Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

:happydance: for 10 weeks Rach - 25% of the way there!! Next step - 12 week scan!

hx

Yay to 10 weeks rachel!! Don't worry about having a moan, I felt so rough up to 14 weeks so know how you feel. Don't worry about food, if it makes you feel better then go with it xx hope the red meat is nice over the weekend! When's your next scan?

Hope everyone has a nice weekend xx put the tree up today!!

Thanks guys xxxx
I've got a scan a week on Monday, the 13th. Then my 12 week scan on the 21st. Bring it on! Also bring on Friday the 17th as its my last day at work for almost 3 weeks!!

FXD you'll be feeling fab for your time off!!:)

Hi all,

I thought, now I've finally got a minute to spare, I'd fill you all in on how it all went. Still can't believe it's finally my turn to write my birth story!

To cut a very long story short, I’d been having those niggling pains all day but carried on as normal. In fact, at 5pm I was in Asda buying a pizza! I, reluctantly, agreed to let OH ring the midwife at about 6pm but I was convinced what I was having were only Braxton Hicks. Despite the snow, the midwife arrived at my house by about 7pm and, after I made her a quick cup of tea, she was amazed to examine me and discover I was 4cm dilated!

I decided it might be time to try my TENS but still wasn’t finding it that hard to breathe through the pains so stuck with that and paracetamol. I sat on my ball in the lounge throughout the whole labour only moving to the sofa to actually push. I started using gas and air at about midnight and she arrived, complication free, at 4.40am weighing 8lbs 1oz. She was delivered by one of my best friends (soon to be Livi's God Mother we've decided) and another midwife who were absolutely amazing.

The positions and breathing techniques I learnt in yoga definitely made a difference and my midwife also said she could tell I’d been drinking raspberry leaf tea as I only had to push for 55 minutes - so that obviously works too! The reading I did was invaluable and I used my aromatherapy oils on my pulse points as my TENS made back massage tricky!

Breast feeding is going really well so far and, other than a 2nd degree tear where she came out superman style, with her hand against her face, I’m feeling great. It's a tiring job but being a Mum is the most magical and life changing thing to ever happen to me. OH and I are truly besotted with our little Livi May - here's a picture so you can see why!

I'll pop back asap but things are pretty hectic here right now xxxxxxx

Attachments

• Small.JPG
    Small.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 4
Aww lauren :) shes so cute! Well done you, sounds like you had a great birth, hope your enjoying being a mummy x

Georgeous birth story and georgeous baby Livi - bet you're on :cloud9:

Congratulations Lauren :happydance:

hx

Well done Lauren! Great birth story. Livi looks gorgeous! x

Congratulations lauren! Lovely birth story! Livi is lovely!! Well done you xxxx

Congratulations Lauren I was looking forward to hearing your story, it sounds truly wonderful everything that I hope for all of us. You did so well, good job girl.

Your turn next goddess! Have you done your birth plan/packed your bag? xxxxxx

Oooh! Rach, it's not Jo... It's me!!! Aaagh!! 9 weeks to go!! Just realised! No birth plan and no hospital bag either!! X

Thought Helen was our jan baby?? Mind you they can come in any order as we have seen!! Lots of cyber babies coming up now!!

How's the birth plans and hospital bag packing going Helen, jo and em??

I need to pack my bag ( and buy the things to go in it!! ) write my birth plan - although I know what's going in it - also - need to build the stud wall - joiner is in tomorrow, put the house back together, clean everything, practise my hypnobirthing - have 2 sessions left, do perineal massage and finish up at work - I have this week off, then a 4 day week then a 3 day week ( lots to do at work too!! a project to finish off and loose ends to tie up).

Tomorrow I also have plumber in to put up heated towel rail and plumb in new dishwasher, I'm making a cheesecake for my sister ( her b-day was last week but it was month end ) as I am seeing her on Tuesday to go swimming with her and her LO - which is also my b-day. Then plastering on Wednesdayand the clean up begins!

Lunch with friends on Friday as well.

At least all my xmas shopping is done and wrapped!!

I am glad I'm busy tho as it's the anniversary of my mc this week..

crikey I have a lot to do - being tired with spd doesn't help!!

hx

I think its Helen then Emma then me.. so I have a few babes to go before its my turn.

I am not making a birth plan as such.. I would like a natural home birth but that depends on if DH comes round to that idea and as long as the pregnancy remains relatively uncomplicated. I will go with the flow and see what happens. I will do what it takes to get baby out safely.

Have had a horrible week with a really bad cold.. Euan started getting it last Sunday and basically he slept for a few hours a night, he still has the cold his little immune system is not really functioning well I suppose. I started getting it on Thursday and i guess since our immne systems dont work so well I have been floored with it. I could barely move out of bed on Friday so that wasn't good, and thankfully DH had taken a few nights of sick as I really could not have looked after Euan properly. To top off Euan's cold and not sleeping, he really is beginning to turn into the monster child.... he is approaching 2 and with his not sleeping and feeling unwell his behaviour has been really bad.. going from loving you with cuddles and kisses to screaming, hitting and kicking you in a second. I can now see why it is called the terrible two's, I need to get some behavioural books as i have been finding it a bit difficult to cope with, we are trying to be consistent with discipline but it does not seem to be working. Anyway that's my fun!

Sounds like you've got a lot planned for the next few weeks Helen. Hopeforly the busyness will keep your mind off the anniversary :hugs: Can't believe your only 5 weeks away!!

Jo hopeforly Euan is just playing up as he is feeling ill.

Scan and midwife for me tomorrow. Quiet excited!! Not sure whether to find out sex or not. Glad seeing midwife as still got the red rash on my boob, and now got it on my arms and back. I'm so ichy it's unbelievable!!

:hugs: Jo - Hope your little family is feeling better soon :flower:

Have a fab day tomorrow Lou!! Hope your rash is nothing :)

AFM - the heated towel rail is in and the "bones" of the stud wall are up.

A bit miffed with the joiner - the plan was he came as he did today and then he and the plasterer would come on Wednesday to plaster and finish off. So today he says he has another job ( with a chap who has jibbed him off in the past - unlike us who have arranged everything and provided ample tea and biscuits ) who wants it done by end of play Wednesday - so now he is coming tomorrow morning to do the plasterboard - my b-day - also meaning I can't go swimming with my sister and nephew ( humph!! ) and the plasterer and finishing off won't be done on Wednesday now - it will be Thursday!! I was wanting to start tidying up Thursday - I'm busy on Friday - heaven forbid I make plans around our orignally agreed dates for this work to be done - and it isn't like he's doing us a favour - he isn't cheap!! - so now no tidying up till the weekend - cheesed off doesn't even come close to it. OH didn't want to make a fuss - but in my book you don't mess paying customers around!! I've bitten my tongue but made it obvious I wasn't impressed - not only that - with everything a mess it's like being a prisoner in your own home - you just can't do anything - everything is everywhere and there is no point whatsoever in attempting to clean or start to organise things as there is nowhere for anything to go and there will be people trapsing through anyway so you'll take 1 ste forward and 5 back - I think I've said it before - GRRRRRRR trades folk!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR ( and humph for good measure!! )

hx

i agree H, trade folks can be so annoying sometimes. Our plumber was always doing that to us. We put up with it for a while as it was cash in hand, reasonable rates (!) but after a while i did get quite sterm and strict and setting deadlines. It must be a nightmare for you right now. And on your b-day too!1

Happy birthday!! :cake: hope you can stil get out and do something today for it xxxxxxx

My my I am in a muddle with all these dates. And I'm the one who writes them on the front page! sorry sisters.

pink - get writing that birth plan! Do you have any ideas as to what you want yet?

goddess - I hope dh can come round ot the home birth idea. My dh is the same. Going by Lolly's experience, it shows it can all work out well!

Lou, good luck today! v exciting! can't believe you are 16 weeks already xxxxx I have boob issues too, they have gone all lumpy. i assume its the ducts or something.. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->