Cystic Hygroma (large NT@12 weeks)--not a good scan--Updated :)

Ugh I just hope you don't have to push a 10 lb baby out! Do you have gestational diabetes or did you just get lucky and go from a baby who wasn't supposed to be healthy at ALL to a completely healthy baby with a healthy appetite! Lol!

Ugh I just hope you don't have to push a 10 lb baby out! Do you have gestational diabetes or did you just get lucky and go from a baby who wasn't supposed to be healthy at ALL to a completely healthy baby with a healthy appetite! Lol!

looks like it's the latter! the doctors kept asking me then go back to my GD test and compliment me on how wonderful my sugar levels were :dohh:

my husband and I are both partially polish, i'm a huge mix of other things, he's got a lot of scottish in him and I think we are just meant to make large, possibly stout babies!

I don't care how enormous he is as long as he is a happy & healthy little dude :thumbup: and i can't wait to go back and tell all my genetic councilors and the doom and gloom doctor about his arrival. 15% chance of survival my ass!

ooooh i would love to get a baby announcement and send it to that first doctor with "here's my turner's syndrome baby you told me i'd be having" written on it :haha:. Dick!

Oh I'm sure weight is the last thing you're worried about now but all I know is if they tell me I'm having a damn near 10 lb baby I'm telling them to skip the vaginal birth and go straight for the c-section... ouch!

lol yeah, it's a concern of mine for sure...but I just have to hope that my lady bits can handle it! i really, really don't want to have to have a c-section if I can avoid it. i understand it may be enevitable but i don't want to be out of commission too long and I know that with a c-section, i will be...at least a lot longer than with a vaginal birth.

ANYWAY...how are YOU doing? How does it feel to be 32 weeks?! That was about when my body really started falling apart lol; hemmorhoids, stretch marks galore, heavy pelvis, swollen limbs...you name it. seemed to all hit me within about a week just around 32 or 33.

It makes me so happy that you are doing so well - yet so sad at the same time. I was pushed and pushed to terminate at 4 months.. Because of a cystic hygroma.. And i did. On top of the septated cystic hygroma, i had a subchorionic hematoma. And whren they did my amnio, the liquid was suppose to come out clearish yellowish. Mine was black. All old blood. I have never regretted something so much in my entire life. That was inJanuary. I think about it every day. i hope nothing but the best for you.

Just wanted to say congrats on the happy update I love hearing happy endings. Also I pushed out a 10lb 4 ounce baby with only a small internal tear! You can do it girl. :)

No baby yet- she's posted on other threads today :( Now we got a comfortable bugger!

It makes me so happy that you are doing so well - yet so sad at the same time. I was pushed and pushed to terminate at 4 months.. Because of a cystic hygroma.. And i did. On top of the septated cystic hygroma, i had a subchorionic hematoma. And whren they did my amnio, the liquid was suppose to come out clearish yellowish. Mine was black. All old blood. I have never regretted something so much in my entire life. That was inJanuary. I think about it every day. i hope nothing but the best for you.

so sorry for your loss x x

looks like it's the latter! the doctors kept asking me then go back to my GD test and compliment me on how wonderful my sugar levels were :dohh:

my husband and I are both partially polish, i'm a huge mix of other things, he's got a lot of scottish in him and I think we are just meant to make large, possibly stout babies!

I don't care how enormous he is as long as he is a happy & healthy little dude :thumbup: and i can't wait to go back and tell all my genetic councilors and the doom and gloom doctor about his arrival. 15% chance of survival my ass!

ooooh i would love to get a baby announcement and send it to that first doctor with "here's my turner's syndrome baby you told me i'd be having" written on it :haha:. Dick!

You having a haggis baby!! :D lol

xx

Wow Giggles that baby really grew huh? You must be so delighted lovely. xxx

Finally able to give an update!!! I'm currently in the hospital recovering from a c-section :) technically wasn't an emergency as I wasn't in the second stage of labor yet. My cervix wouldn't progress past 7cm, baby was showing signs of distress as was i (my BP kept dropping and my heart rate was speeding up in response to the medicine) so all and all they decided c-section was the way to go. the surgery was easy; recovering has sucked so far lol; but my little boy is here and healthy :happydance: he is super cute and a little chubster. he ended up being 9lbs2oz and just shy of 21 inches long. He is already a daddy's boy! Daddy's super power is silencing any scream!

Desmond Campbell :)

Wow congratulations gigglebox! I posted when you first had your scan at 11 weeks and have been following your story ever since! I am so glad your little (or not so little lol) boy is here safe and sound, what a very special baby xxx

YAYYYYY, biggest congratulations ever!!!!!!! Soooo happy your little miracle is finally here hun and healthy too :dance: :dance: what a big boy too, my goodness you fed him well! Take that uneducated and ignorant doctors!!!! I love the name you chose too :D can't wait to see pics! I hope you have a speedy recovery and are enjoying motherhood so far xxxxx

And let me guess, baby is completely happy and healthy with no heart or other medical issues?

I am so over the moon for you, congrats :) :) :)

I am so happy for you and your baby, you are my inspiration that things can work out for the best please update with pics of your little one :)

Thank you so much everyone. I am so, so unbelievably sorry for the poor people who commented on this post early (there were a couple of moms throughout these pages) who were in similar situations that did not turn out as well. Honestly, the support I receive through this thread has been great and I really really hope it can help someone else out.

Now, as requested...

Attachments

• 39+4 036.jpg
    39+4 036.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 78
Awwww :cloud9: he's so precious, you did such a good job hun!! And look at all that hair, my goodness, too cute :D xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->