Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Lolly are you getting a TENS and have you ordered it yet? I'm thinking about doing that this week, and packing my hospital bag.

Toni xx

A friend gave me her TENS as she ended up having a c-section so it was brand new in the box. I haven't taken it out of the box yet but we had a practise with one (on our arm) at our NCT class a couple of weeks ago. It was a really weird sensation and it stopped my fingers working properly so it must do something! I'm going to start trying mine on my back from 37 weeks as I've read you need to build a tolerance to the sensation for it to work well in labour.

Hi!! Lou, lovely scan photos!!! Glad you're doing well x had my physio appointment today, have exercises to do, a list of things I can't do, I'm restricted in what positions I can give birth in, and I have to wear a support belt. After she'd checked me she said the ligament over the front of my pubic bone is really weak. Hopefully the belt and exercises will help though xx

M2A - hope you're feeling better :flower: can't wait to see what team you're on!!

Good luck on the bathroom Toni - glad that I'm not the only one dealing with domestic logostics!!

Rachel - glad the bloods came back looking good :) hope you're feeling positive

Lou - fab pic there - cute beany stretching the little arm and leg buds - cuuuute :)

Yeyyyy 22 weeks Jo !!! just 2 weeks to v day!!

Em - hope the excercises help :)

Lauren - loving and v jealous of the cosy days in.

I went halves with my friend on a tens machine - she's had her baby and says it was fab!

I am starting mat leave on 23rd December all being well :happydance:

Fell asleep in the relaxation at pg yoga today - ooops! stressed a little too as someone parked v close to my car and had to squeeze in - have felt Ollie kick since - just hope I didn't squish him!!

GTT test in the morning - fxd!!!!!!!!!!

hx

Good luck with the GGT I am sure it will be fine.

I think I might be joining some of you and developing SPD although for me its just the SP part... I have pain right on my pubic bone its ok in the morning but as the day goes on it gets pretty sore and by bed time its just a relief to get to bed. I don't have any hip pain though which I know is common. This time around things are happening quicker, I have way more tummy stretching pains, i am already feeling a bit breathless and wishing I was going off on mat leave.

I think a TENS machine will be great to try when your in labour.... looking forward to hearing all your labour stories and hearing how the TENS worked for you.

Not planning on starting mat leave until mid Feb at 38 weeks.. perhaps that is a tad optimistic, I may have to take some sick time first as we accrue it over here with time worked and at the moment I have 106 hours of sick time. I also have all of next years vacation entitlement to take before going on mat leave too so hoping not to be around too much before mat leave officially starts.

Lou - I'm so sorry I missed your scan pics! It's amazing looking back at my 7 and 9 week scan pics now Livi is so plain to see in my tummy! It's magical - congratulations.

I'm copying this from my journal as it's a bit long to type again..... Well, we had a bit of a dramatic evening last night. I was getting pretty worried as I hadn't felt Livi moving much yesterday. OH kept ringing me all day and, everytime he asked, I had to say I still hadn't felt her. Anyway, when he got home from work, he rang our friend who's a midwife and she said we should go in to the labour ward. She rang ahead for us and, when we got there, they put us straight in a private room and were absolutely lovely to us.

They put a belt monitor on me and, after half an hour, thankfully we had the all clear. The monitor was a strange experience measuring Livi's heartrate (baby's heartrates go up and down quite dramatically when you're watching them on a moinitor!), my heartrate, baby movements and uterus activity. It was fascinating, if not a little scary. I'm glad we went now though as I think I'll know not to worry if she slows down again.

Panic over - we're both very relieved parents to be and treated ourselves to a Domino's pizza on the way home from hospital!

Lou - beautiful scan pic, congratulations on your little darling, gosh it only seems day since I got my first pic at 7 weeks, sometimes this pregnancy has seemed to drag but sometimes it seems to rush.

Very stressed at moment - think I've told you I have my own clothes shop with my mum - well two long term members of staff have left this year, one went on maternity in feb and the other went off to do a university course in sept. I now only have one part timer who is fab but she only covers 3 days a week, I've been advertising for weeks but no one suitable has applied, I'm really worried I'm not going to get anyone and I'll be working up till I give birth and straight back in the day after with baby. Its a nightmare, for two years I've been so lucky having two really good reliable ladies but now I really need someone and there's noone. Just keep praying someone fab turns up.

Lolly so glad all ok, must have been scary - my LO very active now and I get so worried if she goes quiet, always have something sweet to try and get her going. Definitely always best to go to hospital to be on safe side. Have you packed your bag for hospital? I need to get a Tens, not sure whether to hire or buy.

Aaah mum has turned up unexpectedly, love her but I'm trying to get on with some jobs not entertaining!!

Back later xxxxx

Lauren - so glad Livi is nice and cosy and well in there - a well deserved dominos there!!

Lucy :hugs: you'd think you would have no probs getting people with the job market as it is!!! crazy!!

Back from GTT testing - fxd - will call in after 7pm to find out....

hx

Lolly - so glad all was ok with Livi. I remember being hooked up to the monitor a couple of times close to the end... one for the same reason and the other as I had a false labour and they wanted to check me out. Your right it is wierd seeing and hearing the heartbeat like that, its so variable. Sounds like a well deserved domino's on the way home. BTW that sounds yummy and it really shouldn't since its 8.24 in the morning.

Came into work super early today as I woke up at 4.30, thought I might as well come into work and I will go home early instead which sounds nice and see DH a bit more before he leaves for work.

Lauren so glad all is well with Livi. The dominos was def well deserved there!

Lucy sorry to hear its so busy at work. You would think someone must need a job in the current climate!

Jo sounds like a good plan to come home early, hope your day goes nice and quick for you.

Helen good luck with the test results tonight x

Em hope the belt and exercises give you some relief x

Currenlty i'm planning to work up to 38 weeks, i was considering 40!! Its exam time at work so my classes will need revision before their exams so feel bad leaving them at such a time.

AFM spent day over mother in laws as felt so rough with MS today i just needed the company and OH is at westham tonight. She made me nice dinner which i managed to eat half of.

GTT came back normal - what a relief :happydance:

hx

:flower: hullo ladies!

popping in to say congrats on all the great news!

yaaaay KANGA! :happydance: congrats and yipeeee

so lovely to hear all your pregnancies are healthy. From what I read, not without their ups and downs but... ohhhh I can't wait to see baby pic.s :baby:

My lap, hyst. went really well, removed a couple wee spots of endo, a teeny tiny polyp and 3 very large (plum sized) cysts from my ovaries. labs/hystology all came back good. original plan was to sneak in dye studies but... as he has to do at end of procedure (beginning would make field too messy) my tubes more than likely spasm'd from Dr. being in there too long and disturbing the peace. doc said happens sometimes but my tubes wouldn't take the dye. so... now have to get HSG done separately at
$500- :growlmad:

planning christmas already, not rubbing it in but...weather here is getting nice and it's BBQ, boat and beach season. Still hard to wrap my head around Christmas in the summer.

each and everyone of you is in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare for your wee ones. be blessed :hugs:

i know i havent been here in a long time but why doesn't my signature work anymore :shrug:

Nice to see you here groovy - summer time sounds really nice, ah bliss you can be enjoying life on the beach when we are all freezing or in the rain in our respective parts of the world.

H - Great news on the test - I must admit I don't know what GTT is though??

Great to see you back Groovy - Glad all results have come reasonably clear. Lots of love to you.

Loving your avatar Lou!

I've had such a bad night, couldn't get to sleep at all as dull ache in lower back and pelvic pain reached new heights. I grudgingly took two paracetamol and must have drifted off eventually only to wake up at midnight having wet in the bed! I'm mortified! All on the day, I'd bought a waterproof sheet and maternity bed mats for my home birth (they weren't on the bed). I've been up since 3am feeling sick and just off colour. Just had some cheese on toast but it hasn't helped :-(

Lolly are you sure you wet the bed, it wasn't your waters or anything? I don't really know what waters are like but here are fore and hind ones. Maybe its worth calling the midwife and asking her since you have back and pelvic pain too. xx

Lauren, I'm thinking the same Hun, are u definately sure it was just wee?? How have you been today? Have you had any more wet patches? Or trickles?? Sorry, tmi, but with Devon I was doing my Christmas shopping and I had a trickle, but then it happened a few times and it was my hind waters. Keep an eye out sweetie, it may not be but best to be aware xxx Groovy, so glad you're ok, we missed you!! Pop back soon!! Xx Yay Helen!! Great news!! How are you doing Rach?? Xx

Lauren - You need to call your midwife if you have not done so already. If you are having lots of back and pelvic pain, and feeling crappy and not right it sounds like it could be the start of labour for you. I also agree and think it might be your waters and not pee. Hope your doing ok hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->