Cystic Hygroma (large NT@12 weeks)--not a good scan--Updated :)

Well, that was a fun night, but I'm exxxhausted now.. my goodness! :dohh: I know what you mean about the doppler, I have my own, but I don't use it anymore seeing as I feel kicks... but even going to the MW's, I still look forward to hearing it, it's an indescribable sound :cloud9: And yes, countdown is slowly coming to an end and I'm ANTSY as all heck!! I'm hoping you're right on girl, I'd be over the moon :D x

updating...

had a normal ob appointment today; went well, nothing too exciting except that the doctor had a hard time finding his heartbeat. Just as I was about to start freaking out she finally got it. "There it is", she says, "155-163 beats per minute. He was just hiding in there!" And i'm thinking yeah, plenty of places to hide in that uterus :dohh: haha

yayayayayayayayayyaaaaaaay!! Soooo excited for you giggle! I can't imagine the few seconds that you were scared they couldn't find anything after everything you've been through! Baby's heart is slowing too, that's a good sign... so glad everything is working out <3

fantasically great news gigglebox!!!!, was thinking of you this morning knowing you have been to your appt and will have news. i am probably at least half if not a whole day ahead, so wednesday evening here. while they were trying to find the heartbeat i can imagine you would have been really anxious, probably not breathing like.... but great news all is on track, so relieved for you. over the moon!!! yay. what happens now, do they keep a close eye on your bubs development still?

You guys have been so great :hugs:

my next step is waiting for the 7th...that's the big, BIG scan. The anatomy scan. They will take a detailed look at bub's heart and everything else. I am nervous as hell...I'm glad it's early on a Monday so I'm fresh off the weekend and I don't have to think about it all day at work.

Good luck hun, I'll be thinking of you. I have a scan that day too, the NT scan. I'm sure all will be fine!

oh yes thats right, i know that one will be just as hard to get through as the other tests/scans. try and have a good rest of the week although i know thats difficult with anxious feelings in the background... but its a great feeling to know so far.... its looking good!!!!!

mom&john, thanks so much, I'll think of you too! the NT scan is a big one, I'm sure everything will be OK but if they find anything out of the ordinary, try not to freak out and don't listen to the doctors if they are being negative! But this is rare, I'm sure you'll be fine :) I sure don't envy your full bladder on that day! I went in not having peed for an hour per their request...and when I got there they made me force down apple juice to try and get the baby movin' around :dohh: I was ready to pop on that table!

chester--your positivity is so greatly appreciate :hugs: I love it.

In other news, I just found out today that a newer coworker of mine is TTC after her loss a year ago. She got pregnant after five years of TTC and sadly the baby had downs and passed at 15 weeks. She had the unfortunate experience of having to get the bad news at her scan and had the CVS too. I am going to try and get lunch with her soon; I'm hoping it will be helpful to have someone in "real life" who's been there. We'll see!

I just have the most peaceful feeling about your little boy that he is just fine in there.

o gosh gigglebox thats sad about your co worker. hopefully you get some time with her. i really feel for her too. such a loss after TTC for 5 years. nothing you can really say to make it better though, just listen i guess. i have been a raving person on and off and have a great friend who will listen - even when i got the cystic hygroma news at 12 weeks i added up my own statistics from my own research and discarded the doctors but would have sounded a raving lunatic to them - thinking back.... :) anyway then i went on the blame game and thought some really ridiculous things to why this was happening. now i am checking the T18 stories on and off and sometimes i have doubt about the results - did they get it right? and what ifs and whys. its tormenting stuff, which ladies here will understand. i finally watched the 99 balloons on you tube which i couldnt watch when my results first came. lovely and sad at the same time.... - sorry to rave on.

hope everything goes well at your scan hun! x

With how extremely well everything has gone so far, I'm sure your scan on Monday is going to go just as good :) but of course the nerves are still there, you cannot be blamed for that!
And that's terrible that your coworker lost a bub at 15wks :( I can only imagine. Hopefully she's successful in TTC and can soon have her happy and healthy forever baby! xx

thank you everyone :hugs: i'm nervous but hoping for the best. i keep reminding myself that the regular OB can't pick up any abnormalities so hopefully it's a minor heart murmer or at least something that can fix itself or not require much treatment...

honestly though, everyone's kind words have been so helpful. I can't believe how long this thread has gone for lol!

3boys--I remember you from my first days on b&b! You're a celebrity in my eyes haha; hope your pregnancy is progressing well :) thanks for stopping in and posting here.

On another note I'm getting this annoying pains in my lower abdomen; it's almost like someone is grabbing my uterus and pulling downward. It feels "heavy" and achey. Is this normal? I've got RLP and this other pain is very different. it's dull and throbbing and just happens when i'm sitting down doing nothing.

Hmm I think that's the same pain that I struggle with, but more so while moving around and definitely when going from sitting to standing :( It's not the same as RLP, I agree, but I'm guessing it's still a matter of stretching going on because goodness is our uterus ever getting heavy! I find putting my feet up and relaxing really helps, but if you get it already sitting, then I'm not sure what to suggest to soothe it :dohh: The joys of pregnancy lol xx

:shrug: who knows. It's not enough to make me overly concerned so I'm sure it's just stretching. I suppose I'll embrace it becuase I hear what's right aroudn the corner is Bun kicking me in my bladder, ribs, and various other organs :dohh:

OMG Just remembered your appointment is but a mere day away!!! :happydance: I'm throwing some pink dust your way! Please let me know what happens, though I'm sure I'll thread stalk you if you don't post on here :thumbup:

Oh my goodness, the bladder kicks.. those feel WEIRD! I can't even describe them, but you can sure tell that the kick is downwards, I wanna say it causes a vibration sensation :wacko: Just plain weird! Next step for you should definitely be feeling kicks, oh they're so so amazing. I was laying down on the couch last night, just watching my tummy bulge out for a good half hour! Baby is camera shy though, alway stops when I pull my phone out to record :dohh: My scan is now less than 24 hours away!!!! I'm SO anxious, ahh!!! I'm thinking about starting a thread, but either way, I will update ASAP tomorrow :D xx

I'm waiting in anticipation for you!!! eeeeeee!!! Can't wait--thinking pink for you...

Yeah I'm still waiting for true kicks. Right now I'm still getting niggles. I hope on Monday at my scan to catch him moving while I feel the niggles to prove to myself that that's what I'm feeling.

Oh, random question, I know you are a single mommy, did you inseminate or is there a daddy in the picture? Either way that baby is going to be most loved! I love your updated belly shots, do you have any pictures from the side?

Oh, so sorry hun! I had to travel a bit to go for my scan and by the time I was back to my town I was starving so my mom and I went out for supper :dohh: but... IT'S A GIRL!!!! :pink: oh my goodness, I am over the moon still, I can't even believe it :D and feeling the movement and seeing it at the exact same time was amazing, I never even thought about that beforehand, but WOW! At one point she did a full stretch, both legs completely straight, it was too cute :cloud9: She must find my placenta very cozy though, she refused to move away from it and kept hiding her face into it.. silly girl!
The daddy part... there is one, I was engaged to him for almost a year, baby was planned and all of a sudden he left us at 8wks and decided he wants nothing to do with either of us :nope: he asked me what the sex was just shortly after my scan, only to pee me off though, he hasn't bothered to ask any questions until today. I was devastated up until 16wks, then I realized it's his loss and it was time to pull myself back together. Lastly, (huge post, sorry!) I'm due for my bump shot tonight as my avatar was 17wks and I've grown since then :haha:
Can't wait for your scan on Monday now, you're gonna looooove it, even the regular 2D is just mind blowing! They're so amazing to watch xx

Oh boy, pregnancy brain.. I didn't upload a photo of my girlie LOL, here she is sucking her thumb!

Attachments

• UC BABY_4.jpg
    UC BABY_4.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 17
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That photo is precious!!! How adorable :happydance: I am so happy for you! She looks quite content in there ;) I'm glad your scan went well and you were able to feel her and see her move at the same time, that must have been so neat! I'm a little jealous now :blush: I hope to experience that shortly!

As far as the father goes, I am very impressed with how well you are handling everything! I know you said it took 16 weeks to pick yourself up but that's amazing. You are all your daughter needs. Please do keep me updated on your progress of everything :) It's really nice to talk to someone who is on about the same timeline as me. When is your due date? Though I'm technically 19+4 past my LMP, Bun has been consistently measuring at every appointment exactly 1 day behind. What about you?

On a personal note, I've been growing increasingly nervous about my appointment. I woke up the other day thinking my bump was gone, and I felt my stomach and thought it was just soft like it used to be. You know that moment when you first wake up and feel a little out of sorts? That's when it was...as I woke up more I realized I was being crazy and the bump is still very much there and firm...but the feeling of concern never left me.

This appointment can't come soon enough and I'm so glad it's Monday morning and I won't have to wait all day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->