Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

What are your birth plans - hypno/pool/start at home as long as poss and go in and hope you are 8cm?! (that's mine ;))

Currently having a nightmare trying to make a dvd from 3 films on the camcorder. My technology skills are terrible!

Thanks ladies, managed to make a spreadsheet with all the best prices on. What bedding do you use for a moses basket and whats a celleluar blanket? Had to run out of babies are us today as got all flastered with all the stuff there. My mums organising a shopping trip with me and my friend, so hopeforly they can help me. Keep seeing things and not knowing what they are or for or what i need!!

Sorry Helen to hear you not getting much rest, hope the sofa helps you. Not long now, sounds like he may be getting ready. How the house doing? x

Rachel i had to re-do my objectives to have them completed my the easter hols. Told my guy i want them easy to do! All i care about is going on leave! I'm hoping for a water birth i think, but not sure if my rash is a heat rash or soap allergy. Brought some baby products today, hoping its the soap.

Thanks Jo, may get easy A then - love a good girly flick! Hope the BH settle down for you so you can get some rest. How many weeks at work do you have left?

Helen sorry to hear your on the sofa I remember doing that alot at the end too, having some movies on and just dosing through them.

I find sad movies a bit hard to handle right now too i guess we all do this time.

Called my midwife this morning as figured I should probably ask if BH for 6-7 hours a day is ok, she told me as long as I can feel my tummy soften and can feel foetal movement through it then it should be ok and for some women with 2nd birth it can be totally normal.

What are your birth plans - hypno/pool/start at home as long as poss and go in and hope you are 8cm?! (that's mine ;))

Currently having a nightmare trying to make a dvd from 3 films on the camcorder. My technology skills are terrible!

This totally happens.... with Euan I laboured at home and got to the hospital at 9.5cm so was delightful.

Lou am working till 36 weeks so finish on the 28th January. Can't wait.

Cellular blankets have the holes in them - they are better as they are breathable - fleeces and stuff can allow overheating etc... I found mothercare was laid out quite well - although get your measurements as the "crib" sheets were too small for our crib....
I went on a shopping trip with my mum, oh's mum and my sister - we had a lovely day and went for tea after ( this was the trip that sisters MIL was nearly invited on - all went well in the end - she didn't come!!) it was good as my sister was a great help - I had that overwhelmed OMG what do I need moment!!

My birth plan is hypnobirthing - staying at home as long as poss with TENS machine doing relaxation and massage. Then waterbirth at the hospital using hypnobirthing techniques. We want to avoid painkillers if poss - just gas and air. Once Ollie is born we want the cord to stop pulsating before it is cut and have a physiological third stage. If there are no issues we want skin to skin with Ollie and try to BF straight away and to be allowed to do this for as long as we want before all the weighing etc etc - they can do the APGARS test without removing him so there's no need. Then OH to bath and dress him while I get a shower. I know it's only a plan and things may work out differently but this is our ideal birth.....

hx

Oh Ladies - so much to catch up on.

Just wanted to let you know Thalia came home last monday so just over a week ago - hence why I've had no time to check in. All is going well and its fantastic having her home - though bloody terrifying, she's still under 5 pounds!!
Going to read all your posts soon as possible.

HB if it all happens before I'm next on - good luck and I hope you can follow your birth plan as it sounds so lovely.

Happy New year everyone and I'll do a proper post soon as I can xxxxxxxxxxxx

Looks like things are on the move Helen, I'll be so excited to hear when you've gone into labour over the next few weeks. The thing I found most useful was an aerosol water spray as I got very hot and dry. Sorry you're on the sofa is it because of your SPD. The day I delivered mine disappeared so hopefully it won't last much longer.

as for movies I've not seen anything lately but was planning to get to a mother and baby showing of the fockers this morning, but didn't make it!!!

I've got him in Grobags already and they are great as he doesn't kick them off, I'd realy recommend them.

Sorry you guys are having to go back to work but very soon you'll be on mat leave and be loving it.

BTW we have a name, after much deliberation he's called Thomas Patrick. None of those names were on the original list but we just had to choose something. i still like Hamish nut its too late now. When we went into the registers office, she told us she was just about to send us a legal later with a fine. I didn't realise they would actually do that, thought it was just an urban myth.

Yep- tis the spd that has driven me here - v strange for oh to be upstairs and me down here. I def couldn't work now - so glad to be home!

Thomas Patrick is a lovely name Toni - can't believe they actually issue a fine!!! At least that's one stress out of the way!! Thanks for the tips on the aerosol :thumbup: Do you have any pics? How are you getting on routine wise? Is your bathroom done? We have def broken the back of our work - still tons to do but the end is in sight!

Lucy - so glad Thalia's home - bet she's so dinky at 5lbs!! looking forward to news and pics!!

hx

Helen your birth plan sounds lovely and I am sure it will all go to plan but as you say you go with the flow at the time, can't wait to hear all about it.

Lucy - woohoo Thalia is home and Helen is right she is still so dinky and I can imagine it being a bit scary but I am sure you are doing a wonderful job and enjoying every moment.

Toni - you chose a lovely name well done! I cannot imagine that they would actually issue a fine, that's terrible. I used grobags a lot with Euan too, they are wonderful.

To the girls with SPD, I think I might have it but my midwife has not confirmed it. I have really sore pelvic bone pain in the morning when I get up and left hip pain. I find though that it does wear off after a few hours of being up and then at the end of the day its pretty sore again. I find that when I move in bed at night my pelvis makes a clicking noise. It might just be normal pregnancy pains.

I think you can get spd in varying degrees of severity - until recently it's been mild for me - being worse if I sit on a hard chair for example - also my ankles swell up if I sit on a hard chair for a time too, unrelated I'm sure. But it seems to have stepped up a gear since he engaged.

Since I've not been in work the ankles have eased up loads - they went up after sitting on my parent's dining room chairs at Christmas dinner but apart from that they've been good.

hx

Hi girls

So sorry I haven't been able to update you all. Our little man, Kaiden, arrived on the 21st Dec weighing in a whopping 8.5lbs. Just adjusting into mummy mode. Sleepless nights cracked nipples and constantly feeling weepy arrghh but it's all worth it he is just gorgeous. I promise to pop in now and again to catch up With everyone.

Yey Dee!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: congratulations!!!!!! pics pics pics are needed!! how was the birth?

Glad Kaiden is here safe and sound!! Enjoy mummy mode :)

hx

Congratulations Dee on the birth of Kaiden. He was a good weight too, well done. How was the birth? I am excited for you.

Helen your turn next...woohooo.

BTW just to let all you first time mothers know just from reading Dee's post that the adjustment to being a mummy is huge. I know you all know that but it can be really tough and I remember feeling so tearful and overwhelmed about it all and I felt so guilty because I thought having this new baby is meant to be such a joyful experience and it was but it was also hard emotionally... your hormones are crazy way worse than during pregnancy I felt and for me the first few days I was on a total high I guess with adrenalin and then after 2-3 days i fell back to earth with a mighty crash and i cried for about a week in the house and out. If I looked at Euan at the mall I would just literally start crying. Anyway what I am trying to say is that if you find yourselfs in a tearful mess, its totally and utterly NORMAL!!!! I think every new mummy goes through this and your so not alone. I had myself convinced that perhaps I was developing post natal depression as I had never felt emotion like that before.

Don't let any of this put a damper on becoming a mummy because despite the first few weeks being tough at the same time they are utterly utterly wonderful.

Congratulations Dee! :happydance: Enjoy every second xxx

Love the names you have chosen Toni x Glad you avoided the fine!

Welcome home Thalia! Is she fitting into any of her clothes yet, she must be sooo cute at 5lbs!

Congratulations Dee! very excited for you, how was the birth? any pics?

Toni, lovely names xx glad he's doing well. Didn't know they did actually fine people!

Welcome home Thalia!! Lucy you must be so pleased to have her home. xx

Thanks Helen, think i'll try and pick some up. My nan wants to get the moses basket and bedding for us, so that's nice. Hope the sofa is helping with your spd. Your due date is so close now!!

Jo not long for you now then! just over 3 weeks!!

Rachel hope your well xx

Had 20 week scan today, all is well. Been told get another optional scan at 24 weeks which is an internal for me, not to look at baby. Never heard of it before, so going to look it up. Anyone else get offered it? Had first baby nightmare last night - dreamt that i left the baby in the car on the drive in the hot summer, then went inside and went asleep for 5 hours. Then found baby overheated and sun burnt!! Think it's my mind worrying about bedding and overheating!! Anyway pics are below, chocolate finely kicked in and it moved to face us

Attachments

• 20 weeks 1a.jpg
    20 weeks 1a.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20 weeks 2b.jpg
    20 weeks 2b.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1
  • 20 weeks 3c.jpg
    20 weeks 3c.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Lovely pics Lou :happydance:

Not had that sort of scan - my extra scans were due to excess amniotic fluid - not sure why they're scanning you - did they not explain it?

So are you staying on team yellow then?

hx

Too much to catch up on!!
Dee congrats on baby Kaiden, love the name!!! Xx
Toni, glad mr no name finally has one!! He's gorgeous!! X
Lou, photos are lovely!! Really clear! Not sure about the other scan though?? Maybe check with midwife x
Lucy, glad Thalia's home and doing well! Look at all these babies!!
Rach, hope you're ok?? X
Jo, you're so right with the after birth feelings. I suffered from post natal depression so I know it can be hard. Have the bh's settled down? X
Helen.... Getting exciting now!! X
Afm, nearly 36 weeks now. And huge! Spd awful at night :-( just really tired xx

Try the sofa Em - it's worked wonders for me - or a really soft mattress?

hx

From what I've read online, it seems Essex is running a pilot scheme at 24 weeks. Checks blood pressure and cervix at see likelyhood of preterm labour. Think it's to do research. You can opt out if you want. Hopeforly letter will explain it more, but it's nothing bad, just something they are offering if you want it.

Yep I know sex! But keeping secret from family and friends!! So funny to hear their guesses and why!! Want it to be a surprise for them all.

Em can't belive your 36! Are you getting much sleep?

Any signs helen?

Lou - your pics are fab. IT sounds like an interesting study too. It must be exciting to know what sex your having. It makes it a lot easier to pick out names I can imagine. Hope you don't have many more nightmares they are awful. Speaking of that I had one last night... I dreamt that hubby was shot and in intensive care in critical condition and Euan had a mad virus and was also in kiddy intensive care in critical condition in hospitals not close by and I had to choose who to sit with. NOt sure how that came about, it was one of those horribly vivid dreams and I still feel a wee bit teary about it, I chose to be with Euan and I felt horribly guilty this morning when I woke up.

Thinking of you Helen. Hope to hear some news soon.

Emma - sorry your SPD is giving you problems. DId baby turn yet? How is it all going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->