Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

I seem to have missed all the TTT saga but have just seen on fb that my SIL got 3 spares, so I'm hoping to steal one off her! Sounds like a nightmare though. You can probaly get seriously overpriced ones on ticketmasters sister site getmein.com!!

I'm feeling ok thank you, pretty normal. My bloat is back, I look 3 months already (not happy!), I've been dieting the last few weeks and had just got rid of my belly and now its back! I start to feel a bit rough if I haven't eaten for 3 hours or so, but no real ms yet. We have got through the first week so I guess that's something!

Rach glad to hear your doing ok... the bloat is so uncomfortable.

Have a good week everyone.

Bit belated but Happy Halloween... Did any of you do anything, get dressed up?

Hi all!

Hope everyone had a lovely Halloween weekend and, for those of us in the UK, enjoyed an extra hour in bed on Saturday night.

Afm - I'm on my last ticker box! It has hit me that I must be completely and utterly mentally unprepared for Livi's arrival. I think I've tricked myself into thinking I'll be pregnant forever. I just can't imagine that, in one month (or so), she'll be here and our lives will never be the same again. Don't get me wrong, I know our lives will be better and we'll be happy but it's actually becoming reality. For those stalking, my 36 week bump pic is in my journal.

We had friends to stay for the weekend and did some pumpkin carving which was fun. We enjoyed a fabulous home cooked Italian meal of Jamie Oliver's caprese salad, spinach and ricotta cannelloni with homemade pasta and Gordon Ramsey's tiramisu! I sipped about an inch of Prosecco which was heavenly but closely followed by Appletise (in a flute glass) for the rest of the evening.

I didn't manage to get any TT tickets in the end - less said about that the better. I'm so annoyed with the ticketmaster website.

What's news with everyone else?

Lolly - your meal sounds wonderful yum yum. I think its completely normal at this stage to be feeling the way you do, its a huge change in your life and yes your life will never be the same again. I suggest lots of dvd watching, book reading, trips to the cinema lots of stuff like this its hard to get the time for. I remember last time around about your stage every day looking into the nursery that was all ready and feeling more than a little freaked out.

Our clocks go back next weekend...

Its a horrible day today, very very wet nad dark still for 8.10am. Nasty.. I have a 15 minute walk from my house to the train and I so did not want to leave this morning. I got to work very wet but secretly quite pleased with myself I brought a change of tight sock things and also a change of shoes... i wore my hideous UGG boots to work and they are very wet so they are under my desk packed with paper and i hope they will be dry for hometime today.

Its going to be a very busy week for me this week.. I think I mentioned before that there used to be 4 coordinators now there are 3.. 1 girl is on vacation for 2 weeks from this week so its the 2 of us.. the other girl is only new about 4 weeks into the job so I have taken on all of my colleagues patient load not to mention I am the admission person this month... so every admission that needs to go into the transplant ward comes through me so that can be quite time consuming... on the upside its November and I have until the end of the year to work full time, which is not very much and then I have 4 weeks of holidays to take before going on mat leave mid Feb so its all very nice to be on a count down.

23 weeks today so one more week to v day...

Anyway better get on with some work.. no doubt I will check in with you guys later as I am working through lunch breaks.

Hi Goddess, hope your day at work isnt too strenuous. One 1 week to v day, v exciting!

Lolly your meal sounds yum, you have given me inspiration for my dinner party next Saturday. My bro, Mum and little niece are coming over and we'll probably get some fireworks and sparklers out in the garden!

Spent all of yesterday painting the dining room, its looks great! Surprising what a lick of paint can do!

Just remembered that it is my pelvic scan on Wednesday. They said it is like a pregnancy scan, so I guess if i wanted i could see what sac was in there. I dont know whether or not to go. Positives - it could highlight any potential pelvic/uterus issues. Negatives - there may be no sac or hb and I'll be really upset. I have already decided to not have a scan this time until my anomoly scan. What do you think I should do?

I can't postpone it a few weeks as they dont have any more slots until after Xmas now.

On a positive note, I am feeling a bit rough this afternoon :happydance:

Lovely meal Lauren :) glad you had a fab time.

Hope your day passes swiftly Jo :)

I would take the scan Rachel - but bear in mind that it might be too early for a hb?

hx

As Helen said, it might still be too early for a hb yet, but I'd take the scan for the reasons you wrote above. Lauren, meal sounded lovely!! My friend held a Halloween party for the children, my two went as a witch and a skeleton!! They had fun!! X

Hi rachel - glad you are doing well, i agree with helen and em about the scan. How are you feeling otherwise?

Lauren your meal sounds lovely! your bump is def coming along!

How are you Helen? Have you managed to get some better sleep?

M2A hope your feeling better this week xx

AFM 10 weeks today! Made a cheesecake today, looks yummy in my fridge, but spend ages today trying to look up if i can have philidephia type soft cheese as thats what its made from! Their website says yes, so taking it that Tesco own brand the same (fingers crossed!) Just need to make my stawberry sause now :winkwink: oh and a bump as appeared after dinner! Ha ha!

nah - still rubbish - hoping for tonight!!

mmm cheesecake -
have a fab recipe for one - will post it if I can find it

hx

Thanks for your advice. I decided I will go, I'm going to be going solo as dh can't get the time off work, eek!

Looking forward to your cheesecake recipe Helen!

Lou, glad all is well with you! Not long til you hit the 12 week mark x

Looking out for the cheesecake recipe too girls sounds delicious.

Just settling down with a mug of Ovaltine to catch up here. I've never tried Ovaltine but had a free sachet in my Bounty pack which I collected this week. I'm freezing this afternoon and it's so windy outside, I thought it would be an appropriate time to give it a whirl!

Rach - I'm so glad you decided to go for the scan. I think you would have regretted it if you had decided against it. Keep us posted on how it goes, will be thinking of you.

Lou - Is your 12 week scan booked yet? Sorry if I've missed that info if you've already posted.

All this talk of cheesecake reminded me that I saw Nigella making a lovely looking fruit tart on telly the other day. It was a crushed biscuit base with a lemon curd and cream layer, topped with berries - it looked so easy and really yummy.

In my department - I've put the waterproof sheet on the bed (not too crinkly or noisy thankfully) and have my maternity mats at the ready. Just finished reading Home Birth by Nicky Wesson and it's got me feeling less inclined toward a home birth for some reason. I'm getting a little apprehensive about the whole thing but will wait and see what transpires after my midwife visits on Thursday.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8571/sticky-toffee-cheesecake

Here it is :) it's yum if a little heavy on the calories :)

Is there anyone that can go with you Rachel? I would hate to go it alone myself

Lauren - my oh won't consider a home birth so haven't had to think about it - I think if you've had a trouble free pg there's nothing to worry about - what is it that puts you off?

hx

That looks yum and very calorific, perfect for a treat! I'm cooking tandoori chicken on Saturday and have just found a lovely sweet potato side dish on that website, so thanks Helen.

No there's no-one I can go with. I will be brave and go it alone! Just trying to work out travel arrangements, we only have one car so it is going to be public transport, it looks like a long journey which would take about 20 mins in the car.

I called the hospital again yesterday as I forgot the time. I mentioned again that I was pg and was it still ok to come. The person I spoke to told me that as I am a referee of the mcu, I can call a special number 'Silver Star' and they will start scanning me from about 7 weeks if I want. It's great to know the option is there if I want it.

Also, I'm really struggling at work atm, I can't concentrate and I spend a lot of time crying. I went to see HR who sent me home and to the doctors. My doc has signed me off for a week. I don't really know if this is a good thing as the same problems will be waiting for me when I get back to work next week. But alas, at least I have a week off. I am going to be so BORED!

Hi all,

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4653/strawberry-cheesecake-in-4-easy-steps-
this was my cheesecake, same website as Helens :winkwink: OH took half to work yesterday, and they are now requesting that i make them a cake each week! I'll have to try Helens one now!

Rachel you are very brave going alone, is it a hard journey with a lot of changes then? Sometimes its better to take the time for yourself, esp if work is causing you more stress than you need right now. :hugs: Thats good to know, you in case you want to take up the option.

Lauren my scan is on the 16th Nov. What's changing your mind about the home birth? Was it something from the book?

AFM back to work today for a meeting about changes to my timetable. Not much has changed at all so going with a list of concerns/worries. Doc's again tonight just in case i don't feel comfortable going back. Cramps this morning freaking me out again, just feel like i'm really tearful this week, i know its cause i started bleeding this week with the twins, but in the back of my mind i'm so worried beans HB has stopped and my progestrone i'm taking will cover it up until my scan. Maybe work will be good for me, take my mind off it a bit.

Hope you all having a nice day :hugs:

Yay for the cheesecakes! I've been thinking about baking a Christmas cake next week while I have time on my hands. I've never made one before but would be nice to have in the cupboard when we get visitors over Crimbo. Any recipe recommendations?

I'm not going to rush into a decision about home birth as I always have the option to stay at home until I'm in advanced labour and then transfer to hospital if I feel the need anyway. My midwife (who, incidentally, I haven't 'clicked' with), is visiting OH and I at home tomorrow so I'm hoping she'll be able to run through my concerns.

The book I've read was extremely objective BUT the final chapter was about still birth and neonatal death. I think this was a really badly placed chapter as I ended the book absolutely shi**ing myself that the worst wil happen. The basis of the chapter was that the women who had experienced such tradgedy after a home birth were all glad it happened at home and not in a hospital surrounded by strangers. The deaths alledgedly couldn't have been prevented had the babies been delivered in hospital but it's still got me thinking "am I being irresponsible?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->