Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Hi all,

I'm afraid I haven't had any more updates from Lucy - I'm really hoping she, her OH and princess are doing well.

What a crappy couple of days I've had! Thans for your concern girls. I'm so worried a third and even worse fate is coming my way but I suppose there's nothing I can do if it is! Warning long story ahead! :coffee:

Well.... on Wednesday my beautiful baby boy cat failed to come home for his dinner. This, in itself, was extremely odd as in 11 years he has never failed to appear at the back door by 5pm. Anyway, OH and I stayed up all night (some people may think we're mad I know) looking for him in the wind and torrential rain with no success. OH went to work on Thursday morning so I set about searching all the hedges, farm buildings and fields etc around our house - again no luck. OH came home early from work and, while it was still light, we went and put up some missing posters in the local area. While we were out OH had a call on his mobile from our neighbour to say that a local girl had found an injured cat in the road the day before and had taken it to the vets but it couldn't be saved. OH told me and I collapsed on the road in a hysterical heap - I just couldn't keep it together. We rang the vets she had taken it to and suggested that we go and see whether it was our boy. I didn't think I could do it so OH went in to identify him while I waited outside. I could see through the glass door that OH was crying so decided to go in and say goodbye which was absolutely devastating. I know it's better to have closure and know what happened but he was taken from us far too soon and we are heartbroken. We've just been and found the girl who tried to help him and given her a letter I wrote to say thank you. What a kind, lovely person to bother trying to save him.

OH didn't go into work yesterday as I think he was worried about my fragile state. We spent the morning feeling sorry for ourselves and then OH managed to walk into the bed and both fracture and dislocate his toe. We spent the rest of the day in A&E having xrays and treatment and now he's on crutches!

Anyway, enough about me - I'm being self indulgent wittering on about my problems. No twinges yet - just been for our antenatal class at the hospital. Didn't really learn anything new but it was worth going as it feels that bit more real again now.

Will keep you posted as and when I hear from Lucy - Did you drop a card in afterwards Mrs G?

Attachments

• Clydey Small.JPG
    Clydey Small.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
Lauren - It does sound like a horrible few days you have had for sure. I would have been the same if I was my cat too.. we will have had her for 11 years in April and I cannot imagine what you have been through. Glad your feeling ok. My hubby did something similar recently he bashed his toe of a bit of the sofa and I am sure he fractured it too, it was his little toe.. but he refused to go to A&E. He hobbled about for awhile but it seems to be ok so perhaps it was just lots of bruising.

I hope everything is ok with Lucy and her LO, was thinking about them during the night. Its funny how we have really developed into quite the little support groups, I feel like your all friends even though we have never and wont ever meet. Thanks for all the support.

Hope all the scans and everything go well next week.

Lauren so sorry to hear about your cat xx you must be deversated xx My fur babies mean the world to me, so i can imagine what you are going through, sending you a big :hug: Sorry to hear about OH too, is he in much pain with it?

Rachel will be thinking of you on Monday. How far gone will you be by then? Glad Oh can make it with you. A long hangover is pretty much how i would discribe my first tri too, so hopeforlly a good sign xx Don't worry about the food too much, if it makes you feel any better i feel so rubbish with the sickness that the only foods i can eat the past 4 weeks are chips (and proper home made ones!), chicken, roast potatos, burgers, breaded chicken, crisps etc. I can not stomach veg (which OH finds very funny, saying it's def a stratty in there!)! And it used to fill half my plate!! Hoping to get back to balanced diet in 2nd tri xx

Jo it must have been a dreadful 90 minutes for you and OH. Glad Euan is all safe and sound. I know what you mean, all thursday i was thinking of lucy, kept checking FB and here to see for any news, i feel you are all friends too, even though we have never met x

Helen great news that everything is going good!

Hope everythings ok with Lucy. OH and LO xx

Scan for me on Tuesday, 12+1. Been trying to keep myself busy to not think about it, made choc chip muffins, a cheesecake and apple crumble!! Got OH's parents round for sunday lunch tomorrow so that should keep me busy too. Not sleeping well at night though, think the worry is coming out in my sleep, very dreamy.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend xx

Lolly again I'm so sorry. I did the same thing as the little girl a few weeks ago. I initially thought it was my cat and jumped out the car while it was still moving and ran over to the cat on the grass verge, I was in floods of tears and my heart dropped out my body, so I feel what you're going through. Cat's are so amazing. Lots of :kiss: for yours x

oh Lou, yum yum, apple crumble, I could murder some apple crumble right now with lashings of cream!!

I'll be 7+3 by lmp on Monday, and 6+6 by the early scan I had. Hoping the dates may line up a bit and I'll be nearer the 7+3.

Goddess, I agree, we all seem a really good fit together and I love this group. We have come a long way since Lolly got her bfp on the first CCS x
Had a great nap this afternoon! watching strictly now x

Group hug :hugs: Jo - if you ever visit the UK again then I'm sure we would all have to meet up then!!

big scan week next week then - keeping fxd for Rachel and Lou :)

mmm Lou - loving the baking groove you've got going on!!

Rachel - scans are +/- 5 days anyway - particularly that early :)

AFM - just had a danisg pastry and getting ready for xfaxtor :)

hx

Hi girls! Rach, brilliant that oh can make it!! It's not nice having scans on your own. My first tri was exactly the same, sickness is a great sign apparantly!!! X
Lauren, I lost my furbaby Nemo in a car accident while I was pregnant with Jessica, it was devastating. And my first furbaby Sooty lived to 15 years, I saw her being born, and kind of grew up with her iykwim. Now we have Lola, she's 2 but is like a kitten. I can imagine how you both feel. Xx
Lou... Where have those 12 weeks gone? Wow!!! 2 scans this week then! Looking forward to some pics!! X
It is funny how we all have stayed as a group, you're all great, I hope we stay in touch after the babies are born!! Xx
Right, I'm going for my Chinese now, and to watch X factor!! OH is off now until Monday which is nice, he can finally come to a midwife appointment with me!! Hope you all have a lovely weekend! Hugs, Em xx

I know, i'm still in disbelief, really didn't think I would fall preg that month and did!! So pleasedi tryed the herbs now!! Glad oh can come with you, be nice for him to be there xx

loved the baking today! Kept thinking I will be doing this with my little one in a few years!

Rachel My first scan measured me at 5 to 6 weeks when I was 6+3. but had measured out fine by 9 weeks, so as Helen said I think it's hard to measure dead on that early so try not to worry if a few days out xx be thinking of you. Got loads of crumble left, made it for oh dad as he doesn't like cheesecake, so he can have muffin or crumble!

Yeah rach try not to worry to much my dates were all over the place so early hun.

LMP - Scan dates
7w - 6+4
8+4 - 7+6
10+3 - 10+2
12+2 - 13+1
13+2 - 13+2 :D it took a while for me dates to even out but they did but not until 13 weeks from LMP so try not to worry to much if they dont, after my 2nd scan i really paniced but things were ok :thumbup: x

Rach my dates were a bit all over the place too at the beginning and once the baby was bigger it all seemed to catch up. I have such a good feeling this time for you.. I would say the first 16 weeks for me were a bit of a long hangover feeling and i have to confess parts of it have not really left, I am still really tired but I think thats more to do with having a toddler around.

I am excited to catch up with all the scans next week.. Rach and Lou they are both going to be great.

I am sure we will all keep in touch when the babies are born.. we can just move our group over to another board hopefully or keep it here. Quite a few of us are on facebook too so thats a nice way of seeing pictures and stuff aswell.

Its 9.16pm and DH is on his way home from work with pizza hut take away.. so we are going to have a carpet picnic with it and watch an episode of a tv show called supernatural we have taped from last night.

Yeah im sure we all keep in touch once we all have our cyber cycle babies :) we can move over to the parenting groups if we cant stay here :)

Oh a pizza sounds nice :) hope you enjoy.

x

Good luck today rachel! Be thinking of you xxx

hope everyone had a nice weekend x

Rach, good luck today, will be thinking of you, but im sure all will be fine :flower:

Ive got a day of ironing ahead of me .... oh how exciting :lol:, and midwife again at 12.40pm, because the dopey cow didnt store my booking bloods properly and by the time they reached the hospital the blood had clotted :dohh: so here i am having my booking bloods done at almost 18 weeks pregnant :thumbup:, i really dont think my midwife should be a midwife, she has done everything wrong so far! :haha: x

Happy 12 weeks Lou!!! X
Good luck for the scan Rach, can't wait for the update later!! X
Midwife this morning for me, 28 week appointment so bloods :-( xx

Good luch Rachel - thinking of you

Happy 12 weeks Lou - you're a plum now!!! :)

Hope your MW appts go well M2A and Em :)

hx

Well...I'm back, Ollie seems fine, kicking away at the Doppler, measuring 29 cms, blood pressure and urine fine so I'm happy!!! :) Rob's not at work today so he's taken Devon out with his remote-controlled car, then we're going out for lunch. Then one of my best friend's dad's funeral, so a busy day, but sad. Will check in later for scan and appt updates!!! Em xx

Hi ladies, quick update from me! Scan was fine, she said I was measuring perfect for my dates, so back on track. she showed us the hb flickering away (I couldnt really see it!) and she was hapy with what she saw. Saw the doc afterwards & had bloods taken. The doc said that if you see an embryo measuring dtaes with a hb at the stage, then the chances of mc are low, so it was all good. Apart from the 4 hour wait!

Thanks for all your support x

Rachel great news so pleased for you! Thats a long wait, but well worth it! When are they seeing you again?

Glad the MW went well em xx

Hope MW went well M2A x

Thanks ladies, Can't quiet believe i'm 12 weeks, really hope alls well tomorrow!

Thanks Lou, I go back every 2 weeks until I am 14 weeks. They do bloods, urine & mrsa each time. It was 9mm today

GL tomorrow, happy 12 weeks!

Em, glad all went well x

How is your to-do list coming along H?

M2A, sounds like you need to have words with your midwife, lol, hope the ironing was fun ;)

Still no update from Lucy, I hope everything is well with them. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->