Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Helen...good luck with your floor!! X
Lou, pics are lovely, and so clear! So happy for you!!
Xx

Wow Lou, your scan pics are fab! You must be over the moon. Did they give you a date for your 20 week while you were there? As I recall, they made my 20 week appointment at my 12 week scan.

Lucy - I simply can't wait to see pics of Thalia!

H - that's great news on the BHs! I'm not getting any at all which seems strange but maybe it will all kick off for me without warning! I've got pg yoga tomorrow evening and I haven't been for 3 weeks. Something always seems to crop up on a Thursday.

It's the strangest feeling waking up every morning wondering if today will be the day. I know I can't influence when and where it will happen and, for a control freak like me, that's a bit of a nightmare! Yesterday a lady in John Lewis asked me when I was due so I told her and she replied (in a horrifed voice) "and you're out?!" I was like "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Should I really confine myself to the house until I go into labour? All the advice I've had has been to keep mobile and busy so I don't dwell on it. I've been reading that a lot of women who 'rest' in the last two weeks end up going overdue so I'm keeping busy! OH is on the end of the phone if I need him and I'm never far from home if I need to get back in a hurry.

Anyway, on that note, I'm off to meet two of the girls I met at our NCT class for coffee at Starbucks. Fingers crossed my waters won't break until I've finished my blueberry muffin and decaf mocha!

Lauren, I never had BH at all that I noticed in my first pregnancy!!! And I never stayed at home just in case baby came!! Really you could have another 2-3 weeks left....(sorry!!) xx

Hi lauren - no they didn't give it to me which was a shame, should be the first week of the new year. I rung them today and they said they just send a letter out, so a waiting game for me. No i don't think you should confine yourself to the house, you'll go stir crazy!! All i've read says that it is best to keep busy and going, and like you said you are not going far, and OH can get to you quickly. Hope you had nice time at starbucks, my friend made some really good friends from NCT.

I'm thinking of booking a private scan on my OH birthday, we have the midwife that day too, i'll be 16 weeks exactly! I think he would really like to know the sex (he doesn't mind either way but i'm guessing from what he's been saying he would love to know) and think it might be a lovely gift for him....its not too expensive anyway. We would not tell anyone else the sex (except you guys!) so be our secret. He is saying No to a doppler, so be chance for reasurrance for me too. What do you guys think?

Can't wait for the pics Lucy!

Went to aquasize today which was fun, back to work tomorrow, little worried but hoping it be ok.

Hope everyone is well today xx

Lucy has put a couple of fab pictures of Thalia on Facebook! She's so perfect and doesn't look as teeny as I thought she might. She looks really healthy and pink and seems to be enjoying cuddles with Mummy in one of the photos.

Unbelievably, Starbucks was shut! They'd had a leak so we had to go to Costa which wasn't as nice. They girls would good company though and we've all got the same fears at this late stage!

Lauren - I agree you don't need to be sitting at home at this point.. not sure why people think you should. I remember getting comments like that too, and once baby was born the first few days we were at home but I wanted to get outside too, and people were telling me that I should spend the first month at home without taking baby outside...hmm.
Pants about starbucks being closed...glad you got to see some pictures of Thalia I bet she is gorgeous.. can't wait to see some either.

Lou - i think a scan on that day would be nice, you can find out the gender and buy a little something afterwards..sounds like a fab present to me.

I can't really remember having BH.. I know that I for sure had lots of pains the weekend before I went into labour and the midwifes thought it was labour aswell and then it stopped... so it was just a practice run I suppose.

Lou - glad you enjoyed aquasize :) Good luck with work tomorrow :flower: Think the scan is a fab idea - you could go and buysomething blue or pink for baby and go out for tea to celebrate :)

Lauren - think staying active is a good plan. shucks about the coffe shop :thumbup: on the company :)

I think it was BH - my whole tummy went extremely tight - really took my breath away!!! lasted for about 15 mins then went down again??

Floor is down!!! just need heated towel rail in - the clean up begins!!! at least it is movement in the right direction!!

A bit miffed now - my mum and I had planned going shopping for Ollie - as my sis moved up here she was invited also. My mum suggested asking my MIL - which is fab and she said yes - now somehow along the line my sisters MIL has been invited - now I don't really like her - I'm perfectly polite and friendly to her when I see her at an event to do with my sis ( eg nephew's 1st birthday, sister's wedding etc etc ) but this is nothing to do with her, it's meant to be a day for Ollie and me - so have sent my mum a text saying this - I'm never difficult ( my sister is usually the difficult one!! ) and usually fit in with what everyone else does but this has really pissed me off - so now I've said that if she has to come ( eg they can't have the backbone to un-invite her or cancel her being there somehow ) then I won't be - will pick up my MIL and go shopping elsewhere - am well pissed off!!!

grrrrrr hx

I think that's fair enough to be honest. It's your day and a big day buying stuff for the arrival. It most definitely should be for you and people close to you for sure. I am sure they will understand at the end of the day.

Lou your scan pics are lovely, congrats! Have you booked the birthday scan yet, that would such a cool pressie x

Helen, It's your day and so make it what you want. Whoever invited the other MIL will have to have a word, I hope it turns out ok! x

afm, was seriously worried last night as nausea has dropped off and i couldn't sleep. really worried it is all ending again as I approach the 8 week mark tomorrow. Tempted to try and get another 'Silver Star' scan on Monday but I have 2 important meetings and am torn between ducking out of them & getting another scan. dh says to not worry in case it is a self fulfilling prophecy. I hate these early weeks, it truly is torture.

Big hugs Rach, if you feel you need the scan for reassurance I'd go, it's awful to worry. I remember my first 12 weeks was just about poas and checking for blood. So scary. Xx

:hugs: rach, if you feel a scan will reassure you then go for it :) the worrying constantly is awful, i never thought i'd get to 2nd tri. Up until 13 weeks i had 6 scans and found them good for reassurance.

Lucy i cant wait to see pics of your beautiful girl and glad to here she is doing so well :flower:

Lou your scan pics are lovely :) so happy things are going well this time hun :hugs:

AFM - just back from the doctor and diagnosed with ante-natal depression :( not something im very happy about but im glad i've got things rolling sooner rather than later to avoid PND etc in the future, ive always suffered on and off with it and got worse after losing max and once i got that bfp again i thought i was fine....not really so fine...but pleased with myself for getting the help now insted of in 3/4 months time. x

m2A, my heart goes out to you hun, sorry you have pnd :hugs: Hopefully they have set you on course for deadling with it and it will ease in time for the baby making an appearance x

:hugs: Rachel - get a scan if you're worried - nothing such as that could cause a mc :hugs: being reassured will help

:hugs: M2A - I remember you were really down before you got your bfp - I think when we're ttcal that magic BFP is all you can think of - but it never addresses the grief you are feeling that is driving the depression - you will still feel that hole that losing Max left in your heart. It is good news that you're addressing it now - you want to be in a good place when you LO arrives - as you deserve to enjoy it and be happy :hugs:

hx

M2A, I have it too, it's really not nice. Mine started after I had Devon, and has definately got a lot worse during this pregnancy :-( they are aware how I am, and will monitor me after the birth. It's definately better to be aware and make others aware. Big hugs sweetie xxx

Rach - huge hugs to you. I would get a scan too if you can, its really the only thing that can reassure us at this stage. We all know how your feeling we have been there.

I am a bit worried too... have not felt the baby move since very early yesterday evening.. which is a bit unusual. I am hoping he/she is asleep or behind the placenta. About to have some weetabix for breakfast and going to put a tonne of sugar on it to see if I can get some movement after. I also have very swollen feet that I noticed last night once I finally got to bed.

Jo, try laying on your left side after drinking/eating something sugary. ( if you can!! Keep forgetting the time difference!) but get checked out if you're still worried xx

Def get checked out Jo - am sure everything will be fine but best be sure :hugs:

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"