Darling buds of May and June bugs!

Just hoping I've dilated enough for her to break my waters. Only had one pessary so far and she said if things are progressing on their own then I won't need the drip and can still walk about. I hope so cos its agony when I sit down and I only get any relief when I'm on the birthing ball or leaning against a wall!

Leanne I am so glad that your midwife was understanding! It will make you feel better too that she didn't lecture like some of them can do xx

Nicola by the sounds of it you are progressing well and im sure they will be able to break your waters. I'm sure most people need 2 pessaries so you contracting with 1 is a good sign. Hopefully you won't need the drip and your labour will carry on smoothly and quickly xx

That sounds like my labor Nicola!!!! When they finally checked me I was 8cm!!!!!!!

Oooh its exciting!! When they checked me i was 4-5. I was holding her a few minutes later! Lol. I'm clearly not normal though as you've probably all guessed. Getting settled in a bit more now, mw came earlier, all was well. Just took Izzy down the road in the pram for the first time. So weird, its been a long time since i last pushed a pram. Will get some pics up asap XxX

Grrr I'm fed up. No delivery suites free and no midwives available to give me one on one attention so I haven't even been examined yet. She said she doesn't want to examine me until she knows there's one free as ideally she'd like to break my waters at the same time and can't do that til I can be moved.

Pains are less frequent now too, don't know if it's cos I've been lying down as been strapped to monitor again for half an hour. Wish something would happen, I just want to know I'm making some progress!

Awww Nicola, hang in there hun. I know its frustrating but sounds typical of the midwifes i've encountered. Hope they don't keep you waiting too long. Thinking of you :hugs: XxX

I hope a suite becomes available for you soon Nicola and you get checked so that you know how you are progressing. The waiting can be so frustrating! Hopefully once your waters are broken things speed up for you xxx

Megan your pictures on fb are gorgeous!! She has amazing big eyes-what a cutie!! xx

Nope nothing is progressing :( had a second prostin at 7:20pm and then the nice midwife went home. New one is a bit miserable and hasn't checked baby once since I came off the monitor an hour and a half ago. She said I wot get checked again til 1:20am!

I really should be walking about to try nd move things on but we are both so tired now I need a lie down. Been up since 6am after only 3 hours sleep last night so we're both curled on my bed trying to rest a bit :) if they still can't break my waters at next check then Steven is getting sent home - I'm praying that doesn't happen.

Glad midwife put your mind at ease Leanne and that you got out of the house for a bit x

hoping things speed up for you soon nicola, still thinking of you XxX

Leanne I bet you felt great getting out of the house for a bit xx

Nicola I really hope things speed up for you, you will be absolutely shattered :hugs: I hope I look here in a few hours to see your birth announcement xxxx

I hope they let you rest over night if there was no progress xxxx I'll
Be checking in all day for updates x
Last day for a may baby! X

Ahh Nicola I was early in my statement, I really thought you'd of had her next time you posted!

I hope you have had her now xxxx

Thanks everyone but no still not had her :(

Not even in labour yet. I had the shittest midwife ever over night who just kept giving me more prostins even though it was obvious they weren't working, then checking me after 6 hours and deciding to wait another 2 then another 2, etc etc etc.

She's finished now thank god and I've got a nice midwife who is much more understanding. I'm waiting for a room to become available and then they're either going to break my waters (if cervix has actually dilated past 1cm now) or give me a c section. At this point I am practically begging for the c section but even if they successfully break my waters I'll be getting an epidural as I can't handle any more pain. I've been contracting strong and regularly now for 25 hours and have had no sleep.

Oh and a word of advice - if any of you ever have more kids and they offer you sterile water injections in your back as pain relief DO NOT take it! I have never felt pain like that before in my life, I'd rather do another 25 hours of contractions than get those stuck on my back again. It felt like someone was setting my skin on fire!

Really feel for you sweetheart, lets hope they pull their finger out soon! As ever, thinking of you :hugs: XxX

Aw Nic, sorry you are having such a crap time. Really hope a room becomes available soon for you. Yes definitely take the epidural, it will mean you can get some sleep and get some energy back. Thinking of you and hope you are holding your baby girl soon xxxxx

Ahh Nick how crap. It was like that for me too in the end I asked for the epi cause my bum hurt from sitting on the delivery bed for so long I hadn't even started contracting! I hope labour happens naturally for you a c section hurts after I can tell you that much! But I like you was desperate after so long x

Good luck lovely xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->