Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Rach - hope you have a great baby shower today! Suppose to be sunny and warm after the early rain has cleared so you should have a lovely day. Think Die hard 2 was based in Dallus airport in Washington DC (we watch die hard and die hard 2 every christmas!), which is east coast. Should be nice weather on the east coast in May i think for DH.

Thanks Jo, yeah feel really weird. Think i'm going to give DH a list of things to do next weekend so we all prepared. Mind you i was back at hospital yesterday. Had bad period type cramps from 1pm, turned into contractions at 6pm every 20 mins. So off i go down hospital as i'm suppose to, they are showing up on the montioring, but as still no dilation i'm sent home. So was told could be start of something, could not. So on watch today. Contractions still there, but still far apart. Unless there is a major change, i'm to stay at home.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend xxx

Rach - enjoy your shower.

Lou - its pants having the contractions etc when your having a c-section. Hope everything is ok today and you are able to be at home. Take care.

Thanks Jo, yep been at home all day, still there but no longer regular. So weird as with normal position you would wait it out, but as I habe no idea howd id know if I was dilating I end up going in then feel bad for wasting their time

Dont feel bad about wasting there time because that is what they are there for. The health of you and your baby are way more important, and like you say you have no idea what is happening you cant just presume that your not dilating because you haven't been doing so up till now. I am sure they would rather that you go in and be checked out rather than having an emergency c-section instead if you end up being dilated.

Its almost Monday and your going to have a baby this week. :) :) :) :) :hugs:

Thanks Jo xxx :hugs: your right I shouldnt feel bad. Think I felt bad as they were busy. yey! Not too long now till lo is here!

You been up to much this weekend Jo?

hI ladies

Shower was ab fab! I loved it! Mum and Auntie did an excellent job of organising everything, everyone thought so and had a fab time. We played loads of games, the food was delicious and the weather was good. Couldn't ask for much more!

Last night I had really really bad pains in lower uterus/top of leg. It was so painful I was calling out in pain. It came and went 3 times. Each wave got more intense. I kept thinking 'I;m only 32 weeks' it better not be the baby!

Anyways, Mum panicked and phoned an ambulance who checked me over and diagnosed .............. cramp!!!!!!!!! How embarrasing.

Just had docs appt too to check for PE signs. He has referred me to the hospital, so I'm going there at 3.20 today.

Hi Rach - so glad you enjoyed your baby shower, sounds fab! Glad everythings ok, when i was reading it i thought it sounded like cramp. I get it in the night and wake up in a shot of pain, god it's painful! Did he check your blood pressure today? Hope all goes well at the hospital this afternoon xxx

They all subsided yesterday evening, getting the odd one here and there now, with just a constant period type cramp as normal. Just back from my daily hour and half dog walk (i'm sure my dog thinks i've gone mad, he keeps trying to take short cuts!). Now really need to do all the house work, don't think i did it last week, and my mum's over for a visit tomorrow so need to de-fur the house!

Happy housework day! That's well funny re your dog. He needsto take advantage of the long walkies while he can tell him ;)

Jo, as an experienced Mummy! How long are those bouncy chair/rocker thingys used for? I;m just wondering how juch to spend on one. They vary from £20 to £100 but if its just for a few months, I may just get a cheepy x

Hope the appointment went well rach xxx

You would think he would be making the most of them, if i didn't know him better i would think 'aww bless he is thinking of me' but i know he is trying to take the short cuts to get to the park quicker to play ball! Won't be able to take him and LO out for a while after section which i will miss, really enjoy the exercise. He is a good boy being walked, but if he see's a cat he is so strong and pulls hard - so he'll have to wait for DH to take him!

Well i'm spent! Managed to do downstairs, and attempted to mow the garden, managed the edges of the grass. It was too long for me to mow the whole thing. I'll have to do bathroom tomorrow before she gets here, and then just shut the doors upstairs! lol! Just need to muster the energy to take dog out for walk again, we had new grass put down 4 weeks ago - so he still can't go out for his toliet breaks on it - which means more walks!

Oh Jo i have a question too for an experienced mummy - do you need waterproof mattress covers on moses baskets? I have one for the cot, but never got one for the moses basket.

Lou glad the contractions have subsided and your little dog sounds so cute. I am sure he will miss you taking him out afterwards too until your healed up and ready to be out walking.

Rach glad you had a good time at your baby shower it sounds like you had lots of fun apart from the visit from the ambulance. The cramps at this stage certainly can be painful and when you dont know what to expect its difficult.

In regards to the questions from you both.

Rach - I never bought a jumper, we bought a swing instead which can be used as a swing until the reach a certain weight, then the seat part can be removed from the frame and it is like a wee rocking chair then it can be used as a fixed chair without the rocker till about 1.5 yrs old. We liked that one. Olivia is using the swing just now too. We bought a jolly jumper that fits onto the door frame.

Lou I never bought a waterproof pad for bassinet/moses basket but the mattress pad for ours isnt cloth, its that shiny plastic that is easily wiped so it wasn't an issue for us. It doesn't hurt to get one if you can find one.

Didn't do anything this weekend, cleaned the bathrooms and looked out cases and trying to do some washing. We go home on Wednesday so just getting organised for that.

Thanks Jo, check mattress today and its one of those wipe clean ones so all good. You was right about having to chase hospital.about my letter. Didnt arrive today, so rung up. They claim they sent it on the 5th , so lost in the post. So she said she would bring a copy over when im in for pre op tomorrow.

Rach hope all went well at hospital xxx

Jo you must be exited about heading home! How is the packing going?

Packing went well and we are now home. It's lovely to see everyone.

:hi: ladies

Hope everyone us having a nice weekend!

Jo hoe you are enjoying being back home and seeing everyone.

Didnt get as much done this weekend as I wanted, tidying the garden tooklonger than we thought. Tiny bit of housework tomorrow, mums over to keep me company then think me and dh going for meal.in evening . Cant believe its only a day to go.now! Still doesnt seem real

Am checking in on you Louise. Baby will be here by now but I know you will still be in the hospital. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Hi Jo, aww thanks. xx I'm due into hospital tomorrow, 8am. Have no idea where i am on the list. I'll try and update this or fb as soon as i can. Otherwise i'll get dh to tag me in a post he does on fb. Not sure what the 3g signal be like at the hospital. Barely slept last night, god knows how i will be tonight. Maybe i will be having that 2am snack the anthesticist reconmended!

Ah good. I thought it was c section on Friday past. Good luck tomorrow it's going to be a great day tomorrow. Don't worry about posting let us know when you can.

Good luck for tomorrow Lou! What an exciting day. Enjoy eveyr minute. Can't wait to see piccies of your lo. How are you feeling today xxxxxxxxx

Hi ladies, thanks so much for the well wishes for tomorrow! ekk! Still doesnt real real. My mum came today and helped clean the house. Bathroom has never looked that clean before! Feeling ok, off to meet dh for dinner! Hoping we arent waiting too ling tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->