Cycle Buddy Central!

rachel, it totally could have been a fluke? what's next. peace, lil mamma, it will be ok :hugs:

haus, um actually missy, i know for a fact i am broken. i have xrays to prove it. and things die in me. but i know what you mean. at this point, im sure you are like eff yoo horseypants, you and your mcs. you should be happy about those. and no im not. in this case, the grass is more brambly and thorny and effed up on our side for both of us i think. such is life. i too have that fear that i will never have this thing i want most in the world. bitches! thank god you and i can at least have a pity party together.

<-- im not calling you guys bitches. the world is bitches, exclamatorily.

all that bs said, im in good spirits. i am happy it is finally sweetpea's turn. She has good los. I'm already in love with lo number 1. and want to see a sister or bro. and it is FRiIIIDAY :)

Haus, so sorry to hear about your Dad, and i felt the exact same way as you before I finally got pregnant. I had never seen those two lines, and it sucked. I am sure this is going to happen for you, keep positive (if you can) :hugs:

Rachel, I passed the GD test at 27 weeks, but now have to be retested. Because of my thyroid I had a scan at 30 weeks and they found out that baby is really big. So I got scanned again yesterday, at 34 weeks, and baby is bigger again (I mean bigger than she should be when growth should be in a straight line). She currently weighs 3 kg (6 pounds, 6 ounces), and I have 6 weeks to go. Her abdominal cavity was measuring larger in proportion to other measurements, which suggests diabetes. I see my OBGYN on Thursday to discuss, but I know they will retest me. I am like you, slim, no diabetes in the family, eat well etc, it just hits some of us in pregnancy. It is completely manageable and will most likely go away after baby's birth. We just have to take everything these babies throw at us!

Girls I cannot express to you how much your support means to me...

I know it is so hard to see all these people you know popping up pregnant and it's all you can think about :( I was starting to doubt I had any chance and that LO #1 was just a fluke but alas! After 14 months ttc it has happened.

Horsey- good thing for you is that you know you can get pregnant! The right baby will stick I just know it!!! :hugs:

Haus- I don't blame you one bit for the way you feel. Maybe it is just about controlling your thyroid with meds like Rachel said? What if that's the key?

Rachel- don't be blue. I'm sure you are doing everything in your power to have a healthy baby. Your numbers are only slightly elevated and even if you do have GD, it is controllable and goes away when the baby is born. My sister had it with her 1st and her kid is a genius...seriously!

Bex- getting close there mama!

Horsey- thank you for the boobies! That just made my day :)

Ashley! Thanks for the congrats! How is your family?

Thanks again ladies, it's just tough because we just lost my grandmum and now this. BUT he's going to be fine, his doctors are pretty confident about that :)

Horsey, I was mostly referring to the ladies who are already pregnant. I'm saying it must be nice to know your body works. I know you are going through some crappy stuff and wasn't saying you should be happy that you can at least get pregnant - I think that would probably be the most insensitive thing to say to soneone who has had a m/c. :hugs: What upsets me is having someone with children say they think it's never going to be their turn. I wanted kids yearsss ago, but my DH convinced me to go on the pill (never ever again) and now my thyroid is effed and who knows if I'm going to ever have any children :( All I can hope is that the meds work and my thyroid normalizes. I'm going for a draw Monday and should know this week how the Synthroid is working.

Rachel, I've heard ladies fail the 1 hour test and then go on to pass the 3 hour. Hopefully that's the case for you! :)

Sweetpea, Halloween baby - make it happen!

Haus I'm sorry if I upset you by saying I "thought it would never be my turn"... I am very blessed to have my daughter and now this precious little life growing in me. I never meant to complain that way to you and hope you aren't mad at me for it...

The thing is, is that once you have a child and she grows a little, you as a mom yearn for that baby again. Atleast that's how I am. I am so excited to watch my little girl grow up but I want her to have someone to grow up with, ya know? We are probably all the same here on this forum... Wanting children and families since we were little girls playing "house" and being mamas to our babydolls.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I came off sounding selfish- that was not my intention at all! I am praying every day for all my ladies in here and especially now for you and horsey to finally get that bfp.

Can you believe that we have been BandB friends for over a year?

Good morning! heres my update...Went to the doc today to get a beta blood test. Will find out tomorrow if my levels are normal..

How is everyone doing today? Thread is quiet again...

Good luck with the test results I am sure they will come out perfect! :)

Thanks sweetpea, I sent you a pm :hugs:

Rachel, when is your 3 hour test?

Bex, horsey anything new??

I had a blood draw today for my thyroid to see if the Synthroid is doing it's thing. Usually the results are available immediately and my doctor calls to set up an appointment the next day. I'm hoping my thyroid stops being such a jerk and co-operates!

Good luck Sweetpea and Haus!

No news from me, going to get my thyroid blood drawn today, then will see OBGYN on Thursday and see about repeating the glucose test. I have been researching GD a bit, to see what sort of things I would have to change if I do have it. My diet will need a bit of a change, but I think I can do that :)

You can totally do it Bex!

Haus- anxiously awaiting your results!

Cutting down sugar (that part is pretty easy, I don't put sugar on anything) and watching what carbs you eat, and what time to eat them. Apparently the worst time for diabetics to eat carbs and sugars is in the morning, it causes a huge surge. So you can have sugars and carbs, but you should always have protein with them, and just watch how much you eat and what time. I could cut bread out quite easily if I had too, never been big on bread anyway, but I have been eating toast every day for breakfast now, as I cant have calcium (milk) with my iron tabs, and I find it easiest to take them at breakfast, best time I can avoid calcium. I can work around it though!

Haus- I hope you get good news that your thyroid is under control!

Sweetpea- how are you feeling? You get your beta results?

Bex-I have read a bit about gd too and although changing my eating habits would be tough I would also just do what I have to. It is only temporary and totally worth it to get our babies out healthy.

I have my 3 hour test first thing tomorrow morning and should get the results Thursday afternoon. I am hoping I pass but if not i am mentally preparing myself to make some changes.

good luck tomorrow :) i am pupo (pregnant until proven otherwise) this cycle. 3dpo today. <3

I love it! Pupo!

Beta came back at 518. (Taken at 4 weeks 1 day) the nurse didn't seem to know how far along that would make me but she obviously doesn't know I chart and know exactly when O happened :)

She said anywhere from 2-4 weeks... How can you have a positive beta at 2 weeks when you are O'ing at that time? Kinda confused....

Holy crap I just looked up normal hcg levels at 14 dpo on google and they are usually like half of what mine is... Like 100-200 or something like that. Do you gals know from experience or talking to other ladies if this is normal? Nurse didn't say a word...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->