Cycle 1 day 1. Who's with me? *update* It's a girl! Congrats baby_bray!!!

Good day so far!
Over the last few days, I think Abby's been having a growth spurt, she's been quite the little "boob-monster"! Both of us are doing great breastfeeding! We've been incredibly lucky!
Starting yesterday though, she's started really craving being held...she does not like being put down. And every time I seem to hold her, I think she just smells milk and roots around like crazy, even if she's just ate. I think she sucks more for comfort than anything...and she HATES the soothie pacifier, which is what the lactation consultant recommended for breastfed babies. We tried the swing just an hour or so ago....and it seems to be doing the trick! She's out like a light! <3

I find my little ladys like that I find she gets like that if she's tired and won't give in,or if she has wine

Little guy got his first tooth yesterday! He is growing up so fast! 6 months old today!

Bray: DD really liked being held too. We just obliged her. Even DH wore the sling wrap, and he'd sit on my birthing ball bouncing with her in the sling playing video games. Cracked me up!

TV: Has wine?? LOL

Twinkie: Yay for the first tooth!! He's growing up. :)

Bray: DD really liked being held too. We just obliged her. Even DH wore the sling wrap, and he'd sit on my birthing ball bouncing with her in the sling playing video games. Cracked me up!

TV: Has wine?? LOL

Twinkie: Yay for the first tooth!! He's growing up. :)

Woops lol I don't really give her wine meant wind stupid phone. Mmm wine I could do with some of that

Hahaha, I figured you didn't mean wine :) My phone once autocorrected my niece's name Finley to Donkey- that was an embarassing text!

Wine ! That was funny! :)

The twins have 2 bottom teeth so far. They haven't learned to bite me while nursing, so that's great! Did I tell you guys that the doc mentioned feeding them more solids now? I explained that we started solids and then they got so sick with those colds/bronchiolitis. I guess after they got over the colds, we got out of the food routine. :( Oops. I felt so bad/responsible. They slipped in weight percentiles. Head and length percentiles increased though. She wasnt WAY concerned, just mentioned the need to get up to 3x a day. K was 14.14 pounds, so 2 oz from 15 and B was 15.10, I think. What do you all typically do?

Wine ! That was funny! :)

The twins have 2 bottom teeth so far. They haven't learned to bite me while nursing, so that's great! Did I tell you guys that the doc mentioned feeding them more solids now? I explained that we started solids and then they got so sick with those colds/bronchiolitis. I guess after they got over the colds, we got out of the food routine. :( Oops. I felt so bad/responsible. They slipped in weight percentiles. Head and length percentiles increased though. She wasnt WAY concerned, just mentioned the need to get up to 3x a day. K was 14.14 pounds, so 2 oz from 15 and B was 15.10, I think. What do you all typically do?

As for solids, I feed Olivia four times a day. Twice baby food and twice oatmeal cereal. She also takes six five ounce bottles. Every feeding she eats then drinks. The only time she gets just a bottle is early in the morning and her last bottle at night. She also snacks on Gerber Puff, yougurt, Cherrios, and toast during the day.

She still has one tooth. Hope she gets more soon so she can try more foods. She will be nine months this coming week. She goes for shots next Monday. Looking forward to seeing how much she has grown, but hate to see her cry from the shots. She is now saying Mom, Dad, and ut oh really clear now. She has no desire to crawl. She lays on her back and pushes with her heels or rolls to get where she wants. She is starting to stand on her own so she will probably walk before she crawls.

Wow, Berdc! You are a food-feeding rock star! I am SO behind! Dang it, I really messed up, eh? Anyway to fix this and get them back on track with solids? How much food should we try? I thought you do milk first, then just offer 'some' solids? If we do solids first, is there an amount we should start with? Will they still want their bottles? Bernard David takes 6oz and Kaylani is at about 5 1/2oz. Yikes!!! Help y'all...first time Mom (clearly). :(

Wow, Berdc! You are a food-feeding rock star! I am SO behind! Dang it, I really messed up, eh? Anyway to fix this and get them back on track with solids? How much food should we try? I thought you do milk first, then just offer 'some' solids? If we do solids first, is there an amount we should start with? Will they still want their bottles? Bernard David takes 6oz and Kaylani is at about 5 1/2oz. Yikes!!! Help y'all...first time Mom (clearly). :(

I would start them on stage one baby food. It is kinda runny so I would add a tablespoon of oatmeal cereal to thicken it a little. You won't see much of a change with that amout, but it will help with introducing the cereal. I would maybe split a jar between them each feeding and work their way up to a jar a piece. I do the food first then the bottle cause Olivia usually naps after her feedings, and once she is full and stops drinking her bottle she goes right to sleep. They will still drink the bottles. Olivia drinks almost every drop after eating food. It also helps with washing the food down. She also drinks from a sippy cup while eating. She loves ice water! Do they usually fuss when their milk is gone? If so it maybe cause they are still hungry. I would say once they are up to a jar a piece three times a day move them up to stage two. Olivia is now on stage two and a half which has texture to it.

When I give her oatmeal I mix it with formula or juice. Remember when introducing food give them the same food for three days to watch for food allergies. If they have a reaction you will know what food did it. Also, I only give her fruit every once in a while. It is sweet and makes them not want vegtables. Bananas, apples, carrots will make their poop hard so I avoid them.

Menb- you didn't mess up :) it takes getting into a routine to get the hang of solids! I do things a little differently than berdc, but remember you have to find what works best for your babies and your schedule ;) Little guy gets 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner, and two "extra bottles). He gets up and drinks a bottle between 5am and 6am (I offer him 8oz bottles, but he usually drinks somewhere between 5-7oz each, but he occasionally will drink the 8, so it was easier just to make them all the same). Then during the week we drop him off at my Mom's (who babysits for us) and he eats breakfast there between 8am and 9am (he eats half a size two fruit and some cereal- I don't measure the amount any more, but about equal parts fruit and cereal). He eats lunch between 12 and 1pm (we give him food,about a size 2 tub- but half fruit and half veggie, then bottle). He will drink a bottle between 4pm and 5pm before I get home, then he eats dinner with us (the rest of the fruit and veggie from lunch or the rest of the one from the night before if I don't bring home the food from my Mom's). Then a bottle around 8pm or 9pm before bed. He gets food then bottle at breakfast and lunch, but a bottle then food at dinner, only because that is how our schedule works best. He has cut back on the amount of milk/formula he drinks, but it is still around 28-32oz a day. He also will eat a few baby snacks (gerber little crunchies, yogurt melts, or puffs) and he will try bites of our food when we have something he can chew (potatoes, soft carrots, soup, etc). We give him a sippy cup occasionally, but he really hasn't mastered drinking from one yet. What I have found works best:

-start introducing slowly (a few tablespoons might be all they will eat at first, but they will increase amounts faster than you think ;))

-I never had a problem with him preferring fruit to veggies, but try veggies first if you are worried

-put the food in a bowl if you aren't going to give them the whole jar in one day (bacteria from their mouth can be transferred to the food from the spoon, same concept as not saving bottles)

-If there is a particular food they don't like, dip the end of the spoon in a food they do like so they taste that one first (OK so we are tricking them, but hey whatever works sometimes!)

-I really like the gerber little crunchies and the yogurt melts to introduce self feeding because they "melt" faster than the puffed rice snacks. Little guy is just getting the hang of chewing so he still needs things that melt easily.

-remember babies/toddlers learn from their parents, so if you only offer them the same food over and ove again, that is what they will want to eat when they are older. I always offer my kids variety from an early age. Once they have had all the different kinds of baby food and you are sure they don't have allergies, it is not a bad idea to get them used to different textures/tastes from other foods. *disclaimer* I am a relaxed parent and our pediatrician is very "old school" so I had no problem offering stuff to little man when I feld he was ready. I have a friend who will NOT offer her daughter anything before she gets it OK'd by a Dr. Her daughter is 3 months older than little man and doesn't get a sippy cup and has never even had a taste of table food! It seems crazy to me, but to each their own!

So, we had our NICU Follow-Up appointments on Monday. All was GREAT (except the weight, of course). They were also concerned about their lack of significant weight gain. They also said not to panic, but just get started on the solids.

We use organic food, so we started them on Ella's Kitchen Stage 1 fruits and veggies. We didn't pay attention to the 'one at a time' rule cuz we had homeopathic allergy tests done. We know what they're allergic to, so...
We also use our Baby Bullet to make their food now.

Thanks for the scheduling & how much food/milk tips. We've started upping the solids this week, so hopefully after a while we will see a difference. :shrug: We'll see...

That is neat that you had an allergy test so you know already :) Good luck with the solids. Little guy is a huge fan of solids! He tried some french toast casserole on Easter and liked it. He also likes vanilla yogurt. I haven't found a baby food that he refuses to eat. The only problem I have is that he doesn't want to drink his bottles all the time. He wants to eat all baby food! My oldest isn't too picky of an eater (although I think he is pickier at 9 than he was at 4 or 5 :)) So I am hoping his brother follows suit!

So, we had our NICU Follow-Up appointments on Monday. All was GREAT (except the weight, of course). They were also concerned about their lack of significant weight gain. They also said not to panic, but just get started on the solids.

We use organic food, so we started them on Ella's Kitchen Stage 1 fruits and veggies. We didn't pay attention to the 'one at a time' rule cuz we had homeopathic allergy tests done. We know what they're allergic to, so...
We also use our Baby Bullet to make their food now.

Thanks for the scheduling & how much food/milk tips. We've started upping the solids this week, so hopefully after a while we will see a difference. :shrug: We'll see...

We use our baby bullet alot for Olivia. She gets to try so many differnt foods using it.

Sure is quite on her since all the babies have been born?

How is everyone? What did you guys think of the Walking Dead finally? Opinions on season 4?

Olivia turned nine months today.....time is flying by. We have her 9 month checkup/shots on Monday.

Hope everyone is doing well. Life sure got busy with a toddler and newborn! Feel like I can finally come up for air now. Kash has adjusted to life and lets me put him down now. He loves looking in his mirror and swatting at toys. Aden loves his little brother and is my little helper....though his "helping" causes me more work he means well and its really cute that he wants to help with the baby.

Yeah, Berdc-- I was thinking the same thing. I guess I did that at first too (not having a moment to check in online. Well, at first, I read while pumping, but then it sure did get busy.

Hope all those babies are doing well.

Colta, how's the family?

Anyone else ready for the weather to make up its mind? Geesh! :)

Have a great Monday, ladies!

I know! I think I forgot how busy I was when Logan was a baby (I have no idea how I survived full time school, part time work, and a newborn!). I figured #2 would be a cake walk, but I still don't have enough hours in the day LOL.

Little guy was eating green beans and macaroni last night for dinner. He loves eating table food. I can't believe how fast he is growing. One of my friends on FB just had a baby shower. Looking at all the "girly" things really made the baby fever kick in ;) Almost.

Ugh, Colton isn't even here yet and there's not enough hours in the day! How on earth will I do this once he gets here??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->