Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Hi girls.. I am fine thanks for your concern.

Met my midwife at the hospital and she hooked me up to a fetal monitor and looked for contractions.. i told her already anyway that there were none it was just cramping.. so there were no contractions evident which was great. Babies heart rate steady although it disappeared quite a bit as he/she was bouncing around.

She did a speculum exam and looked at the cervix and said there was no fluid coming out of the cervix so she was pretty sure it was not any amniotic fluid or that there may have been a slight leakage earlier and it had stopped.

She also felt my cervix and said it was high, very hard and totally closed so no signs of having baby early.

I felt a bit of a fraud to be honest but I know I did the right thing getting it checked out.. she thinks since I have so many infections and bugs down there that my body perhaps released a massive amount of watery liquid to try and get rid of them all. She did lots more swabs and another pee test to see what is still there. She was so good and thorough and she told me that I had totally done the right thing to call her and get checked out since it was a pretty big change. I remember last time with Euan my discharge changed all the time but nothing so incredibly watery and noticeable.

So glad everything is ok... she gave me a bit of a scare at the start talking about giving birth to a 26 week old.

Which brings me onto Lucy..

Had a little cry too reading your story its beautiful and I can only imagine how fearful you would have been, but little Thalia truly is a trooper, and looking forward to seeing some more pics at some point. You did so well.

I forgot who brought up the boob issue... My normal boob size is massive 36GG I usually get all my bras from bravissimo.. when I had Euan I went up to an I cup which was a bit scary and I was actually worried that I might run out of sizes.. so far I bought 3 nursing bras from bravissimo all an I cup and I am actually wearing them now and scarily they are fitting well although they could do with being a bit bigger at the back. I am not sure what they will go up to once I give birth to this one. I cant remember how high the sizes go I am thinking a K cup...?? Can you imagine running out of available bras I would have to invent something to strap them up... how awful.

Lauren it sounds like some promising signs are happening... which is great, hope LO makes an appearance soon especially on the days your favourite midwife is on call, that would be fab. You could get them to do a stretch and sweep. They did that with me and I reckon that is what put me into labour.. I also had sex twice that day as I was trying everything.

Anyway am in bed, was off work today as DH had to go into work for some stuff so was looking after Euan, it was one of those difficult days... Euan was in a thouroughly bad mood all day and everything seemed to annoy and frustrate him, so we had a day of screaming, crying, tantrums and him spending alot of time on the naughty stair even though he is still too young to get it.

Thanks again everyone for your support. Am so glad to report nothing.

Realy glad to hear from you Jo - what a relief! You were 100% right to get checked out. My midwife always says that she would rather send 1,000 women back home healthy and well, after monitoring, than have one Mum afraid to come in with a problem.

Still nothing at my end - By my dates I'd be due on Saturday but my 'official' due date is Monday by my 12 week scan. I'd be so happy if it could start in the next few days though! Livi is moving around more than ever, especially in the evenings. Sorry if tmi but I even tried to have a feel of my cervix last night to see what was happening. I'm not that sure what I was looking for but I couldn't really feel anything!!

OMG, not sure you're going to believe this but Lucy has just contacted me to say MrsG has had her baby!! It's a boy!! She was near enough 36 weeks so, hopefully, both are doing well. Lucy said maternity had let her know, presumably as she'd dropped that card in for Lucy at Kingston.

I, cheekily, asked Lucy whether she could drop a card in from us (!)

I think we all need to keep our fingers and toes crossed for Mrs & BabyG.

xxx

Ps - No news from me!

Good news Jo :happydance:

Congratulations to MrsG and her LO :flower: - it's been a crazy couple of weeks and with Livi on her way and Dee due soon it's just going to get crazier!!

hx

PS Em - you are a squash!! the 3rd fruit from the end :) - I am moving to honey dew melon tomorrow I think at 33 weeks :)

hx

Congratulations to Mrs and BabyG!! Hope both her and LO are doing well xx

Jo so glad your ok, you did the right thing getting checked out xx

I don't get the fruit thing.. I really dont think that at 33 weeks baby is like a honeydew...

Wow another baby here already, congratulations to Mrs G, and cant wait to hear all about baby G.

Hi Ladies no baby turned up in neonates so I think Mrs G's little boy must be good and ready for home despite just over 35 weeks. Fab news for Mrs G - I was in the expressing room milking when the neonates receptionist said I had a message from a Mrs G on the labour ward - made me laugh - I have got a card for her presuming she's still there tomorrow but not sure what to write on front to make sure she gets it - does anyone know her surname? I'll put Toni G and hope for best if not!!!

L xxxxxxxx

Congratulations Toni and Baby G!! All these early babies! Hope they're doing well!! Xx

....and to think I presumed I'd have the first CCS baby! Still nothing from me I'm afraid. I can't believe I hadn't done it before but I looked back through my journal last night and figured out, from my CBFM peak date, we must have conceived on 4 March. This was my peak day and we bd'd morning and night! According to this conception date, my due date is today! I live in hope.....

Jo, excellent news that all is well x

Congratulations Mrs G! :happydance: What wonderful news to check in to this morning, hope m&b are doing well and I look forward to reading the birth story (I love reading birth stories!)

It could be today Lolly! Are you all prepared for the birth? have you been doing the hypno-stuff? and perenium massage ?!

Jo, excellent news that all is well x

Congratulations Mrs G! :happydance: What wonderful news to check in to this morning, hope m&b are doing well and I look forward to reading the birth story (I love reading birth stories!)

It could be today Lolly! Are you all prepared for the birth? have you been doing the hypno-stuff? and perenium massage ?!

Everyone keeps saying I'm shockingly laid back about everything. I've forgotten my raspberry leaf tea for the last week, not done any hypno reading whatsoever and neglected my perineum completely!

I have my dark coloured towels, massage oils, TENS, birthing ball and shower curtain at hand. I'm also feeling pretty prepared with my yoga breathing and active birth positions.

C'est la vie and all that at. I think I'm just so desperate to know Livi's ok that I don't care what happens to me during labour. It's a strange feeling - I want it to happen so much, I'm no longer scared of the getting there!

Ps - Has anyone had snow? I don't think it's coming my way (South Wales) but would be typical if the midwife couldn't get to me!

Sounds like you have it all in hand there Lolly, nice relaxed attitude!

We are due snow this weekend.

The day my SIL went into labour, the roads were really bad and they had a rear wheel drive which was crap for dealing with it. They were on their way back to the hospital for the second time and got stuck. She was trying to drive them out of an icy patch, while contracting, while my brother and several passers by pushed the car! She was not amused.

We've got snow here in Yorkshire! Not too bad but I did nearly slip over a few times walking Jessica to school!! Trying to stay in as much as I can as it's icy and if I do fall it'll be very hard to get back up with my SPD. Rob's a lorry driver and I don't like him driving in this weather either! :-/ x

Yup I have snow.. woke up to about 15cm of snow, was a bit of a struggle walking up to the sky train to get to work (its like the tube but above the road) and it was blizzarding at the same time.. there is supposed to be another 10-15cm during the day today so hopefully I can get back home again.

Lauren- it totally sounds like your prepared, congratulations on reaching your due date, thinking of you and hope you don't go too far over.

I tried to do the perineal massage but it never really helped as I tore anyway... I bought the tea bags but never drank any... you are sorted it will be fine your right, you get to a point that its no longer scary.

It is amazing to think there are 2 babies already with another one to be here very soon. Cant wait to here some more stories about it all.

This may be tmi ladies but I feel I can ask you anyway!

I just drove home from my Mum's which took about half an hour and during the journey I was getting terrible pressure pains down below and in my lower back. To be honest it felt like I suddenly needed a poo! I'm not that regular and have been a little constipated lately but have never had problems in that department. I felt like I might need to pull over and call my OH but I kept going determined to get myself home. I got in and rushed to the loo and (sorry in advance) did the biggest poo ever. It was really uncomfortable but the pains stopped straight away afterwards. Obviously I'm now thinking it was a false alarm but could it be the early early stages of something do you think? I've heard often your bowels get 'moving' in preparation but not sure how true this is.

Sorry to be a drama queen but I just don't know what to think and I don't want to call OH or my Mum and get them excited for nothing!

Thinking I might not go to pregnancy yoga tonight just in case??

OOO Lauren - hoping it is a clear out!!! How exciting!! Thank goodness you made it home!!

Gosh - that's ALOT of snow Jo - stay safe :)

And you Em!!

Yey for MrsG :wohoo: good reconnaissance work Lucy :)

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->