Dating Scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Flump17 08 11, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Flump17 08 11

Flump17 08 11 Well-Known Member

Hello Ladies

I know expected delivery dates could change but is there any way the midwives could date me back to the actual week of conception ? I know I conceived somewhere between 21-26 November but because they date you from the first day of your last period I am 11w+1. If they date me back to the actual conceiving week that would only make me 10w+2 and I really don't want to go backwards. This 12 week wait has been long enough already and I really want to see our little bubba waving back at us :rofl:

Thanks

xxx

2. pink80

pink80 Please......

All pregnancies are dated from the last period LMP because they don't know when people actually conceive, the only time this gets changed is by a dating scan that shows the baby has different measurements by more than a week (I think) i.e the woman ovulated on CD 21 as opposed to CD14. They would then move your dates by one week

For instance based on my LMP I'm 6 weeks today but based on my OV I think I'm 5 weeks today - does that make sense?? Or am I confusing you more!!

I'm sure someone will come along in a minute to explain better than I can!!!