Cytotec or vacuum aspiration?

thanks for asking. My HPTs are faint but don't seem to be getting any fainter. That said, I'm not a very patient person and I know my body just needs more time. My bleeding had stopped for several days and then I had a little more today. No cramps and my hormonal frenzy has calmed down. I go in tomorrow for another beta.

I'm still just sad that I'm not pregnant anymore. My little sister is due with her third boy next week and I'm so happy for her but sad that our babies won't be as close in age now. My #1 and her #2 are only 10 weeks apart.

I think the mc has brought up some hard feelings for my husband about his mom. She passed away a year and a half ago and he is devastated by it. I think the hurt from the mc was more than he could realistically take on so soon. He is hanging in there but I know he is hurting a lot. I wish I could help him feel better.

This is a fun week with lots of Halloween distractions. We bought our 3 y/o daughter a Doc McStuffins costume yesterday (it's a cartoon character from Disney Jr) and went to a couple parties. Today we went to the pumpkin farm. I'm also attempting a second try at potty training right now so wish me luck with that!

Hope, how are you feeling today?

Ugh. Potty training. Allllllll the luck in the world to you on that one. And I am VERY familiar with Doc McStuffins. She is a very nice break from Dora and Diego in my house.

I completely understand you on the husband thing - my DH's dad passed away in April while on vacation and he took the m/c pretty hard - but he cried his tears and now we're a month and a bit later and he's in a much better place. I hope it works the same way for your DH.

I hope your numbers are dropping like they're supposed to! Do you get the results tomorrow or do you have to wait a bit?

as long as I go for blood work before 11 am I get results that afternoon. I have a very nice doctor's office to use and it's only 20 minutes from home.

How old are your kids? Luckily my daughter never caught on to Dora. She loves Disney Jr. She will play Doc with her stuffed animals for 45 minutes at a time. I actually just bought her a Doc bag with doctor instruments in it. She gets to have it when she keeps her panties clean for 5 days. Seems like she is never going to earn it!

My MIL had cancer and we knew she was going to pass but it's still so sad. Hubby was very close to his mom and still cries often about it. We have had a very hard few years and I think it all adds up. In the last three years we have ongoing financial stress, I had cancer, we had a baby, his mom had cancer and passed away, and we don't live near any family. So you know...life. We will get through it and on to a better place soon. Thank goodness for our adorable daughter...who at this very minute is whining about bedtime and not being so adorable :)

It's awesome you get results so quickly! My kids are 4,2, and 1. It's the baby with the Dora problem. I much prefer Bubble Guppies, lol. The 2 yo goes on the potty when she feels like it, and the 4 yo was an absolute horror to potty train - he still wears overnights, but hopefully we can put and end to those soon. Sigh. My older two love playdoh. That keeps them busy for a half hour at a time. My FIL was in Mexico with my MIL on a vacation they had won from the radio. It was 2 days before his mandatory retirement from the army on his 60 th birthday. The guy survived 3 tours in Afghanistan in the previous 6 years.... We were finally supposed to have him around. But what you gonna do? Anyway, I hope the next year is much brighter for the both of us.

oh no! I'm so sorry about your FIL. What a sad story. MIL was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer just as I was finishing my breast cancer treatment. She lasted over a year which is much longer than was expected.

You do have your hands full with three young ones! We both come from big families. I have 5 siblings and my hubby has 11!! We really want to give Emily a sibling to grow up with and to have around when we aren't anymore.

I'm pretty positive that Emily knows when she has to go potty/poop. If she feels like it she can hold it and she goes on the toilet when she feels so inclined. I'm not sure why she won't use the toilet consistently. She has amazing verbal skills but can't explain what is going on with that. I kept her in panties for about three weeks and she mostly kept them dry but pooped in them every day. Grrrr. We went back to diapers for a while and today we tried again. Only one potty accident all day but she didn't poop at all. Ah the joys of parenting :)

Yes, lets hope for a great 2014 that includes some new babies to cuddle

Just when I thought I would get better soon, I had the worst day of my life last Saturday. After the D&C I didn't have much bleeding like I've told you girls. But on Saturday, I started having severe cramps, and I bled so much, passed a lot of clots and tissues! The cramps were so bad that I thought I was giving birth although I don't know if that's how it feels. Took some painkillers and lucky they did help a little. The pain subsided a little yesterday and today am feeling better. I'm not sure if this is normal. DH went to the doctor this morning to get the unfit-for-duty cert on my behalf, he did ask the doctor and he said that shouldn't happen and he's worried of infection. He said if I'm feeling better then I can wait till the follow-up appointment this Wednesday.

The cramps still come and go now, but not as serious as Saturday.

I hope it's not because of the infection and the D&C is complete. Don't know how I can handle it anymore if there's any complications.

oh no! I'm so sorry that you are having troubles, Hope. I've heard that you can bleed quite a bit after D&C but I haven't heard much about passing tissue. Seem like they should have removed all that when they were in there. I do know that bleeding can come and go. My doctor told me my bleeding may be very inconsistent and may start and stop a few times. I hope you don't have an infection. You don't have a fever do you? If you do I would call your Dr. ASAP. I hope you just had some extra "stuff" to get rid of and that you will improve now. Hang in there :hug:

Was a bit feverish on Friday, but after that I was ok. Yeah, I'm gonna ask the doctor why did I pass so much of clots and tissues when he should have removed them all during the procedure.

My DH has his own explanation, he said perhaps my body begun to realise I'm not pregnant anymore and started to expel whatever is left inside. He could be right, my breasts are no longer sore and swollen since Saturday.

Thanks slg. Your support and comfort really mean a lot. :hugs: I still breakdown in tears some time why this had to happen to me. Hormones I guess. :)

Hope, they might have missed some tissue when they did the d&c and your body kindly got rid of it on its own, rather than force another D&c. I think that can happen if our uterus is tilted and in some other conditions. From all the stuff I read, if you don't have a fever or foul smelling discharge you should be okay. I hope today is a better day.

your husbands explanation sounds reasonable. I started bleeding again yesterday and I came up with the same explanation for it....that my hormone levels dropped enough for my body to get rid of my lining. Hope you are feeling better today. Glad to hear the fever didn't stick around.

I had more blood drawn today and will get results this afternoon. Yesterday's HPT was still obviously positive.

Just came back from the hospital, the U/S showed my uterus is clean, only little bit of blood clots left, doctor is relieved, I too am relieved! He said he didn't have patients going thru what I'm going thru, he's still concerned of possible infection, and prescribed me another round of antibiotics. Did urine test too to make I don't have UTI too. Doc gave me some hormone pills too, said to help regulating my next AF.

This is definitely a long road to recovery.

3Minions, I'm feeling better today. Had another episode of bad cramps and bleeding yesterday afternoon. Hopefully they don't come attacking me later.

Slg, hope you get your negative today. :)

How is everyone doing??? Hope, I hope that you are feeling better and not bleeding.

I'm doing well apart from a stubborn headache that I've had for almost a week now. My HPTs have turned from obviously positive to squinters. I will have another beta done on Monday. I passed a piece of tissue the other day with was an odd experience. Even though my aspiration should have cleared out the baby I can't help but wonder if some of that tissue was pregnancy instead of just uterine lining. It was bean shaped with one large string coming from it. Thoughts?

Slg, I'm on day 10 (seriously) of my first AF after the D&C, and I had something fall out the other day that was a loooooong stringy thing with a really weird texture. I'll bet it was just a regular ol' weird piece of lining. I think if they forget other parts you bleed quite a bit afterwards.

Glad to hear that you all are doing well. My bleeding has stopped, only some spotting. Think everything will be ok soon.

Slg, I think it's just some blood clot that finally found its way out. But yeah I understand, we thought the procedure should have gotten rid of everything and why we could still pass so much of tissue and clot. I would want to think it's our body trying to go back to its best condition and pass any unwanted and unhealthy things out.

I won't be TTC so soon, will start again next January, but hey it's only two months away. :D I'm not sure which thread to join, but I don't want to lose touch with you all. So, I have only been reading here and there. :)

Hope we all get our rainbow real soon! :hugs: :flower:

glad you guys are doing well! 10 days is a long AF :hissy:

Hope-I think getting ready to ttc counts so you should stay right here with us if you want to :friends:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"