Dairy free moms

TG - so glad that dairy reintroduction went so well for you, it sounds like Ally will be fine with it too if she has been ok with hidden dairy - hurrah for a success story.

Ruth thanks for the links, Is there any reason I can't give Cora standard humous, it says the only allergen is sesame?

Well i think (bit I just jinxed it now) I have got all the allergens out of Cora's system, her poo seems to be back to normal and she actually slept for a chunk of time last night for the first time in a month :happydance:. I really struggle with holding off testing her with things, I would like a few weeks of sleep but am also keen to see if the things I think have caused reactions really have iykwim!

TG - so glad that dairy reintroduction went so well for you, it sounds like Ally will be fine with it too if she has been ok with hidden dairy - hurrah for a success story.

Ruth thanks for the links, Is there any reason I can't give Cora standard humous, it says the only allergen is sesame?

Well i think (bit I just jinxed it now) I have got all the allergens out of Cora's system, her poo seems to be back to normal and she actually slept for a chunk of time last night for the first time in a month :happydance:. I really struggle with holding off testing her with things, I would like a few weeks of sleep but am also keen to see if the things I think have caused reactions really have iykwim!
Hi shiv,
No harm in regular old hummus it's just the hemp has a whack of protein and all the omegas that regular stuff wouldn't have. And in case it was on ur mind, don't worry, the hemp seeds don't contain any of the high-inducing chemicals that the marijuana does!
I know what u mean about trialling stuff, it's horrible to think you've made them sick again or caused them pain, but you dont want to limit them when it's not needed either :shrug: rock & a hard place! x

hahahaha it actually hadn't crossed my min about the hemp, shame it might have helped her sleep :haha:

Hi everyone! I just cut out all dairy from my diet a week ago and am hoping it will help my little guy. He is almost 13 weeks old and started having problems at 10 weeks, fussing when he poops and from ten weeks on, his poops were all mucousy and a few have had blood. As of yesterday, we havent had any mucousy poop or any blood but all of his poops are watery. I would do anything to see some normal seedy BF poop!!!!

:flower: hi missangie,

Sound like classic symptoms... I hope you see some improvement soon.

I've popped in to ask you all some advice about trialing a bit of dairy with Rowan. My dietician told me not to give him anything with dairy in til 12 months old and as far as bf is concerned she basically implied I should give it up (didn't take any notice of that one). Anyhow, I accidentally gave him a baby biscuit a week ago with skimmed milk powder in it. As soon as I realised I took it off him but he'd already eaten a little bit... but I didn't note any reaction. I was thinking it might be worth introducing a little dairy to my diet just to see... but I don't know what to try... and also, if I'm honest, I'm really scared. :nope:

oooh, great thread

I went dairy free as soon as I gave birth (was dairy free before getting pregnant too because it helps eases the pain of endometriosis)

Instead of milk, I am having rice milk with my cereal in a morning, I'm actually quite used to it now!! it also contains calcium. Not really that bothered about yogurt and cheese but it's the cutting out the chocolate that is gonna kill me for these first few weeks until I get used to it.

oooh, great thread

I went dairy free as soon as I gave birth (was dairy free before getting pregnant too because it helps eases the pain of endometriosis)

Instead of milk, I am having rice milk with my cereal in a morning, I'm actually quite used to it now!! it also contains calcium. Not really that bothered about yogurt and cheese but it's the cutting out the chocolate that is gonna kill me for these first few weeks until I get used to it.

they do sells chocolates that dont contain dairy

:flower: hi missangie,

Sound like classic symptoms... I hope you see some improvement soon.

I've popped in to ask you all some advice about trialing a bit of dairy with Rowan. My dietician told me not to give him anything with dairy in til 12 months old and as far as bf is concerned she basically implied I should give it up (didn't take any notice of that one). Anyhow, I accidentally gave him a baby biscuit a week ago with skimmed milk powder in it. As soon as I realised I took it off him but he'd already eaten a little bit... but I didn't note any reaction. I was thinking it might be worth introducing a little dairy to my diet just to see... but I don't know what to try... and also, if I'm honest, I'm really scared. :nope:

I know how you feel :hugs: if you read back in this thread, you can see what a total paranoid wreck I was! I started small, but it made me over analyse and angst over and over...so in the end went for something quite biggish. I was so worried at the thought of making my baby feel unwell. However, we have been lucky. Dairy reintroduction has gone very well for me...and Ally has now tried some bits herself, and been totally fine.

How about trying something small, almost to build confidence, see what happens over the week...if all is good, try something bigger, so you know one way or another?

oooh, great thread

Green and Blacks is your friend! Lots of yummy DF chocolate!

You can buy DF brownies, cakes and biscuits that all taste great (I can give you the names of more, but try Lazy Days, Booja Booja truffles, and some supermarket brownies, boots and somewhere else, have no dairy in their 'normal' brownies)

I've been making lots and lots of DF chocolate cake, and Oatley chocolate milk is THE best!

oooh, great thread

Green and Blacks is your friend! Lots of yummy DF chocolate!

You can buy DF brownies, cakes and biscuits that all taste great (I can give you the names of more, but try Lazy Days, Booja Booja truffles, and some supermarket brownies, boots and somewhere else, have no dairy in their 'normal' brownies)

I've been making lots and lots of DF chocolate cake, and Oatley chocolate milk is THE best!

oooh, thank you so much for the advice :thumbup:

I'm a chocolate fiend...and where there's a will, there's always a way :haha:

did any of your babies not show signs of having a problem with dairy until after 9 weeks?

Yep, the colicky symptoms and sick crept up. First few weeks, we didn't notice a thing.

Been meaning to come back on here and update about my newest find - Tesco's own brand coconut milk in the fresh aisle (not UHT). I've tried every milk alternative going, and this is by far the nicest. It tastes like actual milk, albeit the skimmed stuff. But neither my husband or my mum could tell the difference and they're really picky. It's not a weird colour, isn't gritty, doesn't have an artificial flavour and has as much calcium as cow's milk. Their chocolate version is particularly yummy. I still have some Kara UHT stuff in the cupboard for emergencies but the Tesco one is much nicer. I can happily have tea and cereal again!

I'm longing back to the days when dairy was the only thing I had to avoid, I thought it was difficult at the time but now I've had to cut out soya, eggs, oats and gluten as well. Now I realise there were an awful lot of dairy free foods, and if I'd discovered the coconut milk earlier I could easily have coped fine. But unfortunately the gluten and eggs are a killer, virtually everything has one of the five things in. I've tried making my own stuff with gluten free flour and egg replacer but it always turns out yucky. I miss cakes and bread so much! The annoying thing is that the gluten causes me problems, not just LO. So I can't even console myself with the hope he'll grow out of it soon, because it'll make no difference :haha:.

I miss chocolate too, I can only have the really dark green and blacks stuff which I don't like. Luckily coco pops are yummy, especially with chocolate coconut milk, so I get my choccy fix from that! I quite often make rice crispy or coco pop cakes for a quick treat. And I've recently discovered that Betty Crocker's chocolate 'buttercream' and choccy fudge cake frostings are free from everything and taste delicious. I often melt a bit of the buttercream one as dipping sauce for strawberries and banana. Really rich and chocolatey, mmmm!

Thanks Bid for the tip about the coconut milk, I've not seen the Tesco own one, I've been buying Kara. My favourite was alpro almond milk but now that LO is weaning I've been buying Kara because it has more calcium for her.

They don't yet sell the Tesco own brand one in London, someone else from Scotland mentioned it somewhere else and I've looked out for it and its not available. <aybe it is being trialled in certain areas of the UK? However some Tescos around here do sell the chilled version of Kara which I haven't tried; but it has even more vitamins and calcium than the other one and I presume it would taste nice and fresh. Don't try the chocolate Kara though-thats awful! xx

hi ladies, i've been dairy free for 4 months and i wanted to know how long you've waited before trying to reintroduce dairy? i'm thinking about having a bit but i'm nervous!!

Hello Ladies, I'm not sure whether this is the right thread to ask this, but I was hoping for a bit of help really, My LO "May" have a Milk intolerance.. and I was wondering how you all decided it was milk? I took her to the hospital and they have given me some formula to give her which doesn't have anything in. I have cut out dairy (since Saturday) and been having soya milk, the hospital suggests that if she does have an allergy to milk she might also have an allergy to soya.
So how did you cope?
I plan on expressing hoping that she will go back to breast...
What do you think?? I hope the questions make sense!?

Her symptoms are currently Acne type spots on her face, Some green poos, irregular cough, gungy eyes (she has had this since birth) she is nearly 1 month old...
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->