'Dangerous' dogs

Your post wasn't funny at all. No need to be rude to other people for pointing that out.

Sorry girls, I have to admit I laughed. I understand most wouldn't find it funny... but I did. Must be the dark humour.

This thread has been cleaned up (removed the posts that were deleted and those in relation to them). Let's get it back on track please :flower:

If you have an issue with another member let's take it to PM or use the ignore function

My 14 year old staffy is the softest dog in the world. He's great with Daisy, loves her to bits and I totally trust him with her. I have 3 dogs and the one I trust the least with Daisy is actually my chihuahua.

Attachments

• 166 Large Web view.jpg
    166 Large Web view.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 4
This may have already been posted as I havent read the whole thread but this is the kennel club breed standard for a staffy:
https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/87

Quotes from it include:
CharacteristicsTraditionally of indomitable courage and tenacity. Highly intelligent and affectionate especially with children.

TemperamentBold, fearless and totally reliable.

I'm gonna try not to get carried away as this topic really upsets me. I own two pit bulls, both females and actually both were trained in the army. I have not ONCE had any problems with them, they have never bitten anything or anyone. I can take food from they're mouth, now my 7 month old chihuahua is a different sorry, she will bit your head off. Dogs bite because their owners taught them not too, and I strongly stand beside this. Ontario banned pit bulls in 2005 and it was the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard of, seeing as most of my friends golden retrievers bite me every time I try to pet them. Statistics show that "family dogs", labs, golden retrievers etc are more likely to bite a child. The dogs react because children yank on them by pulling their tails and ears.

Heres a story of my beautiful pit bull, when she was 2 years old my mother burnt her hand on cooking oil, Tiana watched my mother as she ran her hand under cold water. As my mother laid on the couch trying to calm down from the shock, Tia ran to her drinking water and dipped her tongue into it and ran to my mom to lick her hand, she did this for about an hour. So it's not so much the bred as it is the owner, if you don't discipline your animal it will get out of control.

Don't discredit this dogs, they are highly intelligent.

Thanks

I'm gonna try not to get carried away as this topic really upsets me. I own two pit bulls, both females and actually both were trained in the army. I have not ONCE had any problems with them, they have never bitten anything or anyone. I can take food from they're mouth, now my 7 month old chihuahua is a different sorry, she will bit your head off. Dogs bite because their owners taught them not too, and I strongly stand beside this. Ontario banned pit bulls in 2005 and it was the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard of, seeing as most of my friends golden retrievers bite me every time I try to pet them. Statistics show that "family dogs", labs, golden retrievers etc are more likely to bite a child. The dogs react because children yank on them by pulling their tails and ears.

Heres a story of my beautiful pit bull, when she was 2 years old my mother burnt her hand on cooking oil, Tiana watched my mother as she ran her hand under cold water. As my mother laid on the couch trying to calm down from the shock, Tia ran to her drinking water and dipped her tongue into it and ran to my mom to lick her hand, she did this for about an hour. So it's not so much the bred as it is the owner, if you don't discipline your animal it will get out of control.

Don't discredit this dogs, they are highly intelligent.

Thanks

That is a lovely story. I grew up with a labradoodle, and whenever he hears something outside he runs over to me and sits on my feet to protect me. I feel so safe being alone in the house with him. Obviously I would never leave him or any of my mum's other dogs (she has 3) alone with Ivy but they are trained so well and I've never known them to snap at anyone, even when a family friend's kid ran over to Doodle and poked him in the eye! Its definitely down to the trainer rather than the breed of dog in most cases.

i agree with everyone else the dog sounds fine, the only reason people think they are "child easters" is because of the press infact im sure ive ready somewhere your more likely to be attacked my a Lab or a Dal that a staffie.

Top ten dogs that bite
10. Dalmatian
9. Boxer
8. Presa Canario
7. Chow Chow
6. Doberman Pinschers
5. Alaskan Malamutes
4. Huskies
3. German Shepherds
2. Rottweilers
1. Pit Bulls

There not even in the top 10 and number 7 Chow Chow hardly looks like a biter https://mofoyo.com/files/images/5583.preview.jpg

If a paper tried selling a sory abotu a chow chow biting i think people would proberly think its a joke looking at the picture and of course family dog never bite in the eyes of the press only these "mean" looking dogs and its because it sells papers

I own #3 a german shepherd. Also please bear in mind if you never let your child near dogs they will become scared of them and when a person shows they are scared of dogs is when the dogs will Boss you around.

i cant believe my malamutes at number 5:shrug::nope:
Shes the softest thing, EVER, she loves children so much, when we fetch my sister from school she goes into stupid lay down licky mode because she can see so many kids:thumbup:
i'd trust her with my life, shes not got a bad bone in her.

I really think whats put in the press is just, well, rubbish.

staffs, pitbulls etc only have a bad name because people have made them that way! their power is immense - yes, but i know plenty of staffs that are soft as butter, if ANY breed of dog is brought up in the wrong hands, disaster will happen!
xx

Mya:
(some people ARE scared of her appearance - being her owner i can't see why)

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/bubbly_cornwall/2011-03-01134500.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Kodi your dog is seriously beautiful! I miss my dogs :(

Mya:
(some people ARE scared of her appearance - being her owner i can't see why)

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/bubbly_cornwall/2011-03-01134500.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Beautiful

Kodi your dog is seriously beautiful! I miss my dogs :(

thank you ;)
aw i couldnt imagine life without them :(

this is my other boy, whos also a big softy, hes a japanese akita, and they have a terrible stigma and were actually going to be banned!!!!

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/bubbly_cornwall/DSCF1317.jpg

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/bubbly_cornwall/20062010125.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"