Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Yay to 3rd tri Em, its come around really quickly! I was considering a birthing centre when I looked into it all the first time I got pg. I was really impressed with what is on offer - far more birthing pools, sensory rooms, normal rooms. You are not rushed in or out of there. I thought it seemed more like a home birth but with the safety net of more midwives and there would be other mothers to talk to afterwards. For my second or third child if I had already gone through it, I would probably go for it. For my first I am actually thinking c section to avoid the worry of what may go wrong.

Thanks for all your advice. I think I agree and will probably come clean tomorrow. Feel slightly bad as I havent told family yet!

I agree with the others, I would definitely tell your colleagues about it aswell so they can understand a bit more, and in turn be more supportive. I know what you mean though about feeling guilty... I told work too before my family and yes I felt guilty about it too but they are never going to know.

Rach i told everyone straight away this time, more so incase anything went wrong they knew what id already been through and could support me better :thumbup:

Yay to 3rd tri em!

Had midwife today, i declined the downs and spina bifida tests, listened to heartbeat, felt uterus, blood pressure, wee the usual crap lol. Then discussed homebirth :yipee: the midwife is more than happy with this choice, says in this area its becomining more and more popular, and that when i go back for my next app at 23 weeks on 22nd dec, to have made a defo decision so we can get the ball rolling with sorting it out, its soemthing i really want, but will see how my health progresses throughout just now, but FX'ed x

Rachel - glad your first day back went well. I told my work early and before my family. It helped with them understanding what is going on. So glad your work is being supportive since your return.

Em - happy 3rd Tri! I'm looking into birthing centre too, as not sure on hopsital or home. Think they are really nice, more space, pools etc. And the one nearish us has double rooms so dads do not have to go home after. Only prob for me is they are 45 mins away, so doubt i be allowed to go!!

Lauren - sounds like you are all ready, let us know how the raspberry tea and tens machine are. When do you see your midwife again?

M2A - good news on midwife!

OH laughed at my 'bump' picture i got him to take today! I can see a diff, but in the picture it doesn't show much. Popped it in my journel, as just wanted to watch my body change each week but can't see diff between 10 and 11! I was told at my internal i have an inverted unterus, does anyone know if this means i'll show later??

Not sure how an inverted uterus would impact your bump - I think it'll be a couple of weeks before anyone other than you will be able to see the diiference :flower: Glad the ms is gettig better :)

Yey to homebirth news M2A :) not long till your past the halfway point - are you finding it's going quicker now?

31 weeks for me tomorrow :) 9 weeks left !!!

hx

Oh wow Helen! Really not long now!! When foes mat leave start?

Just been searching it, not much on it, but found it's calked retroverted! Doh! Silly me forgetting what she said! Looking forward to an ikle bump!

Helen you are getting on wow 9 weeks to go.. so fast.

Lou - I have a retroverted uterus also or commonly called a tilted uterus. I did not start showing until about 26-27 weeks first time around and I never got very big at all which was a bonus actually at the end. This time I started showing early ish and my bump is reasonable at 24 weeks but it doesn't seem to be growing any. My MW tells me its because yes there is more room for baby to grow in.

I have a MW appointment tomorrow and there are a few things I need to discuss with her, I checked my last pee sample from last week on my computer at work yesterday(yes I am technically not supposed to but I figured if I have access to my own results I will cheekily check).. and it appears that my urine infection is still there despite my course of antibiotics... my first sample was >100 million coliforms and this time it was 90 million so it is going down so I suspect that I will be put onto a stronger dose of antibiotics. I want to ask about getting a flu shot aswell.. I know its recommended in pregnancy esp if you are pregnant in flu season and if babe will be born in the flu season but just not that comfortable with it.

They don't have any birthing centers over here which is a shame they sound nice. M2A hope everything goes well on having the homebirth there are quite a few of us then wanting that... I am going to take some advice from Lauren once she has had the wee one.

6 weeks left - maternity leave starts 23rd December - I am off this week and off the week 6th December and then 17th December for a day ( poss the 16th December afternoon too ) so less than 5 actual working weeks left :)

Although with all the stuff I need to do both at work and to prepare for Ollie I am feeling very overwhelmed.

Good luck for your MW appt - I have one tomorrow too - hope your infection is sorted soon :)

hx

Hi all,

I'm afraid I have a worrying update from Lucy (Queenie Murphy). She has contacted me via Facebook as she can't get on here with her phone. Her waters broke during yoga last night and she has been in hospital ever since.

She's on a drip to try and slow her contractions and has been given steroids for the baby's lungs. I've told her we're all thinking of her and praying everything will be ok. I'll report back with any updates.

Hi all,

I'm afraid I have a worrying update from Lucy (Queenie Murphy). She has contacted me via Facebook as she can't get on here with her phone. Her waters broke during yoga last night and she has been in hospital ever since.

She's on a drip to try and slow her contractions and has been given steroids for the baby's lungs. I've told her we're all thinking of her and praying everything will be ok. I'll report back with any updates.

Oh no, poor Lucy :-( how scary for her. Will have her and baby in my thoughts and prayers, hopefully they'll be able to help. Fingers crossed for her xx

Poor Lucy, she and her baby will be in my thoughts. Hope the hospital is able to help. My fingers are very tightly crossed for Lucy xxx sending lots of hugs and love Lucy xxxx

Lucy is now 8cm dilated and her baby is on its way. The hospital have said they are very positive about the outcome - she is 29+5.

Lets all pray that our first Cyber Cycle Baby is as happy and healthy as possible.

xx

Oh my goodness, Lucy I am thinking about you and your hubby & baby. I have every crossed for you all and am sure it will be a good outcome. I'll be thinking about you all day and look forward to an update later x

I can't believe the first CCS baby is coming today!

Oh Lucy - I hope she and her little girl are ok!

Hang in there Lucy!! :hugs:

Thank you for the update Lauren :flower:

hx

And on the 2nd tri forum they had a list of statistics for preemie babies born at different stages and at this stage the statistics are very much in Lucy's favour - keeping fingers and toes crossed

hx

Thanks for the update lauren. Thinking of Lucy all day, and her oh and baby xxx

And on the 2nd tri forum they had a list of statistics for preemie babies born at different stages and at this stage the statistics are very much in Lucy's favour - keeping fingers and toes crossed

hx

I saw that too, looks very positive. Thoughts are with Lucy, OH and baby. She must be so scared. Will keep checking for updates, thanks Lauren. Love to Lucy xx

Thanks for the update. Its hard to believe she's on her way and probably here by now. xxx

I'm sorry for the delayed update - OH and I have had a pretty horrible evening all 'round. More about me another time.

Lucy had her beautiful little girl earlier today weighing in at 3lbs 4oz. She seems to be doing well and Lucy is staying in for another two nights before she'll be home. I'm not sure of any other details but thought while I was up at this crazy hour, I should make sure you're up to date.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->