Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

I was thinking the same hb, i remember when i first joined you sisters, you were about 6 weeks or so along ! look at you now :)

Hope your ok rach :hugs:

Well im there at ten to one, and sitting thinking ...... im sure last time around i need a urine sample.....so i went and asked at reception for a tube and done one just in case (which i did need .... but stupid midwife didnt tell me!). So i didnt get seen till 10 past 1, and when i got in she asked why i was here because ive already got my notes sent out.....the hospital had sent out the notes from my last pregnancy, which she then asked me to read through to confirm it was old notes was awful.....having to read all the medical terms they use :cry:. So then she has to go and find new notes to fill out, and then she realises i havent been booked into the hospitals system....so no scan date had been booked at this point im so pissed off, and annoyed i have to wait a while for my scan, it should be within a week of my appointment but she had to phone and ask them to book one asap, which is apperantly 15th octber 2pm (not very asap to me!).

Then she done the notes etc...blood pressure...urine test, all the usual. Then was asking if i wanted the blood tests done at 16 weeks for downs and spina bifida...im not sure, i wouldnt get the amino if the reults came back high risk, so im not sure if theres much point to be honest what are your thoughts?

And next midwife app....10/11/10 9am, i asked if she would listen to heartbeat, she said they usally dont yet, but she will if i ask as long as i am aware that she might not find it....so very strssfull day x :(

M2a sorry your having such a crap time today, the scan will be here in no time at all.

I am going to see my gp today too get my blood pressure checked.

Take care Goddess - hope it isn't anything serious - at least you're in the right profession!! ( well generaly anyway!! )

It's crazy isn't it - I mostly remember the lime as we were in the supermarket and I was looking at limes :) - 14 weeks left ( fxd, touch wood ) 11 in work and 3 of those are holidays!!!

Yes - the twist is meant to be each judge getting an extra bod - I bet Gamu will be back ( and this will boost her popularity too )

:hugs: M2A - it's always a nightmare when they mix you up but you really don't need this given everything - it's bad enough being worried - the administration of your care really should be something you don't have to worry about!! For me I had the test but didn't have to consider the amnio - that's a tough decision so am glad I didn't have to make it.... Try to relax - have a bath and chillax :hugs: Once you have your scan and get past 15 weeks I'm sure it'll start going faster for you.

hx

Hi Ladies, i'm back from my weekend on wales. Had great time at Ryder cup on saturday, we had good weather but it was soooo muddy!!! we came back covered in it! I saw Claire Balding and Rob Bydon too! Off work today, as so full of cold. OH is making me drink honey and lemon as can't take anything else. Scan tomorrow!

I like the idea of the twist in X Factor, was disappointed Gamu didn't get through. Apprenlty that Katie is already a recording artist, and has had 2 albums already, so they had to get the lawyers in to clear her for the show as they are not allowed to have recorded anything! I'm hoping for matt (the painter, his voice is amazing!) and rebecca (the girl from liverpool).

Rachel sorry work is a bit pants at the moment, try to ignore nana if you can, i think they just don't think before they speak. My nan had 5 miscarriages, and when i told her i had miscarried she said 'maybe your like me!', not helpful but i know she did not mean it that way.

Helen, i can't belive you are an egg plant now! 14 weeks is not long at all!

M2A sorry about the mix up at the hospital, not really what you needed xx

Jo glad your having such a good time with your parents, take care of yourself, hope the GP is of some help xx

Happy V day Lucy for last weekend!! xxx

Lauren that suit looks lovely xxx

Two quick things from me girls.....

M&S sale starts today and they have some lovely baby clothes. I'm off to buy everything I can find!

Just posted my 32 week bump pic in my journal xxx

M2A, I personally would go for the amnio, so you'll know your % chance and whether you need to start thinking about dealing with it or not. At least that way you will know, but thats just my take xx

afm, high on the cbfm today, CD11, so looks like nookie tonight for us!

Enjoy the sale shopping Lolly x

Hi girls!!! lots to catch up on!! got back last night from the lakes, had a nice weekend, weather was windy and rainy though!! m2a, sorry u had to go through that. it does need sorting, a month after my mc i got my notes, scan date and midwife letter through :-( Rach... good luck!!! Jo, hope it all goes well with your bp. sorry for quick update... got to rush and pick Jess up from school! xx

Get those legs in the air Rachel !! PMA to you!!

hx

Back from scan, strong heartbeat seen and sonographer said buba was burrowed well and in good position. Measured 5mm, which was ok for my dates. Didn't get picture, but going to book private scan in half term, so be 9 weeks by then.

That's great news Lou! I had one at 7 and then again at 9 weeks and the difference was amazing!

I'm off to a parent craft talk on home birth tonight at the hospital. OH is away in Manchester with work and my Mum couldn't come so I'm dragging my step Mum along for support!

I've had a letter today from my GP asking me to make an appointment to have a flu jab. Does anyone have any thoughts / experiences to share on this? It sees to be the regular flu jab rather than swine flu. I'm not sure whether I should have it or not......:shrug:

brilliant lou!! you must be so happy!!! Lauren are you thinking of home birth then?? as for the flu jab, i'm torn on what to do tbh. i'm dreading having to make the choice. no help to you though, sorry!! Hope everyone else is ok xx

I'm thinking I might HAVE to have the flu jab - I am asthmatic so I have this every year as the flu really is bad for me - I have to go on steroids if I get it - plus I work in a big place where the sickness policy really drives people to come in when they are poorly.

As for the swine flu - mmmmm - not sure - had it last year and no bad effects but the scare stories for pg women really stress me out... I might see if it actually comes to something this year...

hx

Lou - thats fab news, congratulations xxxxxxxxx

Not sure about teh flu jab, will talk it over with midwife/gp when it arises - I know lots of friends who had swine flu jab last year when pregnant and all was ok so I will prob go for it.

Just been to yoga and now back to a pasta bake cooked by OH and teh apprentice. Perfect!! xxxxxxxx

Just got in from the pub, I can't wait for the apprentice!

Personally I would give the flu jab a miss but with your asthma H, I don't know what I would go for. If you've had the flu often in your life I would be more inclined than if i had never had it. Its a toughie (sorry this advice is probably no help!)

As for sime flu - hasnt that gone away now? Surely they are offering that jab just to use their stocks up!!

Very excited apprentice is back!

Personally I'm not sure about the normal flu jab, as I work with kids and I'm more likely to catch it as they bring in germs, so would have serious think about it if/when it gets offered. Swine flu I think has disappeared?? Not seen it advertised much the jab, and with that being so new and untested I'd give that a miss. Nit sure if that helps! X

Lou - Congrats on the scan. I am so happy for you, I am sure that you will get some lovely pictures at your 9 week scan, its so soon.

Lolly - I had the flu jab when I was pregnant with Euan as unfortunately being a nurse its mandatory to work in the hospital. If you refuse to get it and there is a flu outbreak then you are off work with no pay. There are flu jabs that are thymeresol free for pregnancy so they are safer to use. I am undecided about getting one this year too, I will decide nearer the time.

I went to the GP and had my BP checked it was a bit on the low side but nothing compared to the safeway machine so that was fine...
Had a good and bad day today. My parents went home so I was gutted, I went into say goodbye to them this morning at 5.30 and my mum was fine, my dad was crying and i left the house crying. I was walking up to the train sobbing my heart out then I puked... the day improved from there. Being back at work is pants of course but then it always is after a break, the day was pretty fast. I felt pretty flat and felt emotionally and physically drained really, yes that is dramatic. Now I am home, Euan is still napping, I saw my hubby alone for a little while and I am lying on the sofa feeling pretty relaxed and I am in my PJs, the best thing about it is I don't have a bra on since my dad isn't here anymore. Its quite nice actually!

I have my midwife appointment tomorrow so will go armed with questions, and as usual I am filled with fear about stuff not being right. I had a phone call from her the other day saying that my SIPS test which was the combination of the 2 triple screens and also the Nuchal Translucency was totally fine, negative and put me at 1:8100 for downs and fairly good stats for others too, was very pleased. I have my 20 week scan on Friday which I am looking forward to aswell.... will buy a few pictures and then put them on here finally for you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->