Cycle 1 day 1. Who's with me? *update* It's a girl! Congrats baby_bray!!!

Abigail is 3 days old and we're still going strong!
She is a fantastic sleeper! I have to wake her to feed her every 2-3hrs (usually closer to 3 especially since she is so content as she is)
My milk is definitely coming in now and VA-VA-VOOM, OUCH!! My chest is on fire!
I was a like a AA before I got pregnant, which is like the only crappy smaller double letter bra size, so I'm enjoying the size increase, but whoa....I feel bad, because I almost want to wake her every hour or so now just to try and take some of the pressure off, but I know it would also just up my supply and start a vicious cycle....so right now I'm just counting down the time between "relief", I mean, feedings ;).

The engorgement was only really bad for me the second day my milk came in (I think it was Tuesday so day 4) then my body regulated to his needs :) I could deal with the engorgement, it was the cracking, bleeding, chomped on nipples that ended BFing for me! You are doing great keep it up!

Congrats Bray she is beautiful. Enjoy cause they grow up so fast.

Olivia finally has her first tooth coming in. She still has no desire to crawl, I think she may walk first because she is wanting to stand. I have been unemployed for two months now, and I am really atarting to get depressed. If the weather would get nice I am sure it wouldn't be so bad.

Congrats Bray she is beautiful. Enjoy cause they grow up so fast.

Olivia finally has her first tooth coming in. She still has no desire to crawl, I think she may walk first because she is wanting to stand. I have been unemployed for two months now, and I am really atarting to get depressed. If the weather would get nice I am sure it wouldn't be so bad.

Little guy wants no part of rolling. He can roll over but he will not roll to get stuff. I am not even sure if he will ever crawl. He wants to stand all the time (I keep telling him he is too little ;)) I think he is going to skip straight to running!

Definitely getting better in many aspects. The boobs seem to have chilled out a bit. She's feeding like a pro. She opens so wide to feed, she makes it easy. I keep saying she does the best "baby big mouth" <3
She's still a pro sleeper, she's getting into a little patterns already. But not quite the pattern I'd want. She feeds more often at night and sleeps long periods between feedings throughout the day...

Congrats, Bray! Beautiful pics!!! Beautiful baby girl! Good job, Mama!

Hi all, hope everyone is ok?

Well i had a scary couple of days. Had HV come tue she noticed belle looked a bit yellow so said best to get her checked out at doctors. Went to doctors he had a look and phoned the hospital for more advice. They suggested bringing her in for tests. So off to the hospital i went they did bloods and urine sample (hardest thing to get off a baby), then we went home.
Two hours later got a call from hospital saying her hemoglobin was 7 and should be at least 10, so they wanted to repeat test just to double check. The test was repeated and hadnt changed, so she needed a blood transfusion. They gave her blood throughout the night. Lots of test have been done ,and the doctor said he thinks when she was born her cord was cut to early, causing her not to get enough blood from the placenta. So from day 1 she may of been lacking blood:cry: poor baby. More bloods in for 4 weeks to check her hemoglobin again, fingers crossed thats the reason and she is fine now.

So sorry TV! Hopefully her numbers stay good and you can put this behind you! FX'd

Oh, TV, that sounds dreadful...I hope this level out and you're able to put your mind at ease :(

Tv... That is horrible. I hope it gets sorted and gets better quickly. Please keep us posted.

Been busy these last couple days. Hate being out of town but super excited for dd. photos and video to come on fb.

Mighty... You are next girl. How are you feeling?

Bray... So glad Abby is a sleeper. I think I may be in for a rough night. Finn has been asleep all day. Otherwise he is still sleeping most of the night. Last night he went from 830-630. It was awesome! Lol

Aw TV that's scary. I hope everything is ok. Keep us posted!

I'm just feeling very down today. We went for my maternity photo shoot. It was supposed to be a quick shot at JC Penney's with the three of us, but they took 40 minutes for some lady and her baby to do Easter shots (even though they have 10 minute time slots!) so we had to leave because I had a 4D u/s scheduled. So we drove for the u/s but Colton is hiding his head in my placenta, so no pics. Again. (This is the 2nd 4D we've scheduled.) They both had to be today because DH just got a job offer in LA so he's leaving Wednesday. I just got back so I only got to see him for a week. Very depressing. I'll be going through the rest of the pregnancy alone, he may be able to make it for the birth (if there's enough time), and then I get to play "single mom" until at least February when I may be able to co-locate. Ugh. And I can't eat chocolate because I'm full and have no more room in my belly for the amount of cookies and chocolate it would take to make me feel numb. Sigh.
(Sorry for the down post...I have no one else to complain to!)

Oh...Mighty :( Seems like everything was just against you yesterday....
I sure hope that the timeline works out in your favor that DH gets to be there for the birth...
Gotta complain to someone, and it might as well be a bunch of other mother hens ;) Get it out! Hope that things start to look up :flower:

AFM: Abby is doing wonderfully. Feeding like a madwoman the last day or so during the day. I think she may be having a little growth spurt. One of my pamphlets said it wasn't unusual around 10days. She has a real hard time initially going down for the night, but once she's down I've been lucky enough to get 5-6 hours out of her!

We had her newborn photoshoot today and I was so excited to try and get photos in some of the items I've crocheted over the past months....and Abby was super uncooperative :( She would just not settle down while we were there. The photographer got some really cute shots in cheesecloth and 2 different headbands...The shots were looking absolutely adorable, but I was really disappointed that we weren't able to get to use any of my stuff...The photographer was sweet though and agreed that since we weren't able to do many shots, she would transfer some over to a 3 month shoot.

Oh, and of course we got home and she slept deep and peaceful for about 4 hours.....*sigh*

Thanks Bray. I'm feeling better today. Got a lot done that needed doing so I'm feeling in a better place.

Your pics look so sweet on FB, hard to believe she wasn't cooperating! Adorable!!

Hey TV...how's little Belle doing? So sorry to hear about the scare. Hoping all is well now.

Glad you're feeling better Mighty. I'm thinking of ya.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well.

The twins were 8 months last Thursday! I can't believe how fast it's going (especially since they don't look like/act like typical 8 month olds). We've got a wellness checkup today -hopefully, they've hit 15 pounds! I know, right!? Super small babies! They're making continued progress on the Preemie Growth chart and I know sometimes it can take up to 2 months for preemies to catch up, but ugh...kinda nerve-wrecking thinking about whether they're eating enough, gaining enough, etc.

We also have their next NICU follow up appointment next Monday. Excited about that one too. They get to be seen and evaluated by a whole slew of docs that check EVERYTHING! OT, PT, vision, hearing, speech, etc.

Welp, Spring Break for me this week -hubby is next week. Imma call in sick next Mon and Tues so we can at least spend Good Friday through Tues together. Might take babies to Shedd Aquarium and Museum of Science & Industry. Teachers get in free, so it'll be a cool little (free) trip out n about. We live 5 minutes from both, so no gas or parking either. :)

Good luck menb! I love doctor's checkups. It's so reassuring to hear that hearing, vision, etc. etc. etc. is all just fine. :) I'm sure your LOs are doing great! Don't worry about them being small. DD has a friend who was born small (not a preemie) and just kind of stayed that way. They were really able to stretch on the baby clothes, she was still wearing 12 month clothes at 2 years! Not fair because there is some REALLY cute stuff and she always looks so adorable in pictures. Plus diapers get more expensive as they get bigger too. There's always a silver lining if they take the extra two months to get bigger. :)

Mighty- I am sorry about the photo shoot and the ultrasound and about DH leaving. You had a rough day! I really hope he makes it in time for the birth. And don't feel bad for complaining! You had plenty to complain about! I probably would have ate a ton of chocolate even if I didn't have any room ;)

Menb- I am glad the babies are doing well! Dr. appts are so reassuring! My friend's daughter was a micropremie (1lb 9oz at birth!) and she caught up completely by 2. My niece was 3lb 12oz at birth and is still very small, but I think she is going to be a petite child. She is 18 months old and just now started wearing 12 month clothes (to contrast little guy is over a year younger than her and I just bought him a 12 month polo for Easter!). Other than being tiny she is completely healthy.

Hey Belle seems to be doing fine thank you.

Mightmom your not alone you have us:hugs:. You will do great and things will work out in the end im sure:thumbup:

Hey ladies!
How's everyone doing? Just checking in...have a great day! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->