Darling buds of May and June bugs!

This child has got to be winding me up! All this time with no signs of labour whatsoever and then the day before I'm due to be induced I think I've lost some plug! Just been to the loo and there was a sort of brown gunk when I wiped, is this what it starts like?

Still not going to get my hopes up that it'll lead anywhere as I'll probably be being induced before it makes any further progress but at least it's a sign I'm dilating if nothing else.

Leanne yeah I've heard it's normal for them to lose weight in the first few weeks as well. Sorry you're finding feeding so difficult, have you tried a breast feeding group to see if they have any tips on making it less painful?

My massive show started off brown on first wipe! Wouldn't surprise me if it all started today! Yay, exciting, anymore developments? :happydance: I'm home now anyway :) just looked in labour summary, first stage 0 mins second stage 14 mins lol XxX

Leanne, glad you are not in too much pain and the first poo is always the worst! Have you had your latch checked, that can cause pain when feeding, a midwife would be able to help. For engorgement, try having a bath and putting a warm cloth on your boob, that should cause your milk to run and relieve the pain. I'm sure it will get easier for you hun, but if it doesn't, don't feel guilty for stopping. I breastfed for 10 weeks last time, but swapped to formula as she still fed constantly! I did feel so guilty but looking back I know it was the best decision for us as we were both much happier.

Nicola that sounds like a good sign! Even if you don't go into labour youself, it probably means you are dilating, which will make induction easier to get started. Anymore signs? What time do you go in tomorrow? xxx

Rose, glad you are home now! You can get settled in with Isobelle. Wow that was quick!! I don't even know how long mine officially was as I never had access to my labour notes to read. I was given new ones when I was transferred to the ward. How are you feeling now? xx

Nah no more developments since that wipe, at least it's a start though :) that is a fast labour, hope mine resembles that! Eee I can't believe I'm going to be a mum tomorrow! Glad you're home now and you can start getting settled!

Going in at 8am Suze so by this time tomorrow it could all be over - hopefully!

Ooh so exciting Nicola. Yes hopefulllt this time tomorrow you Will be holding your princess and our final darling bud will be here :happydance:

I'm so sorry you've had such a wait Nicola but it will all be over tomorrow and we willall e complete. I'm feeling ok, bit light headed from lack of sleep. Stitches are pulling a bit too, haven't got the courage to attempt a number two just yet but i've got a feeling it wont be long before it happens. Izzy is now being bottle fed, i just couldn't do it anymore, everybody i spoke to at the hospital had conflicting advice, izzy wzs getting so distressed i couldn't stand to see her so hungry. Shes been a lot more settled since i swapped. I take my hat off to those of you persevering witn it, i don't find it easy at all. At least her first few feeds were colostrum :) XxX

I'm still half expecting to get a baby boy placed in my arms to be honest! :) we still can't agree on a boy's name so I hope the 85% guess was correct!

You've got to do what's best for you with regards to feeding Rose. If she's more settled and you're in less pain then it's best all round. I'm going to try and persevere as long as possible but I obviously have no idea what to expect so we'll see!

My boobs are killing! My nipples really. But I know it will pass. Milk is coming in already thank goodness. My boobs look like lumpy water melons!!!!
We have decided to call her Ashleigh, after her daddy Ashley as she looks so much like him.
I got 5 hours sleep last night! I am quite chuffed with that!

I will write up my labor story later on. Although I think I made a couple of posts whilst high on gas and air??????? Blowing balloons started it off any how! X

Nicola not long now. I think you are starting your self but I think just them checking you over tomorrow ( when then check to see if your cervis is ripe) might be enough!!!!
Fingers crossed! X

Rose you did what's best for you and izzy so blah blah to anyone else!!!! X

Aw Leanne massive :hugs: I know how you are feeling, the guilt can be awful, but you have done the right thing. You are NOT a failure hun, the fact Theon is now content and settled shows that. You have to do what is right for you both and you don't want to look back at the first few weeks of Theon being here and only remembering how much pain you were in and how upsetting it was seeing Theon upset. Your midwife should be understanding and if not, please remember it is your decision and you know what is right for you both. The memories of how hard it was last time, finalised my decision to bottle feed from the start this time as I am so glad I did. Don't worry your milk will just dry up. You will have engorgement for a few days which will be painful but don't express as this will produce more milk. Wear a good, tight fitting bra to support your boobs and they should go down in a few days xxx

Aw sorry to set you off again Hun, blame it on the hormones! You don't need to say thanks, it's all true. I think that it's so unfair how much pressure can be out on people to breastfeed, especially first time mums. They talk about the benefits of it but I think it is wrong that they don't explain the reality of it and how difficult it can be. The first few weeks after having our babies are emotional enough, without adding that kind of stress and guilt to us. The main thing is that Theon is fed and happy, and I promise you will start feeling better about it all soon :hugs: Plus it means you can enjoy a good few drinks this weekend and Ric can help out with the feeds too :happydance: xxx

Leanne please please don't worry about what other people think. Your midwife should just be glad that you gave it a go and carried on for as long as you could. If Theon is happy then that's all you should think about. As the others have said you should be enjoying this time with your new baby and not having a constant battle on your hands.

It might be a bit of an old wives tale but my mam told me that she used to put damp lettuce leaves in her bra when she was sitting about the house to dry up her milk supply. Apparently it soothes the pain of engorgement and something in the lettuce dries the milk up quicker. Sounds gross but may be worth a try?!

Good luck for tomorrow Nicola!! I will be thinking off you. Hope it all goes quickly and easily for you xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->