Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Where in Edinburgh do your rents live Jo? I was at uni there - used to live in Bruntsfield - I LOVE Edinburgh - would move there in a flash!

We never got into torchwood - we are into Dr Who tho - can't wait for the next series!! what a cliffhanger!!

hx

I'm the opposite couldn't get into Dr Who and I tried quite hard to like it.

We don't have a place in Edinburgh any more, we sold it before we moved here. I went to uni there too. Lived in Tollcross for a few years, Newington feor another and our flat was in Meadowbank. Also lived in Gorgie for a bit so all overreally. I miss it loads and especially now it's August and festival season.

I just love it - I love the city, I love the areas around it - North Berwick is fab!! and Perth and places like pitlochry are so close - love love love it!! and if we moved now Ollie would have a scottish accent - love children with scottish accents!!

hx

Hi ladies!

Sounds like edingburgh is fab! We've done south west, but not the other side. Had great time there when we went!

Not watched touchwood yet, it's sky plus'ed. Dh is up to date, but I'm a series behind or so. He got them on DVD so I need to catch up. Loving doctor who, can't wait for it's return in autumn season!

Foleys injection went fine. Just needed cuddlying to kip last night, slept through as normal. Went out with some ladies from baby massage today after class for a drink, then spent afternoon Reading in the shade in the garden while foley fed then kipped on me!

Far too hot for me today! Needed a pool today!!

Euan has an odd little accent right now it's a strange little
Hybrid one. He sounds Scottish, very posh English and Canadian all in the same sentence.

There are lots of lovely areas surrounding Edinburgh. Your making me homesick Helen.

Lou glad Foley is ok after his jabs. It's always sad to see there little faces crumble but I am a firm believer in vaccination.

Its 11 am Livi is napping and Euan is in his room for a time out. He has been so naughty today.. on our way to the library for story time and he was misbehaving throwing his hat around, not walking, trying to hit me so did the whole if you dont start behaving we are going straight home... first time I have threatened that when he didnt comply so home we came. Its a bit rubbish on your way out to turn around and come home again but cant say it and not do it.

Have not been on the actual computer for days I just sneak a look at our thread from my phone.
Have not heard from Rach in a while hope she is ok.

I hope so to - no news might be good news - fxd she's doing great

Lou - v idilic!! V jealous - Ollie is too high energy for such relaxed sports as reading under trees - he'd be climbing it!! Glad the jabs went well - only one more set then you're off the hook till 1 yr!

Jo - well done on the discipline!! Tollcross was on my way home - my friend used to live accross the road from the chippy there - spicy haggis supper was her fave - with salt and sauce of course!! being veggie it was just chips for me. Which uni were you at? I was at the college of art between 1997 and 2000.....

Baby yoga today - Ollie didn't comply at all - all the other babies let the excercises be done to them but Ollie kept crawling off!! We got his activity centre today - from ebay - he loves it!!! might satisfy his lust for standing up a bit!

hx

Have been in a few unis all over but did my first degree at Edinburgh uni, nothing I could really do with it work wise so went into nursing. Did nursing diploma in Glasgow then upgraded to degree at Napier uni. Then did a post grad course at Queen Margaret. What did you do at the art school?

Your injections sound different over there ours are 3 jabs at 2 months, 2 jabs at 4 months & 1 jab at 6 months then it's nothing till 1.

We went to Edinburgh last year - i loved looking round that old Royal boat thats harbored there. I think I'm old before my time!

Alls well with us atm :flower:

I'm loving being a Mummy now. Baby is much easier than a few weeks ago! I'm still waiting for my first smile - when did everyone get theirs. He is 6 weeks tomorrow, can't believe how much he's grown already. He's off 9th percentile now and nearer 20. He was so skinny when he came out but he's piling on the puppy fat now!!

I'm going to see a lady I met in the hospital who had twins today. Hers were born 2 days before Charles.

And its almost the weekend which means more Daddy time, yay! And Mums coming for 5 night on Sunday - double yay!! xx

Hi rach - great to hear all is going well! Hope you enjoy your mum's visit! So glad your loving being a mummy! Foley's first smiled at 4 weeks, he's just started having a little giggle (very cute), but every baby is different, at baby massage all the babies can.lift heads at tummy time and he just tries to eat the towel! Glad to hear he is pilling on the weight now. Hope you have a nice time with the lady!.

Well done Jo on the disapline, i never get on the proper computer now, just on my phone.

helen hope ollie enjoys his new activity centre! Think in a few months Foley will be off and about and my reading time be gone!

Went to baby senosry today, which was nice. Just trying to play with Foley but he seems more interested in scrubs than me and his toys! He's due a change and feed now, then hopeforlly little nap. Meeting up with a anouther mum i met on a local forum on Monday. She also has a dog so she is coming over for a baby and dog walk. Bit nervous as i've never met her before and i'm a bit shy so find initial small talk hard. But hoping it goes well!

Nice one Rach - once you feel more of a master of your own destiny again it definately gets better :)

Wow - Lou and Rach you're proper social butterflies!!

Totally agree on the all babies are different - Ollie is a little mover - will see whether his communication keeps up with him - he does do double babbling but not as much as my firends little girl did at this age......

One word for me right now - tired!!!

hx

Rachel glad all is better and your enjoying it all a bit more now.

Livi smiled really early she is such a smiler, whereas we had to work really hard at getting Euan to smile. She communicates way more than euan ever did although he seems good now.

Its Sunday afternoon the entire family is napping apart from me. I am uploading pictures and videos onto my blog of the kiddies for our families at home. If any of you want to see it let me know and I will send the link, its pretty boring really unless you are interested in seeing my children.

We spent the morning geocaching found 4 separate ones so that was fun, although i am discovering the downsides to it. I have 9 bites on my right ankle, bottom of calf and 7 on my left. Today I had to go and get bug spray hope it works, they seem to like me. They are itching like crazy and I think I might be developing cellulitis on my right so will keep an eye on it.

We were supposed to be going swimming in the afternoon but Euan was a bit naughty before bed and Steven told him that we were not going swimming after his nap, we really should stick to what Steven told him but I am dying to go. Its super hot and after wandering around in the woods I was quite looking forward to a plunge in the pool.

I have the breastfeeding clinic again on Wednesday so we will see what is going on with Olivia, she still has urate crystals in her diaper every day which is an indication of slight dehydration but it can be normal for some babies too. I am feeding her very frequently in the day, she is having her cereal twice a day with water mixed in and am giving her a few ounces of water too from a cup or spoon for a bit more hydration since she still has them. I am at a loss of what to do now and no one seems bothered, if she is dehydrated every day then it could potentially cause some serious kidney issues for her. Its tough, I hate being obsessed by this but its difficult when at every diaper change I can see them. She does pee and poo normally by the way so will bring it up again on Wednesday.

Anyway I am having a very nice weekend, hope you are too.

Jo - I would keep at them too - I know it's hot but if you're hydrating her often I don't understand how you're stil getting the crystals :hugs:

Well - Ollie is doing well on the BLW - he had 3 meals again today - oatibix and pear for breakie, carrot, broccoli, pear and yoghurt for lunch and asparagus pasta with the other half of the yoghurt for pudding and a couple of organix bite things ( as he was still looking for food!! ) - unfortunately so far we haven't had a sttn from the weaning - we didn't get it from the crawling ( being more active ) nor the weaning - still having random wakings with no recognisable pattern - I would love a full nights sleep!!

hx

Jo i'd keep at them too, or maybe the doctor if your getting no answers from the clinic. It seems like your keeping her nice and hydrated so not sure why she still is getting the crystals either :hugs: Sorry to hear about the bites, thats quite a lotm your poor thing!

Helen great news on Ollie eating so well, sorry your still not getting a full nights kip, it must be tough. A broken sleep never feels as good as a full 7 to 8 hours - even if you get the same amount of hours :hugs:

Well walk went well today, she was really nice and the dogs had a great play over the park. Trouble getting Foley down tonight, hoping he is finely down as feeling very tired today. DH saw the proper consultant today, he sent him for anouther x ray after the one today didn't show whether it has knitted. He couldn't tell on the 2nd either but said the movement and lack of pain seemed to show it was. Has given DH an open appointment to come back if it does not get full movement over next few months.

Bit worried about DH going to west ham tomorrow with all these riots. Makes me want to move to the country. It's so shocking to see!

Yey Lou on walk - hope OH's limbs are on the mend!!

Ollie has been awake several times so far :( going to be a long night - it's bad enough but coming from a position of poor poor sleep over the last few days ( and poor broken sleep for the last year!! ) it really is hard.....

Way to go Ollie on the BLW, it sounds like he is doing great Helen.

Lou glad your meeting was good, sounds like DH is doing better in terms of pain and movement right enough, glad to hear it.

Have the breastfeeding clinic tomorrow so will see if Olivia is getting any better in terms of her weight and will mention the crystals again tomorrow, there have been none for a few days, so hopefully she is ok.

Hi jo - hope the appointment at the clinic went well today x

Helen hope ollie has let you have a little more kip x

Foley has just gone to sleep, late again, think it's his 9 week growth spurt! Had baby massage today, then drink out with one of the mums there. Post natal course tomorrow, then to my mum's on Friday. It's my first time driving to surrey with just me, foley and the dog! Really hoping the traffic isn't bad

Ok here goes... not a happy mummy tonight. The doctor now tells me that she thinks Olivia has something wrong with her kidneys.

We went to the clinic she has put on about 100g in 2 weeks which is very little considering she has been wolfing down baby cereal and quite significant portions for 2 weeks so she was concerned about that but said that she is still following her little curve but that she was going to discharge me back to my GP and said that he will need to follow her weight very closely.
I asked again about the urate crystals and said that its not every day but I would say approx 3 days per week and 1-2 diapers on those 3 days. She acted like she had not heard this before even though I have told her every time I see her so she tells me that for a baby to have urate crystals in there diapers for this length of time is very concerning, and its very rare for babies to have it this long and if it continues then it could be very damaging to her kidneys. No shit I felt like yelling FFS I have been telling you about this for a few months, now I feel like the shittest mother in the planet for not pushing it further with anyone who would listen.
Anyway she was going to refer me to a pediatrician and a babies kidney doctor, but decided to do some blood work and urine testing first which is probably a good idea. We went to the lab for her blood test and that was quite traumatic, at first I took her into a little room and 2 girls kind of held her down while the other repeatedly stuck a needle into her heel to take blood, I asked to hold her to help and they said that they always do it because mums dont normally do it right and just get upset, so i thought ok I will give them some space and let them do there job. After 20 minutes of her screaming and struggling with them, and them not getting blood so having to try again I suggested that if they move her over and she could see me it would make a difference, they looked unconvinced but I went in anyway and moved her along the bench. As soon as she saw me she reached up to touch my face and stopped crying and smiled, my heart gave out and I do confess to a few tears. I sang to her for a bit while the girls were taking blood, they managed it which was great filled quite a few vials. My other job for tonight or tomorrow morning is to obtain 2 urine samples, I had a little bag on her tonight to collect but It fell out as I removed it tonight so will try tomorrow.

I just hope that my little girl is ok and that she is not really sick and I have not noticed. I guess we will find out something soon. I am scared and very worried about her.

Anyway so that was my day! It was pretty shit!

:hugs: Jo - at least they're monitoring her now - you had been asking and asking so it's not as if you had ignored it. Tbh - I had thought kidneys - fxd it's nothing sinister.

Really bad night for me - and not at Ollie's hand - he slept till 4am and then till 6.30am - but I have come down with a cold and all night my nose was either stuffed or running - v little sleep :cry:

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->