Day 5 of... (TMI)

puffers121

Reaction score
Not pooping

What on earth is going on. How can I have 5 days of food still in there. Where the heck is it going!?

Something has gotta give!!

You can get really constipated when ur pregnant just drink some prune juice n some high fibre foods to eat 😉

In the same boat, day 4 here! I feel so blocked up and I don't think it's helping with the MS 🤢

I swear I've not properly gone for over three weeks now :haha: no amount of fibre is helping. I think most of my cramps aren't my uterus it's my blooming digestive system :haha: urgh

I went a month at a time without pooping when I was pregnant with my first baby. Let me just say right now. DON'T LET THIS CONTINUE. You've gotta do something. First, accept the fact that it probably WILL hurt when this finally comes out. Second, drink extra, extra water. Now, don't go intoxicating yourself with it, but drink as much water as you comfortably can. Third, prune juice... Try to gulp plenty of that down, but it will take a day or two to work. So, let's see how desperate you are. Next, ask your doctor if you can take some Colace. My doctor considers it completely safe throughout all of pregnancy, and I take it most days to keep myself pretty regular, but it is not foolproof. It takes about 3 days to make me "go," and you cannot wait another 3 days. However, I take the stool softeners before bed only on the days that I poop so my next-in-line is nice and soft. If you still haven't pooped, while you're on the phone with your doctor, ask if you can take Milk of Magnesia. It is gross. Chalky. Coats your throat and feels like you can just never get the taste out of your mouth. It thins out your poop into water. And if you take it, don't trust any farts, TRUST me on this. Do not. Trust. Farts. It is a last resort, and it makes some people feel nauseated, but you will poop within 12 hours of taking it. Take it, then drink lots of water. The first time I took it, I was a week backed up, and I went in an hour after taking it. If Milk of Magnesia doesn't work, then... I'd really hate to think of what's in you. MoM is 99% foolproof (and 99% gross).

Goooooooooooood luck!

Reading this whilst sat on the loo... Like you do.

I have ulcerative colitis so I'm used to things going the... Other way shall we say. Nope, day 3 no poop. Taking my meds as recommended but will be given some laxido soon if it doesn't happen alone! Fun times!

Hurray I had a victory today! I don't quite feel better, but it's an improvement. I really felt ill after and have had weird MS today. I think I'll go with trying prune juice! I actually enjoy prunes, so it shouldn't be too bad :)

I talked to my RE nurse about this coz I was starting to get really bad stomach aches from constipation. She recommended several things for relief.
1. for instant relief - take colace or milk of magnesia
2. start taking probiotics to regulate yourself
3. take prenatals that are lower in iron. apparently iron backs you up real bad
4. drink lots and lots of water!!!!
5. as weird as it may sound, don't force yourself to eat fibrous foods. Apparently fiber when already constipated will only back you up even more. Eat fiber once you've had relief!

I hope this helps!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"