Cytotec or vacuum aspiration?

ahhh so I am all done :) thank goodness!!! she was able to check out my ovaries and such and all looked good!! I also have a 5 cm fibroid so I asked her to check that out too.

I feel very much relieved, sarah I hope you feel this way tomorrow after the aspiration.

Today the tech said sometimes the sac disintegrates before we pass it, I told her that I didn't think I had passed the sac, and I was looking for it. The sac had last measured 2 cm by 2 cm, so for me that should have been big enough. She said, that the sac they measure is fluid filled so when you remove the fluid the size greatly reduces and you may not see anything... futuremama I'm hoping this is what happened for you too! since it happened to me... I did pass about 5 or 6 large clots but I couldn't see the sac...

good luck ladies.

Kim

Kim, so glad you are feeling good and moving on. How are your hcg levels?

I've been feeling fine other than being anxious that I haven't bled yet. I'm guessing there's not a lot in my uterus but I want to get it cleaned out so my hcg levels start dropping. I'll sure my doctor will do an hcg tomorrow as she has said many times that she wants to watch my levels drop back to 0.

I have no idea what my levels are.... my doc isn't going to do it... I am going to do hpt tests every week or so until I get a negative :)

Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you.

ug. More cramping today. Feels like muscle spasms, like you get in your side when running. So frustrated that I keep cramping but not bleeding. I suppose my body is doing what it needs to. Glad to be helping things along tomorrow. Two and a half weeks of cramps is quite enough!!

Hpt's will tell you the same thing as blood work. Not sure why my doctor is so much wanting blood work once a week.

slg, same here. I'm not even spotting! Felt some discomforts but not really cramping. Yesterday afternoon had some cramps, thought things were finally coming out, but there was nothing. I still feel pretty pregnant, sore and tender breasts, little bit of morning sickness on and off.

It's already sad enough to have a missed miscarriage, what's sadder is my body is not letting it go. :| I'm going back to see my gynae this Saturday.

By the way, what's the difference between vacuum aspiration and D&C?

Hopeforababy, sorry your body isn't cooperating. At first I really thought I would wait for a natural miscarriage. Then I realized that it was only what I thought "I should do" not really what I wanted. I want to move on. And, I don't want cramps anymore. I've had cramps for over two weeks. They are mostly just uncomfortable but occasionally get painful. I have also not even spotted yet. It's not fair to have pregnancy symptoms and feel cruddy when you know you aren't even pregnant anymore! My hcg levels must be falling because my pregnancy symptoms are about gone now.

It has been at least three weeks since the baby stopped developing and probably more like 4-5. Baby never looked older than 6 weeks but I would be almost 10 now. Sorry I can't remember when did your baby stop developing? How long ago was that?

A vacuum aspiration is less involved than a DC. With a DC they put you under, dilate your cervix, and scrap the contents of the uterus out. With a vacuum aspiration they put a local anesthetic on your cervix, dilate it just enough to get a little tube in, and apply vacuum suction to suck the contents of the uterus out. From what I've read they both are pretty safe but the aspiration doesn't involve general anesthesia and has slightly less risk of damaging the uterine lining because they aren't actually applying force to it (scrapping). Might be worth asking your doctor about.

Hope you doctor is helpful! Sounds like we are both ready to speed things along.

Doctor said baby stopped growing at 6w1D when I was 10w last week. Don't know what is wrong with my body this time. The last time I MC naturally it was pretty quick and less drama.

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely ask my doc about it this Saturday.

I want to move on, get myself checked later, and get ready to TTC again.

I do feel guilty sometimes that I want to move on so quickly. I do miss my angel.

Hey slg thinking of you today.

hopefyl i hope you soon get some closure.

futuremama havent heard from you in a few days hope you are doing okay.

Kim

Hey slg thinking of you today.

hopefyl i hope you soon get some closure.

futuremama havent heard from you in a few days hope you are doing okay.

Kim

Thinking of you today slg, hope everything goes smoothly.

I'm doing well, I went in today for a blood test to check my hcg levels. The dr wanted me to take cytotec again this weekend but I think I've already miscarried and wanted to make sure before I took it again. I've taken a couple pregnancy tests at home and they are very very faint so I'm guessing my hcg is really low. Does anyone know how soon after a mc you usually ovulate? I'm not doing ovulation tests this month but just curious since we are still wanting to get pregnant soon.

Hope you're doing well Kim, I'm sure it's a huge relief to have it over with and be able to move on.

futuremama thinking of you, good idea to get some bloods done. I took a second dose of the miso too, I think I was probably done after the first dose... on the upside, I had no cramping or anything with the second dose...

I have no idea when you ovulate either... I am curious since I am normally a 23 ish day cycle.... I dno't normally use ovulation strips but I'm tempted just to see if I am ovulating on time or not..

HI ladies. I had my ipas procedure done today (kind of like a DC). It was painful but only for a couple minutes. This afternoon the cramps haven't been any worse than what I've had for two weeks now. Felt sad to see an empty uterus on the screen afterward but feel relieved that my body can get back to normal now. My doctor was out of town but the Dr. who did it was great. She said that my corpus luteum, which provides the progesterone to support the pregnancy, was still totally intact and that is probably why my body wasn't passing the pregnancy on its own. Hoping for quickly falling HCGs now!

Hopeforababy, we are really exactly in the same situation. Today baby still measured 6 weeks and I would be 10 weeks pregnant. You have nothing to feel guilty about! You staying in limbo and not dealing with the mc will not change the outcome and dealing with it doesn't mean that you love your little angel any less!

I have been reading other women's stories that say you ovulate anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks after a miscarriage. It seems to depend on how quickly your hcg levels go down since you can't ovulate until that happens. I'm guessing about 2 weeks after you get a neg. hpt you should ovulate. I'm going to track my ovulation (If I ovulate this cycle that is) and I'll let you know.

Slg, sounds like it went well! I hope that hcg leaves your body ASAP!

slg I'm glad that your procedure is done. How are you? How's your dh?

Funny you mentioned your corpus luteum, mine was still visible on my ultrasound yesterday... here's to hoping to quickly dropping hcg levels!! did they do your levels today?

So glad your procedure went smoothly slg. I really hope all of our hcg levels decrease quickly, I am anxious to find out what my level was at today. Should know by tomorrow afternoon. Is the dr tracking anyone else's hcg level?

Slg, although it is not something to be happy about, glad that your procedure went well and you can finally move on.

Hope you get your rainbow soon! :hugs:

thanks ladies. I did do an hcg today but no results until tomorrow since I went in the afternoon.
I'm feeling not great but ok; both emotionally and physically. DH is struggling more than I am today :( He's not angry with me but he would have rather me not done the procedure. I just couldn't drag out this process anymore. He understands, he is just much more emotional than I am.

big hugs:hugs::hugs: sarah. hopefully now you can both grieve the loss and start to move towards your rainbow. Your dh sounds amazingly supportive, you're a lucky lady.

I just got my hcg results back and it's at 12. They want me to repeat it Monday just to be sure it's still going down. Did you get yours slg?

future mama, yay! You are almost there. My lab order got screwed up so I don't have a recent level. They asked me to come in Monday to get more blood drawn.

Holy hormones!! Physically I'm feeling much better now; no cramping and only slight spotting. Emotionally I am a wreck! It's not just that I'm sad; I'm short-tempered, irritable, and moody. It feels like PMS but way worse than I ever get. Good thing my husband is so patient and understanding because I have not been very nice to be around for the past day. He's been doing most of the work watching our 3 year old and has been rubbing my back and offering to take me out to eat. I do have an amazing husband! I'm hoping that in a day or two my hormones will calm back down.

How is everybody else doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->