Cycle 1 day 1. Who's with me? *update* It's a girl! Congrats baby_bray!!!

Twinkie: I would have his ears checked for infection. My DD went months undiagnosed with an ear infection, poor thing. She was fine until we tried to lay her down and resting horizontally would really set her off. I wish I had known sooner, she suffered for months! She never had a fever or any other indications other than her nose was congested.

Twinkie: I would have his ears checked for infection. My DD went months undiagnosed with an ear infection, poor thing. She was fine until we tried to lay her down and resting horizontally would really set her off. I wish I had known sooner, she suffered for months! She never had a fever or any other indications other than her nose was congested.

Thanks for the info, I don't think it is an ear infection because he will lay in the floor and play it is only when we try to put him down to sleep that he screams and he is drinking his bottles and still wanting his pacifier. He has been congested off and on for the past month, but even that seems to be better. If it persists I will call the Dr. though. DH thinks it is seperation anxiety, but I think he is a little young for that. My aunt said teething, which he is drooling like a st. bernard, but so far I can't feel that his gums are swollen. I am going to give him a couple more nights and pray like crazy that he starts sleeping again!

I'd let him cry a little bit. Let him go about 3-5 min and if he doesn't stop go in but don't pick him up right away. Give him his pacifier, rub his forehead etc and see if he calms down. He could be in a growth spurt.

Ok ladies, this is it! I had my appt today with the midwife and my BP had been slightly elevated last time...and was still up this visit....so they did an NST and it was still high. So before it gets to the point where I need magnesium to prevent seizures or it becomes pre-eclampsia....we're starting the induction process tonight. DH and I are gathering our final few things and having a little meal together before heading in to be admitted. But we should have our little girl in our arms hopefully by tomorrow evening!!!
Wish me luck!!!! I'll have my phone to post from!

I'm debating about bringing the computer....even if it's just to watch some shows or something since I know things won't really be all that quick....:p

Ok ladies, this is it! I had my appt today with the midwife and my BP had been slightly elevated last time...and was still up this visit....so they did an NST and it was still high. So before it gets to the point where I need magnesium to prevent seizures or it becomes pre-eclampsia....we're starting the induction process tonight. DH and I are gathering our final few things and having a little meal together before heading in to be admitted. But we should have our little girl in our arms hopefully by tomorrow evening!!!
Wish me luck!!!! I'll have my phone to post from!

I'm debating about bringing the computer....even if it's just to watch some shows or something since I know things won't really be all that quick....:p

Good luck Bray! I hope you can avoid the magnesium. I had it and was not allowed out of the bed for 24 hours after I had Olivia. Which really sucked cause I couldn't go to the NICU to see her. I will be thinking of you. Keep us updated if you can. Best wishes!

Yay! Internet in the ward!
Sooooooo...They did another check, 1cm and 75% thinned out! Plus I was having contractions every 3-4 mins and was having a bloody show! I wasn't feeling them at all. And now of course my BP is quite improved. I guess Abby was just meant to show up now!
So they're not gonna give me any meds to try and help me along, they did place the cervical foley to see if it "naturally" jump starts things. YAY! Tiny little cramps, but nothing to write home about, sort of like pre-period cramps. I'd barely say 1 out of 10 yet for pain.

Yay! Internet in the ward!
Sooooooo...They did another check, 1cm and 75% thinned out! Plus I was having contractions every 3-4 mins and was having a bloody show! I wasn't feeling them at all. And now of course my BP is quite improved. I guess Abby was just meant to show up now!
So they're not gonna give me any meds to try and help me along, they did place the cervical foley to see if it "naturally" jump starts things. YAY! Tiny little cramps, but nothing to write home about, sort of like pre-period cramps. I'd barely say 1 out of 10 yet for pain.

Cervial foley is not bad just uncomfortable. At least you were already 1cm. I had to have seaweed sticks first to get me open enough for the foley and they hurt.

I brought my iPad to the hospital. Was going to watch Netflix etc.... I slept. Lol Finns dr apt went well. He's a big boy. 23.5" and 14lb12oz today he spent time in his entertainer. He loves it.

Good luck bray! Can't wait for photos!!!

So excited for updates Bray!

Mail: love seeing Finn's pics. Too cute!

Twinkie: My rule is if the baby cries for more than 10 minutes then it is because something is making them (pain, hunger, cold, hot, aches, teething, SOMETHING). But if they only cry for 5 min or so then it's just loneliness. (Well, that was my rule with DD, I'm sure it's probably different for all babies. Trust your mom instincts!) :)

Foley flopped out! They're close to shift change so instead of the doc checking me then the new doc having to check behind him, he's just going to let the one coming in check me since it'll be her shift. I met her last night and she was very sweet.
But I've got to be around 4cms though if the foley came out.

The contractions are definitely getting to be a bit more, feels like my pelvis is on fire, but once the contraction is gone its nothing. They're talking about possibly starting pitocin though....which honestly is okay with me, but I'm more nervous about how it will effect the contraction pain, since everything I've heard is that it makes things more intense. I'm definitely thinking there's an epidural in my future if that's the case :p

I had pitocin but planned on an epidural. Lol I am no superwoman.... Bring on the drugs. Lol keeps us posted. I have been checking all night. Your Facebook page is blowing up!

Epidural is in and momma is nice and comfy now. To keep things rolling, since they had started my labor with the balloon, they started a low pitocin drip and my contractions were almost instantly a lot worse, so that's when I asked them to put a bug in anesthesia's ear ;)
They don't really allow "walking" in the ward but the nurse anesthetist was able to do a walking epidural so I can still move my legs and everything, which is nice.

Epidural is in and momma is nice and comfy now. To keep things rolling, since they had started my labor with the balloon, they started a low pitocin drip and my contractions were almost instantly a lot worse, so that's when I asked them to put a bug in anesthesia's ear ;)
They don't really allow "walking" in the ward but the nurse anesthetist was able to do a walking epidural so I can still move my legs and everything, which is nice.

good luck :happydance:

I just checked her FB and no updates or pictures yet. Should be soon!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/neyozeka/Babyabby_zps75f68ba7.jpg

At 3:21pm, after only 40 minutes of pushing, Abigail Kathleen was born!! 7lbs 5.7oz and 19 1/2 inches long!
She has already breastfed once, and we both did fantastic! Everything went so amazingly....My parents got in right before I was checked for the final time (the resident was like "uh....her head is right there") and my midwife that had been with me throughout the pregnancy wasn't able to deliver her, but walked in JUST as she was born so her timing could not have been more PERFECT!
Everything went so smoothly....it was incredible.
I'm sure we'll have more photos soon enough, but this once here is literally maybe 10 mins old!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/neyozeka/Babyabby_zps75f68ba7.jpg

At 3:21pm, after only 40 minutes of pushing, Abigail Kathleen was born!! 7lbs 5.7oz and 19 1/2 inches long!
She has already breastfed once, and we both did fantastic! Everything went so amazingly....My parents got in right before I was checked for the final time (the resident was like "uh....her head is right there") and my midwife that had been with me throughout the pregnancy wasn't able to deliver her, but walked in JUST as she was born so her timing could not have been more PERFECT!
Everything went so smoothly....it was incredible.
I'm sure we'll have more photos soon enough, but this once here is literally maybe 10 mins old!

Ah lovely really big congratulations, enjoy every moment with your little girl xx

Bray... So glad it all went well. So happy for you. Updating the thread now. Congrats again!

Mighty.... You're next!

Super congrats bray she is precious!! Sounds like everything turned out just perfect for you!!

:wacko: OMG. I am so not ready to be "next."

DH had a job interview in LA yesterday and he says it went really well. He'll know next Thursday if they want him to start the following Monday. Which means I just got back from being gone for 2 months and now he may be getting a job in LA 7 weeks from the due date. Not great timing. If I'm honest, I hoped he would be unemployed at least until the baby was born. It's no surprise that he may get a job away from home, we expected that. I just really hoped it wouldn't happen until after maternity leave ended. :( I blew up at him earlier because now I have 10 days (maybe) to get the house ready before he leaves and them I am on my own and it's all on me.

Congrats Bray! She is lovely :) I don't blame you for the epidural! My contractions weren't bad until the upped my pitocin and then they hurt like a B****!

Mighty- I am sorry your DH may be getting a job away :( I can't imagine how hard that would be!

Well today was my due date from my MC. I should have a 1 year old running around :( Little things like this really send me back to that time. But I am so glad to have my little guy :) (even if he has decided sleeping is optional, LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->