Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

He likes to keep you on your toes H! Sorry it's tough atm, but sounds like you are coping really well, you certainly have lots of strategies up your sleeve. I am taking note.

Jo - beautiful piccies on fb. Hope the gripe water works for you!

My doppler arrived today, its sat on my desk, I am scared to unwrap it but looking forward to trying it tonight! It's one that the mw's use so hopefuly will be better than that rubbish summer thing we have at home.

Also ordered my baby shower invitations yesterday, they are beautiful! Having it at 32 weeks. I was in 2 minds whether to have one. I definitely want one to play the games, have the girls round and generally get excited about being a Mummy. I don't want people to think it's like a US one though where they 'shower' me with all we need for the baby, I hope people don't go out of their way spending lots of money as we can provide all for baby's needs. Hope that came across right and not ungrateful!!

Just reading back through the posts!

QM, I am very jealous of your leg wax and wine day! Can't believe Thalia is 4 months (you must hear that a lot!), I bet its nice having a little baby for longer, although obviously highly stressful in the prem months.

hi M2A - thanks for dropping by! Lovely to hear all is well with you. Less than 5 weeks til you get to meet Max x

Em, how are things with you, any more leaking or bh?

xxxxxx

Rach I had a baby shower before euan was born and I told everyone that was coming not to do the massive shower that happens over here as I don't think it's right either. I mainly got gift cards and clothes so it was good. It will be so much fun.
Have fun with your Doppler when you get home.

Helen I hope it's just wind too she wasn't too bad overnight being rocked for awhile. I will head to the store this morning and see what I can buy for wind. You Don't get infacol but there will be something else.

Rach I was gutted to miss out on my shower - so jealous of yours. I wanted all the pressies!!!!

My friends wanted to give me one once Thalia was out of hospital but everyone had bought pressies by then and seen Thalia and it didn't feel quite right!!

Will have one with the next baby............

Helen glad things are improving on the sleep front, hope it continues. I had some camomile tea last night and Thalia had her best night ever!! Wondering if it helped somehow. Going to have it again tonight.

Jo sorry your little love has pains, I hope its not colic or reflux/silent reflux. Thalia had wind really bad until bout 4 weeks corrected- we just couldn;t get it up and she'd be in such pain it was horrible but now shes bringing it up much better, hopefully Olivia will start doing that too.

LOu hope all good with you xx

Rach are you having a theme or anything? My friend is coming over tomorrow to plan mine and her hen do/wedding. I'm doing dinner and home made choc cake. We've got most stuff too, so just want good chance to have girls round and play fun baby games! Hope your Doppler is good!

Helen glad ollie slept better last few nights, hope it continues!

Jo sorry to hear olivia has pains, hopforlly the gripe water will help her xx

Lucy glad to her Thalia slept well after your camonmile tea. Xx

afm doing ok today, some more pains today but nothing regular. Had trouble eating tonight as babys head was inbetween my ribs!

Rach are you having a theme or anything? My friend is coming over tomorrow to plan mine and her hen do/wedding. I'm doing dinner and home made choc cake. We've got most stuff too, so just want good chance to have girls round and play fun baby games! Hope your Doppler is good!

Helen glad ollie slept better last few nights, hope it continues!

Jo sorry to hear olivia has pains, hopforlly the gripe water will help her xx

Lucy glad to her Thalia slept well after your camonmile tea. Xx

afm doing ok today, some more pains today but nothing regular. Had trouble eating tonight as babys head was inbetween my ribs!

I'm not sure re theme, do you have any ideas? Let me know what your friend comes up with! Going to ask everyone to wear a blue ribbon and I think its going to be a picnic type affair in my back garden with balloons and banners, but apart from that, not sure!

The new doppler is brilliant! picked his hb up pretty much straight away. We had a couple of listens last night. Wish I'd bought one earlier x

Brilliant that the doppler is so good Rach, should help when you worry :) baby shower sounds lovely!! Glad the camomile tea worked Lucy, and that Thalia had a good night. X
Good that everything's going well for you too Lou! X
Jo, Devon had colic and it was an absolute nightmare. He slept all day and screamed all night. We tried infacol and colief but nothing worked. We used to be pushing him in his pram around the streets to calm him late at night, and poor Rob was driving miles with him in the car to settle him. Eventually it passed. I really hope for you that it's just wind xxx
Helen, infacol worked for Ollue when he struggled to bring up wind, he seems ok now though. Cluster feeding at the moment though :-/
Xx

Rach glad the Doppler us good, must be lovely to listen too. We ended up
with an Easter theme, as was thinking that weekend then everyone can bring a Easter themed goody for food. Though think I may have left it too late, Easter I'll be 35 + 4!! The only other weekend be royal wedding, so a street party theme, but be 36 + 4! So other plan we came up with was a baby welcoming party for family and friends in July or august. Going to give it a think.

Em glad ollie is bringing up his wind better now xx

hope everyone is well xxx

half packed for tomorrow, must remember my notes!

Emma She slept most of yesterday day time and was up all night. I think it is just wind last night she just wanted to be held close.

Was at the midwife this afternoon and Olivia is doing great. She was weighed and is a whopping 8lb14oz so she has went from 8lb1 in 8 days. I was worrying that she wasn't feeding well enough but I think it's safe to say that she is obviously getting more than enough.

Steven is off again for 5 days and is using his paternity days. It's nice to have some time as a family.

Rach - glad the Doppler worked well it's so exciting to hear.

Happy birthday Lucy! Have you got any celebration plans, hope you have a lovely day whatever you are doing x

Jo, that's great weight gain, go Olivia! Enjoy your family time, what are you going to be up to x

Lou, I'm having mine at 32 weeks. The only other option was 36 like you! I'm sure it will be fine and it will be something to look forward to for your final month. The theme ideas sound really good! We're going to have a welcome to world BBQ in August too so we can show him off!

Just had my doctor 25 week appointment, all seems fine. Had slight protein trace in urine. BP was normal. Next appt is with the mw after my hol which is in 2 weeks 2 days, can't wait!

Rach Don't worry about protein along as bp fine. Both my pregnancies I had a trace protein the entire time. Your shower sounds great.

Lucy happy birthday.

Dont have anything planned for oh days off. He has the first 2 weeks of April off as vacation and we are going to go somewhere. It will be somewhere driving not sure where to go I would like to go to Vegas or somewhere on the California coastline but I think it will be Vancouver island. We don't have enough time to get olivia a passport.

Have booked some time away for Steven's vacation in the first few weeks of April, going to spend 4 nights 5 days on Vancouver Island.

I also want to head home over the summer at some point in time but not sure I can face coming by myself with the 2 kids it would be a bit of a nightmare I think, in terms of both the kids and also all the stuff I would need to take with me. I asked Steven if he could ask for a leave of abscence he said they are not granting them so no, Anyway had a look at the flights and they are pretty expensive almost $3500 if we all go together.

Anyway both kids are sleeping and so is DH and for some reason I am up playing on the computer. Its almost 5pm so no point in trying now but its a big mistake I really should have tried, since its me up all night with Livi.

Hope your all having a nice weekend.

ooo Jo - if you do come back we will all have to meet up!!!
Your trip sounds fab!! v exciting... def get some sleep!! I have found OH taking Ollie 8-12pm a godsend!!

Lucy - hope you had a happy b-day!!

Rach - shower sounds fab!!

AFM - wow - so far ( don't dare count my chickens!! ) the swaddling seems to be helping - Friday night he was fed at 7.30pm and asleep for 8pm - oh had him swaddled downstairs and he went to 12.30am with a couple of stirrings - oh just had to pick him up to quickly sooth him. I fed him at 12.30 and he was asleep for 1am - after I got him swaddled and in his crib for 1.30 I went to sleep ( amazing!!!! not sat up with him staring at the wardrobe!! ) the next thing it was 5am!!! he was stirring so I popped to the loo and picked him up - he fell back to sleep - I thought he'd be up in a mo so just cuddled him - he slept till 6am :shock: so he had 2 5 hour periods between feed!!

Yesterday grandparents came round so we had a nice walk - Ollie was reasonably chilled - have taken him off the infacol and he seems much better - he has also gone down to one big poo a day from 5!! - last night was pretty much the same but he did wake at 5am.

Thing is - last 2 days he hasn't napped ( despite my best attempts - he would do 10-30 mins then he'd wake up... today he's had longer naps - so hoping it doesn't impact tonight too much....

hx

Helen it sounds as if everything is heading in the right direction with Ollie. Well done.

Oh and I need to make our decision at some point soon. Its just a scary one to make. It would be wonderful though to meet for sure.

I had a good night with livi last night too since she is putting on weight well am chilling out about waking her to feed. She slept from 11 till just after 4 and then from 5-8 so yay. Felt quite good today. She has been feeding lots in the daytime though.

Hi everyone, how are we all?

I'm seriously lacking with motivation at work now. I have pretty much no work to do and spend all say looking on the internet but even that has become dull and boring. I just want ML and my baby!!

How is Ollie doing H, sounds like you have it cracked now!

Jo, have you decided on your holiday plans? Those flights do seem a lot!

Em, I saw on fb that your little one broke his leg, oh no poor thing! Is he loving his cast?

Lou, hows things? You must be leaving work soon ..

Lucy - how was your first birthday as a Mummy?

hugs all xxxxxxxx

Rach I know how your feeling it's tough when your just ready to leave work. I remember feeling the same. ML will be here soon enough when is your date to finish?

Not for another 8 weeks. I'm counting down! I haven't actually finalised my leaving adte yet but likely to be about 8 weeks.

I am on holiday a week on Sunday, can't wait for the break x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->