Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

I am sure you will get the interview your putting a lot of work in to learn new stuff. Sorry you had a bad lesson, doesn't sound like fun!

We are looking at new houses this weekend which is fun...we saw quite a few today and 2 that we really liked..but not sure we can afford it even though its approximately 200k under our mortgage pre approval. We had to cut the trip short as the wind screen wipers in our car would not come on...of course it was pissing down..we had to drive for about 15m to the nearest mazda garage which was a bit hairy...to get them fixed.

We are going back tomorrow to look at another 6-7 houses without the kids this time so it will be much better.

Hey Sisters, I need a spot of help please. I've just posted in BC but hopefully you can all help me too.

C needs his next car seat , he is still in the 0+ seat.

I've looked into seats and want a 1+ seat, which lasts up to about age 4. I'm finding the market a minefield.

Which seats do you all have and are you happy with them. Do you recommend a particular seat?

TY x

Jo how did the house viewings go? Find any you liked?? Thanks I hope so!

Rach, we decided to stay rear facing and went with britax 2 way elite. Happy with it, expect foley threw up in it on 2nd day in! Not much fun on way to mums!! It can be rear or forward and goes up to about 5 to 6.

Off to see avenue q tonight, then the zoo tomorrow

We have put an offer on a house that has been accepted...although we have an inspection on our house tomorrow that the buyers are coming too and I am worried that they are going to change their minds and pull out.

Oh and car seats..

I have a britax marathon for Euan and we rear faced him until he was just over 2 and now he is forward facing.. and he will be in this seat for another few years I would think.

I have the seat for Livi, she is smaller than Euan so I plan on rear facing her for longer.

I am happy with the seats and they have a really good safety record. The only thing is they are very bulky but its not a problem if you not planning more than 2 kids. It works! I would recommend them.

we have a rear facing besafe izi combi isofix and it's fab - one of best on market

have a lovely time Lou

Fingers crossed Jo!

have got new car - 2004 vauxhall zafira - a tank! And have booked 3 nights in anglesey 30metres from the beach in a little cabin - so plan is on the tuesday df comes with us to farm tots - farm based toddler group (nibbled by a goat today!) have a lunch there as it's an organic farm with shop and cafe - lovely outdoor play area to eat lunch - then ollie should nap all the way to anglesey! - the sunday b4 there's a peppa pig thing nearby that we might take him to, then on the monday soft play or walk in forest depending on weather then the tuesday as described then chill out on the weekend after.

Helen, it sounds like you have some really nice times planned ahead. What or who is Peppa Pig? Is it a tv show? Is your car a minivan? Can't remember what they called them in the UK? People carrier? Sounds great! I am looking for something similar and probably going to buy a Mazda5.

The subjects (missives) come off our house on Friday so after Friday the buyers are contractually bound to buy...and we bought a house on Monday. Its a new house and and our offer and all our demands have been agreed which is exciting, although scary. The other good news is our nanny has agreed to come with us...

Jo! That's great news all round!! What's the new house like and where is it?

We have a scenic helen, bit tank like, mpv I think they call them. Love it though. I wanted that car seat, but only one fits our car due to under floor storage!

Sounds like some great fun plans ahead helen! Hows the move going?

Counting down days here! Bit tired, and had tinnitus in my other ear yesterday which worried me. One ear is enough, but gone today. Have to do lung capacity diary too for 3 weeks. Im falling apart! Lol!

The house is great..its in a place called Langley and its a new subdivision of here which is all new houses, they are building a new school, playparks, and walking/biking trails in the development too. Its 25m East of here so the commute to work will be about 1 hour by car going to work and longer coming home..

The house is on 3 levels..the bottom floor is the basement which contains a suite with 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living area bathroom and laundry room, you come out a door and there is a large room for use of the main house that we will use as a play area for the kids and art station..as well as a sleeping area for guests. There is a small bathroom there and it leads to a staircase going up to the main floor. There is kitchen, big living/dining area, there is another family room that we will make a kid free zone, and a den which is fairly big that we will make into a study. Upstairs is 4 bedrooms, 1 ensuite with jacuzzi bathtub (which will be awesome). There is a garden and detached garage with a huge parking space next to it for a RV...(so N American) and there is a covered porch area at the front of the house.

We are going to see it on Sunday to do an inspection.

On TTC front POAS today and it was BFN..AF due Friday/Saturday and have no idea when I ovulated this month. Will POAS again if no cycle on Saturday..

Going to give it a miss for a few months or just not actively TTC since all the heavy lifting while pregnant probably isn't the wisest move on the planet..given my history!

You must have been quite scared with tinnitus in the other ear...I can only imagine what that is like. WHy are you doing the lung capapcity for your lung function..do you have asthma?

The house sounds so lovely Jo! And what a wonderful new area, with new schools and parks. I love houses with those porches! The basement sounds great too, extra little space for visitors. Fxed for pos this weekend. It might happen when you least expect it!

I randomly did a lung capacity test at a fete at a nhs stand. It was free and me and my friend thought might as well. I came up with average lung age of 53! So told me to go docs. Docs now monitoring it to try abd work it out. Never had asmatha before

Thanks Lou, we are excited although nervous too.

You must have got quite a scare with the lung tests, hope they figure out what's causing it. Have you recently quit smoking? Any breathlessness, pains in the back where your lungs are? At least your getting followed now...hope you get some answers.

oh no Lou - hope everything is ok!

wow Jo - sounds amazing!

Never smoked in.my life! The nhs women and doc asked me same thing! No pain, just out of breath easy. I had put it down to being unfit! Hopefully all ok

Hope you both have good weekends! Hope the house survey thing goes well jo xx

Hi girls!!! So sorry I haven't really been on, hope you are all doing ok, and the ccb's too!! Hope you're feeling ok Lou? Wow Jo!!! Can't believe you're ttc no 3!! And found a house!! So excited for you!!! We're so busy atm, as u prob know from facebook, we're moving!!! Just decorating and it's a nightmare with 3 little ones and no help. Love the house though, and it's so much more child friendly too! Does anyone have any ideas about how to choose a primary school? That's the next thing I need to sort! Have you poas yet Jo? We're definitely not ttc, but I am a week late, my af has been irregular since having Oliver, with 2 af every month, but had none since last month :-/ bought a test today to do with fmu so.... Xxxxxx

oo Em :test: and tell tell tell. No advice re schools I'm afraid, I am yet to reach that minefield!

Any pics of the house Jo, it sounds perfect. Can we come and live with you?!

The izis pricey, ouch, looks great though. He is still in the baby seat, really need to get the next one soon.

C is on the verge of walking.

LuLu - sorry abot the lungs. Lucky you did the random test. Keep us posted.

I wonder how our other CCMs are who are ttcing - Lucy any news? I wonder if Lauren is ttcing too

Happy birthday to Charlie for yesterday rach! Hope he had a fab day. Yay to the almost walking too, thanks, was bit random but least I know now. Got my blowy thing now.

Ekk!! Test em!! Are you moving far? Are you decorating the new or old one? School wise I'd read the ofstead reports of the ones in your area. See what grades they are. If your having troubles,e accessing them pm me on fb with the names of the schools and I'll have read through them, download n send on. Otherwise ask to view them while kids are there, rather than just open evenings. this is just from experience as teacher though, rather than parent.

Jo would love pics too!! How you doing?

wow rach - happy bday Charlie! And well done with walking - clever little chap!

good luck with the house move! How is Oliver now? He was poorly a while back

hope you're ok Lou

Ollie is doing well - lots of activities - farm tots, toddler group and swimming class plus social engagements inc zoo, soft play, the park. He is a lovely little chap with a wicked sense of humour - def working on communication at the mo - he's learning to walk out and about and knows to hold my hand or he gets picked up . Also noticed him doing role play by himself as he feeds dolls, teddies and animals with play food. Still no improvement on the sleep. On plus side not long till anglesey and our lovely week!

Well tested, and definitely BFN. Must just be the pill I'm on. Happy because we are definitely not ttc!! Helen, Ollie sounds lovely!!! We're moving to a little village just outside the city so a change but am looking forward to it!! Visited a school yesterday and decided I love it, so applied. Fingers crossed they get in!! Xxx

Lou hope your doing ok.

Rach - so glad to hear that you all had a nice party it sounded like lots of fun! Your welcome to come anytime...;) C is going to walking in no time...then the fun really starts!!

Em - so nice to see you popping in again. I see all your updates on fb. It sounds like your excited with the new house. Glad to hear that you had a BFN especially since you are not trying. When will you know if the kids got into the school. Fingers crossed. Are you planning on anymore kids in the future?

Helen - it sounds like Ollie is doing brilliantly...well done!

I am indeed TTC #3...have my AF right now. Missing out this month and will start trying again once we are in the new house. By that time we will have all the heavy lifting etc out of the way..

https://thehorns.ca/mylistings.html/details-23212798

This is the house we have bought...the photos are pretty crappy actually but you get the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->