Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Great news for you friend too, how you been feeling today? Xx

how's everyone today?

I'm going Norfolk next weekend and have found local hospital address. Do you think I'm a little crazy, I'm tempted to take mini hospital bag with me just in case. I am going to take notes.

No, definitely take it Lou. You can never be too prepared! Have a lovely weekend, are you visitng people or having a mini break x

Thanks rachel, it's a mini break, last hol before baby! Dog coming too. Have anouther night away booked without dog on our anniversary, but next holiday will be after baby!! Thanks, I wasn't sure if I was being too cautious. X

how you this weekend?

Rach - glad all ok, I never really had time to count kicks but used to get really worried if I had a quiet day which always seemed to be sundays for some reason - maybe because I wasn't so busy on sundays so had more time to think about it. I was lucky though that Thalia was very active from about 18 weeks and even though I had an anterior placenta I felt her a lot. Really glad all is ok with you and your little chap. xx

Lou - have a lovely weekend away, definitely take your notes - you won't need them then but sods law you would if you didn't!!

Helen, hows Oliver doing with his sleeping? Hope all going well.

Jo hope all going well with Olivia - is your mum still there?

Have had a lovely day with OH and Thalia, had a facial first thing, first one in ages, first thing I've done for myself in months - apart from leg and bikini waxing which I don't count as bloody awful. Then we went out to farmers market and to a lovely antiquey place and bought a white chest of drawers and rocking chair for Thalias room.

And now its nearly wine o clock - yay!!

Thalia was 4 months yesterday - absolutely mad as shes still a tiny baby - 8 pounds 9 at last weigh in. She smiles all the time now which is lovely and I think it won't be long till she discovers her hands as shes been looking at them a lot last couple of days.

Have a lovely sat evening all

Lou hope you have a fabulous weekend away it sounds like bliss. Enjoy every moment and I agree with the others take your notes and bag with you just in case.

Lucy Thalia sounds like she is doing great and it's funny to think she is still so tiny at 4 months old.

Having a nice weekend too. Mum goes home on Monday. I am going to miss her and it's hard not knowing when I will see her again but I am also ready to try and get into a routine and for us all to be a family together. Steven goes back to work on Tuesday as well so soon it will be me alone. I am not worried about it just yet.

Hi girls! Glad to hear everyone's doing well!! Rach, i never felt strong movements from Ollie until around 28 weeks, maybe a bit later. My placenta was anterior and high like yours too. Lou, have a lovely time :) definately take your hospital bag!! Jo, glad you and Olivia are doing well! X Lucy, how did your ccm tea go? Lovely to hear about Thalia! X
AFM, sorry i've not been updating much, MIL has been here for 2 weeks to help, this week was my first week on my own :-/ but i coped!! Ollie's doing really well, he's 4 weeks old now and weighs 10lb 2oz. Feeding every 2 hours, and waking 3 times in the night, so i'm very tired, but i really don't mind! He did have problems bringing his wind up, but that seems to have sorted itself out now. Feeling a bit more like myself now, managed a trip to the hairdressers on saturday, and Rob's taking me out on a 'date!' next saturday while MIL babysits. Looking forward to having some 'us' time but bit worried about leaving Ollie, but i'm sure he'll be fine!
Helen, hope you get the sleeping problems sorted out soon, lucy's hot water bottle tip was good! I know how hard it is when you're not sleeping and are tired so i do feel for you. Great that your Ollie's doing well though!! Xx

Em - great to hear from you, sounds like Ollie is doing great. Did you get anything special done with your hair? Enjoy your date at the weekend, where is he taking you? xx

Jo - Glad you've had a lovely time with your mum over. I'm sure everything will go well on Tuesday when Steven goes back to work xx

Lucy - great to hear from you and hear Thalia is doing so well. So glad you enjoyed your day out and facial, sounds lovely xx

Thanks ladies, i wasn't sure if i was being over cautious! Really looking forward to it. Painted the nursery this weekend and the boarder is up. Really pleased with it, it was our first attempt at painting (we have lived in our house for 5 years and not really done anything!). Really looks like a babys room now

Hi girls,

Hope everyone is doing well, cant believe how many CCM and babies we have now :flower:

Glad all was ok with baby rach, and yay for your friend as well :)

Lou hope you have a nice weekend away.

Glad to hear babies are doing well, cant believe Thalia is 4 months old already lucy...time flies.

I'm doing well, blood pressue lower now and just spending alot of time resting....

Take care everyone and i'll try and pop back in again soon x

It's 3.50 am and up feeding. My goodness I am tired. Mum goes home today so hope it's a fast day her flight isn't until 9 pm tonight. Not looking forward to the goodbye but looking forward to us being alone. Have a good week.

Thanks Lou, i had blonde and chocolate brown highlights and a fringe cut in.. Not too sure about it though! We're going to the cinema and for a meal after, really looking forward to it!! So exciting when you see the nursery taking shape! There'll be a baby in there before you know it!! Xx

Hi girls... just wanted to let you know that I put a bunch of pics today onto facebook. I can't seem to get any uploaded onto here.

They're gorgeous Jo, Olivia and Euan are both adorable. I hope Euan is getting more accustomed to the new addition now xxx

Aw thanks guys I think they are lovely too but I am not particularly objective on the matter.

Am up feeding Olivia and am finding each night getting a bit harder. I am so tired but I know I have not rested much have been up out and about almost every day since she was born. Mum went home yesterday it was a tough day I cried but won't bore you with the details. Anyway now that she is currently in the sky heading home I can relax a bit more so hope that makes a difference.

Need to wake up the minx she has fallen asleep after nursing for 5 mins on the left she totally needs to go on the right.

Well - been really tough with this sleep issue - I think it is the startle reflex that's the issue, have been working on swaddling but can only do it once Ollie is asleep as he hates it... but I got him to sleep 2 hours one afternoon swaddled in his rocking chair. In his crib was a mission as he had too much wriggle room so experimented and having cellular blankets rolled up either side seems to help. Then our halo swaddle sleep bag arrived yesterday - OH has been taking the 8pm - 12am stint ( so I can at least get some sleep ) and has been just holding Ollie as he slept but yesterday I set up the moses basket and told oh to give it a go with the swaddle bag - Ollie slept in it 9-12 ( after a false start and whinge between 8pm and 9pm )

I then fed Ollie at 12am and changed him then held him to sleep 12.30 - 1am - he stayed in his crib till 3.30am - had another feed and that's where the magic ended - he wouldn't stay down after that and was really asking for feeds at 5am, 6am and 7am ( cluster feeding?? being 6 weeks?? ) and they weren't small feeds - he was really going for it. We had a last feed at 8am and I swaddled him in his chair for a nap.... I even had the chance to sort out my car insurance - managed to get it down a bit!! Now I have a massive left boob - oh the irony!!

Hope everyone's ok

hx

Helen I feel for you. It's hard I know, but an still confident things will settle soon. The tiredness is rough I know, we all need to make sure we rest when baby is resting. Can you pump or express some milk and someone else can feed Ollie for a spell just so you
Can get a good rest. If you don't want to use bottles you could get oh to try the supplemental nursing system and see how that works.

Hugs. Just remember there are several of us here now going through the same issues. We will all
Get there.

So I meant to say that after feeding for the past week or so... its taken alot longer to get Olivia to settle. She fusses and seems to be in a bit of pain, she does not wind easily and I think she might have colic. I googled and it occurs within the first 2 weeks of birth and can last for upto 3-4 months. Not sure what I can do to help her, she gets a bit distressed and pops her legs right out in front of her and goes rigid for a few minutesi guess until the pain passes. I have some gripe water to try tonight and will see if that helps any.

We've got infacol and that seems to help the wind - hope it's just wind and not colic - that would be awful!! - Ollie gets wind too - I hate it!!

PS - same again last night - fingers crossed that this improvement continues!! oh - and after a couple of days of accepting dummies Ollie refused them again - but today he has taken one as I kept trying from time to time - would be good if he takes them to help settle him in the night....

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->