date pushed back :( I WANT TO CRY

ampersandme

Reaction score
I just found out the TAFE I was going to do my Cert 3 in child care at is not taking anymore enrolments for this year, something to do with revisions to their program (I'm guessing its recession based reasons.)
ARgghghghg! I want to cry/curl in a little ball/stay in bed all day////:hissy::hissy:

My course there was only 2 days a week for four months, anywhere else its 5 days a week for 6 months, so I'll have no time to work and wotn be able to afford to live with my OH. :hissy:

We said we would start trying to concieve after I finish my course and get a few other things done, but now I might not even get to start it till next year!

BHGIITEROTEORITHE KEWRK!! I was so excited about it >_<
I guess now I might just have to try get work in a child care centre with no qualifications..

I don't know, I just cant work at Subway forever.

Can you look for a job where you qualify as you work? My sister is a nursery school assistant and has a couple of NVQs already.

I'm going to apply for some unqualified child care worker positions. the ABC centres we have over here takes people and I can post out my resume to local centres and keep my eye on career websites and the paper. Thats all I really can do for the time being anyway, any midyear courses don't start till June.

In the uk some nursarys will employ you and put you though the qualifications you need. Dont worrie hun things will sort them self out.

Poor girl! That must be super frustration. I definitely understand why you'd be so upset. It's a big let down when you have things set in your head and they turn around and go the opposite way. Maybe things will work out better this way, you know? It'll come, hunny! I swear by it! :) Keep your head up.

I found a course I can do.. :) Its through Cengage, I don't have to go to TAFE I do the whole course alone, from home :) Which I think would be better for me....
It costs the same amount and I end up with exactly the same Certificate at the end. I need to discuss it with my parents still and I'm not sure how thrilled they will be about me doing all the learning myself from a textbook and online lectures...
But my OH found out about it for me and is so excited!! He is so cute, hes like "LOOK WHAT I FOUND :)"

It sounds good and is definetly legit, its nationally recognized and I can even apply for AUSSTUDY (which is money the government gives you for studying) through it :)!!!!!

Just have to wait and see what my parents think. I also applied for a volunteer position in a child care centre 1 day a week!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->