would call a 'kick' to around nearly 26. I wouldn't feel anything then standing up, it would either be seated or laying. But i do remember having days i didn't feel anything, so thats when i went for the chocolate. Baby was alseep during 20 week scan too. Feeling, was just a weird feeling of 'something' moving inside for me, the real kicks and punches only started just before 26 weeks.

Sending you big :hugs: xxx

:hugs: Rach, i didn't kick ount till 28 weekss, but i know i was feeling movement - not massive kicks tho - can't say how often as wasn't tracking it.

Am sure having the trace will reassure you all is well, and if you're not happy ask for a scan.....

afm Ollie weighs 11lb 8oz - so gone from 91st percentile to 75th, but he is 61cm long and head circ is 38.5cm so both in 91st percentile.

hv thinks we're just going to have to ride this sleep spell out :(

The hospital don;t do tracking until 26 weeks so the mw suggested I see her for doppler & measure of bump. Both were fine! My notes say my placenta is at the front & high so she thinks it may be cushioning the blows. So alls good for now.

Well, except for that I think my friend has had a mc. She told me she was 6 weeks last week, their first time trying, I was so pleased for her! She had brown blood on Monday and had a scan this morning. We had been txting but she hasnt txt me since the scan so I suspect it was bad news (hope not). Life is so precious.

Are we all watching that prog on bbc2 9pm tonight?

Great Ollie measurements x Hope this spell doest last too long for you x

Good news Rachel, been checking back for an update! Glad heartbeat and bump all measuring good. Sorry to hear about your friend, hopeforlly it isn't bad news for her xx

My hopsital doesn't do them until 26 weeks either as they say they move too much, when i went in the first time (dead on 26 weeks) i was hooked up for 2 and a half hours, as baby kept moving!

Whats on bbc at 9? going to look it up now x

Helen sorry hv was so unhelpful. When i see my friend i will make sure to ask for you xx

Jo i have 4 weeks and 2 days until easter holidays, then start mat leave straight after. Doc has signed me off for 2 weeks on mw advice, so will have 2 weeks 2 days, when i go back. great news that the flow is good, and sounds like she is gaining good weight xx

Rach so glad to hear that baby is fine. I didn't start kick counting until late on either. I thought you might have an anterior placenta and in a few more weeks you should be feeling the kicks well. I found that even doing the kick counts I had to lie down in a quiet room and concentrate after juice and chocolate.

Lou glad your off soon it's wonderful once you finally start your time off.

Rach so glad to hear that baby is fine. I didn't start kick counting until late on either. I thought you might have an anterior placenta and in a few more weeks you should be feeling the kicks well. I found that even doing the kick counts I had to lie down in a quiet room and concentrate after juice and chocolate.

Lou glad your off soon it's wonderful once you finally start your time off.

Good news Rach - glad Roo is all ok in there :)

:happydance: yey for maternity leave Lou!!!

hx

It was a massive relief! Think my mw stirred it all up more than was necessary but oh well!

more good news - my friend did have a heartbeat, yay! Although measuring a week behind but there is time to catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->